Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Big Cruise Ship
12Next >
2412 44 2017-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P4 Roy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5435299 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Something different from me, thought I'd film a big cruise ship leaving port, it was quite tricky filming a moving target at 20kts.

2017-6-2
Use props
MaximumXposure
lvl.1
Flight distance : 321014 ft
United Kingdom

Nice video Roy
2017-6-2
Use props
P4 Roy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Max.
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

That must have been pretty far out, the tracking shots were really nice.
2017-6-2
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Let's all clap and applaud yet another illegal flight. Well done.
2017-6-2
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-6-2 17:57
Let's all clap and applaud yet another illegal flight. Well done.

He wasn't anywhere near being able to hurt someone, the laws in most countries are overly conservative
2017-6-2
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

AndyP. Posted at 2017-6-2 18:06
He wasn't anywhere near being able to hurt someone, the laws in most countries are overly conservative

The flight was way beyond VLOS and there are where if there was a failure it could have fallen on people on board the ship.

If I think the speed limits are conservative should I just break them? I mean 50kph in a built up zone and 40kph outside schools, I should just do 80kph to 90kph as I can do that safely. Who cares about the rules?
2017-6-2
Use props
P4 Roy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nobody got hurt Cabansail, please try not to get too upset about something that never happened, relax and enjoy the video, just like the people taking pics on the ship did.

Thanks for the comments folks.
2017-6-2
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

P4 Roy Posted at 2017-6-2 21:00
Nobody got hurt Cabansail, please try not to get too upset about something that never happened, relax and enjoy the video, just like the people taking pics on the ship did.

Thanks for the comments folks.

"Nobody got hurt "

I realise that, but that is hardly the point. There was potential for injury and you chose to take that risk and not those who were at risk.  Just because you got away with it this time does not make it any safer.

The video is nice. I agree, but breaks the law and then is on public display. Just like your other one where you fly well over the legal altitude across the golf course. This will come back to bite us all when the inevitable accident happens.

Are you aware of the laws you are supposed to obey when flying in the UK? I ask to see if it's done with ignorance or arrogance?
2017-6-2
Use props
P4 Roy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-2 14:42
That must have been pretty far out, the tracking shots were really nice.

Thanks Jamie, yes it was surprising how quickly the ship was moving, it was a tricky shoot, I look forward to the next big ship visiting.
2017-6-2
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

AndyP. Posted at 2017-6-2 21:40
should a car that be able to go 80 mph safely be forced to go walking pace if it hurts no one?

If the law is that it adheres to a speed limit it should, yes.

If a car can do 200mph should it do so on public roads?
2017-6-2
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-6-2 20:12
The flight was way beyond VLOS and there are where if there was a failure it could have fallen on people on board the ship.

If I think the speed limits are conservative should I just break them? I mean 50kph in a built up zone and 40kph outside schools, I should just do 80kph to 90kph as I can do that safely. Who cares about the rules?

should a car that be able to go 80 mph safely be forced to go walking pace if it hurts no one?
2017-6-2
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-6-2 21:40

You have not answered if you are aware of the laws or not?

As I live in the states and yes I am aware of the laws, our govenor the FAA is vary lax, you be carefull and they will pretty much let you do what ever you want. and as such since I live in the states we have freedom to a redress of grievances, which means if there is a law we don't like we can vote to change it.

And since I am aware of the laws, such as the rule that you cant fly a drone within 5 miles of any type of airport or helipad is ridiculous. Because if a aircraft was to be flying anywhere below 400ft outside of 2 miles it would be causing panic in the neighborhoods or places such as cities, not to mention it would be breaking all kinds of FAA regulations.
I think it should be no flying within 2 miles of an airport or helipad.
2017-6-2
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

AndyP. Posted at 2017-6-2 21:47
As I live in the states and yes I am aware of the laws, our govenor the FAA is vary lax, you be carefull and they will pretty much let you do what ever you want. and as such since I live in the states we have freedom to a redress of grievances, which means if there is a law we don't like we can vote to change it.

And since I am aware of the laws, such as the rule that you cant fly a drone within 5 miles of any type of airport or helipad is ridiculous. Because if a aircraft was to be flying anywhere below 400ft outside of 2 miles it would be causing panic in the neighborhoods or places such as cities, not to mention it would be breaking all kinds of FAA regulations.

Well then you should present your case and vote accordingly. If they law is changed then fly according to the new law. What you shouldn't do is just ignore it because you do not agree with it.

We have a similar law here which was changed to allow operations within the 3nm limit with certain conditions. It is safe and that is how I operate.
2017-6-2
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

I don't care if it's legal or not, it's a great video. I bet the ship owners love these drone videos, lots of free advertising for them.

Stunning shots along side, for once I could have watched more. Really nice. Big green one from me
2017-6-3
Use props
P4 Roy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-6-3 14:02
I don't care if it's legal or not, it's a great video. I bet the ship owners love these drone videos, lots of free advertising for them.

Stunning shots along side, for once I could have watched more. Really nice. Big green one from me

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it, hopefully wont be so windy next time.
2017-6-3
Use props
Jpaydirt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2969 ft
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-6-2 21:13
"Nobody got hurt "

I realise that, but that is hardly the point. There was potential for injury and you chose to take that risk and not those who were at risk.  Just because you got away with it this time does not make it any safer.

He was a hall monitor in school , A famous philosopher once said " Why don't you mind your own business? cause if you mind your own business, you won't be minding mine"  I believe they made a catchy little tune out of it,   
2017-6-3
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Jpaydirt Posted at 2017-6-3 14:37
He was a hall monitor in school , A famous philosopher once said " Why don't you mind your own business? cause if you mind your own business, you won't be minding mine"  I believe they made a catchy little tune out of it,

I am minding my own business. It's these sort of illegal flights which risk taking us all out of the air. That is me concern. It is often the irresponsible minority which ruins things for the majority.
2017-6-3
Use props
Dav 0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277585 ft

Clap clap. Well done.  Fab video
2017-6-3
Use props
P4 Roy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dav 0 Posted at 2017-6-3 15:38
Clap clap. Well done.  Fab video

Thanks Dav 0, appreciate it.
2017-6-3
Use props
P4 Roy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jpaydirt Posted at 2017-6-3 14:37

Yes a country song if i'm not mistaken.
2017-6-3
Use props
Jpaydirt
lvl.2
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-6-3 15:21
I am minding my own business. It's these sort of illegal flights which risk taking us all out of the air. That is me concern. It is often the irresponsible minority which ruins things for the majority.

http://www.popsci.com/airplanes-hit-more-turtles-than-drones
2017-6-3
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Jpaydirt Posted at 2017-6-3 16:11
http://www.popsci.com/airplanes-hit-more-turtles-than-drones

Your point?

The link goes somewhere irrelevant.

Think you are making the point that there have been no documented accidents between UAV's and manned aircraft. That is but one risk factor, and probably one of the least concern in reality. Something like a Phantom going through a jet engine would probably not cause a lot of damage to the aircraft and even if it did they can lose an engine and still fly. However the flying public do not see it that way. They perceive that one interaction will bring down a commercial jet and all on board will be killed. It's the perception which matters in these cases. There are other risks which are more probable than that. However we have all been given the priveledge to fly these devices. In most countries (and it varies) there are some rules in place that limit these operations. These rules can be varied if the public at large feel there is a threat, sometimes without hard evidence. Politicians will often act to head off perceived, rather than actual, threats. If the media keep showing that our UAV's are being used in ways which are in breach of the laws and there is a fear of public safety then the manner in which we are allowed to operate can be taken away. It has already happened in places like Canada and Sweden where for various reasons draconian laws have been enacted. The sort of operations in the OP here, as nice as it looks, is part of that problem.
2017-6-3
Use props
imagine it
lvl.3
United States

Enjoyed, nice shots.
2017-6-3
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

I don't believe it was done with a P4!
2017-6-3
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

Cabansail Posted at 2017-6-2 21:40

If a car can do 200mph should it do so on public roads?

Everyone breaks the law every day! 60 in a 50 zone is breaking the law! Parking in a clearway at certain times is breaking the law so who gives a damn!
2017-6-3
Use props
P4 Roy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Porkhunt Posted at 2017-6-3 18:52
I don't believe it was done with a P4!

rsz_1img_4561.jpg
It sure was.

2017-6-3
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Porkhunt Posted at 2017-6-3 18:57
Everyone breaks the law every day! 60 in a 50 zone is breaking the law! Parking in a clearway at certain times is breaking the law so who gives a damn!

If that is your attitude you wont mind me coming into your house and stealing your valuables? After all it's just breaking the law. No harm done.
2017-6-4
Use props
P4 Roy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you, glad you enjoyed this fun video.
2017-6-4
Use props
Dav 0
lvl.2

I sometimes film small sailing dinghies so I know how difficult it is keeping up with a moving target, especially when you have to control the flight and the shot.
2017-6-4
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice job. It looks so top heavy.
2017-6-4
Use props
Jpaydirt
lvl.2
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-6-3 17:05
Your point?

The link goes somewhere irrelevant.

It goes somewhere irrelevant?  It went to you
2017-6-4
Use props
Dav 0
lvl.2

I'm going to create a forum devoted to people quoting regs
2017-6-4
Use props
Woffski
lvl.2
United States

Very nice!!!
2017-6-5
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Nice video.
Might want to switch to manual exposure so the scene does not go dark every time the Sun is in the shot (unless your subject is the Sun).
2017-6-5
Use props
P4 Roy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-6-5 15:02
Nice video.
Might want to switch to manual exposure so the scene does not go dark every time the Sun is in the shot (unless your subject is the Sun).

Agreed, It's time I got to grips with the manual settings, I've only ever used auto.
2017-6-6
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217520 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-6-6 14:34
So your complaint is he flew beyond VLOS & too high over a golf course?

https://youtu.be/fnhjyfNOynA

Oooooh NO! Your going to give Mr. Cabansail a stroke & me a few extra hours of sleep, it took you forever to catch that ship. where you attempting to obey the speed limit while putting on a chase?....    zzzZZZ

Nice Videos.
Thank for sharing
2017-6-6
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-6-6 15:24
It was a mile & a half out doing 20+.  Took a bit to catch up!

No excuses! Next time would you please use a faster Drone.
Is that a police officer at your back and is he writing a ticket or awaiting his turn?

I met a really cool flight club today in the heart of NYC.
2017-6-6
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Michael Kaine Posted at 2017-6-6 15:49
No excuses! Next time would you please use a faster Drone.
Is that a police officer at your back and is he writing a ticket or awaiting his turn?

No worries we are all Certified, and we have Proper permits from the parks department

image1.JPG
2017-6-6
Use props
Akaemit02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5894029 ft
United States

Nice video . I just filmed a cruise ship yesterday morning entering Miami but my video did not look as good as yours.. The weather conditions were not the best..
2017-6-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules