Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ever had a fast heart rate moment while flying your Mavic?
2227 17 2017-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mcflying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

A few hours ago i was flying my Mavic in sport mode.
High and away,...when all of a sudden i got an error message on my remote.
"Battery Error" - "Over Current Discharge" My heart rate went up and i immediately brought the Mavic down to the ground.
At home i changed my pants and went for a search online,..........
What did cause this error message?
Well seems when in Sport mode and full up and forward it simply draws more current than the battery can provide.

So, in the end nothing to worry about.

I wonder did you ever had a fast heart/pants change moment while flying your Mavic?

2017-6-2
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Haha that would make me $#it too that and knowing you are about to loose a $1000 worth of toy
2017-6-2
Use props
Mcflying
Second Officer
Netherlands

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-6-2 12:18
Haha that would make me $#it too that and knowing you are about to loose a $1000 worth of toy

Well it seems strange, but i never thought of the $1000.
I thought of the cars and cows which could get a drone on their head {:4_177:}
2017-6-2
Use props
mcg Photo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4091 ft
United States

I was flying over the ocean a couple of weeks ago when suddenly the DJI app told me it was going to land in 20 seconds because my NFZ certificate was expired.  I managed to get it over land in time.

I had pulled certificates for several consecutive 3 day periods, but it apparently got confused when 2 were active at the same time because the last day of one and first of the other were the same by accident.  I had been flying for 10 minutes when it happened.  Completely freaked me out.
2017-6-2
Use props
Mcflying
Second Officer
Netherlands

mcg Photo Posted at 2017-6-2 12:47
I was flying over the ocean a couple of weeks ago when suddenly the DJI app told me it was going to land in 20 seconds because my NFZ certificate was expired.  I managed to get it over land in time.

I had pulled certificates for several consecutive 3 day periods, but it apparently got confused when 2 were active at the same time because the last day of one and first of the other were the same by accident.  I had been flying for 10 minutes when it happened.  Completely freaked me out.

Thanks for your changing pants confession
2017-6-2
Use props
eyecapture
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

I was circling a water tower and a cell tower suddenly passed in front of me. I had just missed flying sideways into it.
Although I had prop guards so it might have survived the collision.
2017-6-2
Use props
Mcflying
Second Officer
Netherlands

eyecapture Posted at 2017-6-2 14:28
I was circling a water tower and a cell tower suddenly passed in front of me. I had just missed flying sideways into it.
Although I had prop guards so it might have survived the collision.

So you were just looking at your screen and had no eyes on the drone?
2017-6-3
Use props
boostedford
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

anytime i fly it i get paranoid cause i read all the horror stories on here so i'm afraid one day it'll drop out of the sky or have a fly away (which already happened to me twice with 2 phantoms)
2017-6-3
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-6-2 12:35
Well it seems strange, but i never thought of the $1000.
I thought of the cars and cows which could get a drone on their head

I don't think about people and cows since I only fly over open land and it is  illegal to fly over people.  
2017-6-3
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

"a cell tower suddenly passed in front of me"

I hate it when things like that don't stay put . You have to watch out for trees jumping out in front of you also .
2017-6-4
Use props
Mcflying
Second Officer
Netherlands

Well i can add another change my pants moment.
Yesterday while flying the Mavic another Mavic appeared in the sky.
FIrst thought was "oh,.. how nice, another dronist with a good taste".

While keeping a VLOS on my drone i scanned the neighbourhood to see where the other person was standing.
Only nobody to been seen and he/she was flying the Mavic in very uncontrolled way.
It went from left to right up and down and getting awefully close to my Mavic.
So long story short, i didn't felt comfortable with that other Mavic in the air brought it down and went away.
While driving another 2 km to another location i passed 2 youngster.
Yep,....they were flying the other Mavic and had no VLOS on their Mavic.
They were just looking at the screen.

So i say to DJI increase the price with another $2000.
That way kids will never play with these "toys".
2017-6-4
Use props
Xman1
Second Officer

United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-6-4 05:24
Well i can add another change my pants moment.
Yesterday while flying the Mavic another Mavic appeared in the sky.
FIrst thought was "oh,.. how nice, another dronist with a good taste".

I hope you said something.

As to answer your question above....  I think everyone has had a bit of anxiety around this thing.  It goes with the territory.

Your battery discharge warning is easy to get at full forward and full climb in sport mode.  Just a warning to back off is all.
2017-6-4
Use props
Dronaldo
First Officer
Flight distance : 606601 ft
United States

1. Lost of sight line because of sun,

2. Aircraft disconnected alarm

3. Signal lost alarm

4. Frozen black & white image, RTH button pressed §times

5. 30 eternal secs + defibrillator search on Craigslist

6, signal recovered and drone back

2017-6-4
Use props
Mcflying
Second Officer
Netherlands

Dronaldo Posted at 2017-6-4 09:15
1. Lost of sight line because of sun,

2. Aircraft disconnected alarm

hahaha Dronaldo you are an expert.
Any tips of getting the stains out
2017-6-4
Use props
TheEMan199
New
United States

https://youtu.be/c3ghMjpJDRc
I was nervous this whole time about clipping a limb and crashing into the water or a rock.
2017-6-4
Use props
MavicMule
First Officer
Flight distance : 6329 ft
United States

Knock on wood, I have not encountered a WilcoTango Foxtrot moment w/the Mav.  A couple quads ago, I was about 150-200ft in air, doing sorties by a tree, when a black object came out of no where, hit front right corner, and the downward spiral began.  The 350qx slammed into ground, breaking all four props, one arm sheared off, and lipo was damaged.  Battery puffed.  My neighbor, who isa Public Defender, was close by, with her dog, and luckily it didn't hit anyone or their vehicles, but she screeched when it impacted ground. When I repaired it, all for arms were broken, gps was lodged in nose, and one speed controller was damaged.  Battery was left outside in a safe, fully discharged & recycled.  Pants were also recycled.
2017-6-4
Use props
Mcflying
Second Officer
Netherlands

TheEMan199 Posted at 2017-6-4 14:52
https://youtu.be/c3ghMjpJDRc
I was nervous this whole time about clipping a limb and crashing into the water or a rock.

Got to hand it to you,....you definitely have Balls of Steel.
I would not dare to fly near that waterfall with trees, bushes, brenches, water, every where!!!!
By the way, nice clip.
Small tip, next time try to go slow and easy.
2017-6-5
Use props
Mcflying
Second Officer
Netherlands

MavicMule Posted at 2017-6-4 19:01
Knock on wood, I have not encountered a WilcoTango Foxtrot moment w/the Mav.  A couple quads ago, I was about 150-200ft in air, doing sorties by a tree, when a black object came out of no where, hit front right corner, and the downward spiral began.  The 350qx slammed into ground, breaking all four props, one arm sheared off, and lipo was damaged.  Battery puffed.  My neighbor, who isa Public Defender, was close by, with her dog, and luckily it didn't hit anyone or their vehicles, but she screeched when it impacted ground. When I repaired it, all for arms were broken, gps was lodged in nose, and one speed controller was damaged.  Battery was left outside in a safe, fully discharged & recycled.  Pants were also recycled.

A black object!!!!
So was this the first UFO sighting by a Mavic?
2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules