Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Adjust Gimbal Roll
1551 4 2017-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mims
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was shooting some landscapes for a client today with a new I2. I have the grid on to help with framing, and I notice that the camera is not always exactly horizontal. I found myself adjusting the gimbal roll before many of my shots. I know that it's also easy to fix that stuff in post, but I'm curious: You guys have the same issue? Perhaps it's my OCD that likes exactly horizontal lines. I guess it's also possible that the landscape is not exactly horizontal either. Just wanted to get your thoughts.
2017-6-1
Use props
raven4
First Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

Is it always off in the same direction? Or does it vary from one side to the other?
2017-6-1
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
First Officer
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

I've had this issue with my I2 also. It doesn't seem as bad right after calibrating everything. After a firmware update I calibrate the IMU, compass and gimbal before the next flight. At that point it seems to be okay but after several flights it gets out of whack. What's worse is that the amount of roll is not consistent and even the direction varies. I will admit that I am more OCD about this than most. I use the gridlines for reference also.
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

In addition to raven4's post, is everything up to date firmware wise? Is there a lot of wind? Have you already tried the IMU/gimbal calibration troubleshooting steps? In regards to the latter, the horizon could have a bit of an optical illusion depending on where you're filming. Spaced out trees or hills can mess with you a bit. If you've got any screenshots of how it appears to line up in the app using the grid, it could help determine the severity of the issue.
2017-6-2
Use props
Mims
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi, Jamie. Everything is up to date. I'll do another round of calibrations. Just to be clear, it's not very severe - certainly less than 5 degrees. I'll post a screen shot next week when I fly again.
2017-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules