how can I know what was done (or not)? / battery still dead
787 6 2017-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ukaleq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1303780 ft
Germany

I am creating a new thread because my post in the original thread remains unanswered.

I reproduced it here:

I have finally received both of my drones. I haven't had time yet to  test them but I am very surprised that the repair form doesn't say  anything meaningul. There is no way to find out what problems have been  diagnosed, what has been done or not. True, it looks like the drone  bodies have a new serial number which implies they have been changed.  Did I get new units or refurbished ones then?

Finally I sent back a faulty battery that stopped working after just a  couple of flights. The battery does not power up the aircraft even  though you can turn it on and off. That battery came back as it was,  only with a sticker showing the case number. This is not acceptable!

Plus I had to pay for insured shipping even thought those repairs were  cost-free guarantee repairs. And now I will have to send back the defect  battery. Can I at least get the money back?

--------

Very disappointed with DJI customer service... I dreamt of buying an Inspire 2 but spending EUR 10k + (with all accessoiries and stuff) really looks like a huge gamble if I get the same kind of issues as with the phantoms...

2017-6-2
Use props
WEJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 205276 ft
United States

I had a unit go down and they said it was out of warranty even though I had less than six months.  It appears they sent back another unit that was much older (and previously in service) but now claim it was mine (that suddenly went down over water).  I did not discover until now when I looked at the internal serial numbers from the flight records.  So now I know why they show much earlier in service date and why repairs were extensive.  ONE LESSON SHOULD BE "CHECK THE SERIAL NUMBERS OF THE UNITS WHEN THEY ARE RETURNED. " Otherwise you may crash and older heavily repaired unit.  It's going to be hard to believe them now since they have made multiple mistakes.
2017-6-2
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

So you buy a new but faulty unit and you may end up with a refurbished old one... Very encouraging.
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

When reviewing your previous case numbers, I wasn't able to find any mention of that battery. If it was a different case, could you happen to provide it? As far as refurb vs new units, it's generally handled on a case by case basis. Refurbished units are made from new parts and would have been tested to function properly.
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

WEJ Posted at 2017-6-2 07:06
I had a unit go down and they said it was out of warranty even though I had less than six months.  It appears they sent back another unit that was much older (and previously in service) but now claim it was mine (that suddenly went down over water).  I did not discover until now when I looked at the internal serial numbers from the flight records.  So now I know why they show much earlier in service date and why repairs were extensive.  ONE LESSON SHOULD BE "CHECK THE SERIAL NUMBERS OF THE UNITS WHEN THEY ARE RETURNED. " Otherwise you may crash and older heavily repaired unit.  It's going to be hard to believe them now since they have made multiple mistakes.

You had already received an email from Support regarding your case, they're working to get this sorted for you.
2017-6-2
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-2 17:22
When reviewing your previous case numbers, I wasn't able to find any mention of that battery. If it was a different case, could you happen to provide it? As far as refurb vs new units, it's generally handled on a case by case basis. Refurbished units are made from new parts and would have been tested to function properly.

Thanks for the reply, I hadn't seen it until now.
It was mentioned in the paper documentation I sent out with the drone and that was returned to me...
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ukaleq Posted at 2017-6-6 15:59
Thanks for the reply, I hadn't seen it until now.
It was mentioned in the paper documentation I sent out with the drone and that was returned to me...

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying.
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules