Warrenty Repair send me the wrong drone!
2944 24 2017-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans62261e2c
lvl.1
United States

I have a very gently used Phantom 3 whose motor failed after 4 months.  I sent it back to DJI and they diagnosed the problem as a failed motor and control board.  They went through the lengthy process of repairing it, testing and then FINALLY sending it back.  Or so I thought.  When I opened the box (my original box, I might add), I found someone else's drone inside.  

All indications from the emails over the last six weeks were they were repairing my unit.  Somehow, it got switched at shipping.

I called customer service and after multiple attempts of them saying "we can send you a refurbished unit", he came back with "we did send you your unit back".  I tried to explain that it wasn't my unit.  He asked me for pictures of the serial numbers, which I sent off.

Can anyone at DJI please help me find me very gently used drone?  Case:  CAS-595520-R2K2K2

Thanks in advance...

2017-6-2
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

God dude that sucks, hopefully you get your UAS back
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sincerely sorry for the trouble you have been caused, just checked your case , we did sent your drone back, while I've informed the appropriate team to look into this case soon, someone will contact you for the details. hope we can get it sorted out shortly. Appreciate your patience.
2017-6-2
Use props
fans62261e2c
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Thor  - Yes, I got "a" drone back, but it wasn't the one I sent in!  I can post pictures here of the SN of the unit which arrived which is not the same as the SN's of my unit I sent in (I have your email confirmation of my SN's after you checked it to the repair center, too).  I hope someone at DJI will believe me when I tell you that you didn't send my unit back, even though your systems indicate you did.  Very frustrating and disappointing that my very gently used drone is now lost.  To boot, I have lost 8 weeks of the limited 26 week warranty...
2017-6-3
Use props
fans62261e2c
lvl.1
United States

Attached are is the repair received message, the repair "invoice", the return shipping message, and the SN's of the unit they sent.  DJI doesn't believe me that they screwed up and I should have my drone.

Repair Invoice.JPG
Repair Received.JPG
Repair Shipping SNs.JPG
SNs.JPG
2017-6-5
Use props
fans62261e2c
lvl.1
United States

So I got a call from an unknown number - "Lakewood NJ (17329940309)".  Who would have guessed that was DJI!  Caller ID anyone?   I didn't answer it.

The message and follow-up said: "I have researched your case, check in and check out serial numbers match".   How many times do I have to explain that your data is in error.  See the attached "checkin" and serial numbers you sent me.

I tired to call "Oscar" back on the NJ number, but it was the same support queue and I was 26 in line.  I will pass.

Drone is now on its way back to DJI (CAS-686067-C8P6K9) killing more time off of the warranty clock.

Such a horrible experience....
2017-6-5
Use props
Snowhack700
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17428 ft
United States

This is DJI SOP. They send whatever​ they want back to you. They do reasign the SAN to your account for DJI care refresh purposes. The reason they say they sent back the same drone is because according to their records that SN is yours. They probably just checked your account and compare the SN to what you say you received and they match.
2017-6-5
Use props
Snowhack700
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17428 ft
United States

Snowhack700 Posted at 2017-6-5 17:17
This is DJI SOP. They send whatever​ they want back to you. They do reasign the SAN to your account for DJI care refresh purposes. The reason they say they sent back the same drone is because according to their records that SN is yours. They probably just checked your account and compare the SN to what you say you received and they match.

SN not SAN
2017-6-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fans62261e2c Posted at 2017-6-5 15:47
So I got a call from an unknown number - "Lakewood NJ (17329940309)".  Who would have guessed that was DJI!  Caller ID anyone?   I didn't answer it.

The message and follow-up said: "I have researched your case, check in and check out serial numbers match".   How many times do I have to explain that your data is in error.  See the attached "checkin" and serial numbers you sent me.

Sorry , since you didn't click on "Reply", I was unable to get notices of your replies, so I didn't read them until now. Apologize for your unpleasant experience, if I were in your position, I would feel just as you do. As I mentioned before, I've informed the appropriate team to look into it. I'll ask them to contact you again, since you didn't answer the call. Appreciate your patience.
2017-6-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

We replied your thread and are working on it now, please do not spam on Forum, or you will be banned, thanks for your understanding and support!
2017-6-5
Use props
fans62261e2c
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-6-5 22:10
We replied your thread and are working on it now, please do not spam on Forum, or you will be banned, thanks for your understanding and support!

Drone was received back to you location yesterday morning (UPS Tracking Delivery) - when can I expect an update?  I don't see anything in your repair tracking system.
2017-6-8
Use props
fans62261e2c
lvl.1
United States

Ah.... vindication that DJI did NOT send back the drone I sent in...  Now hopefully mine can be found and returned to me.
Capture.JPG
2017-6-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans62261e2c Posted at 2017-6-8 08:28
Ah.... vindication that DJI did NOT send back the drone I sent in...  Now hopefully mine can be found and returned to me.

This drone has been received, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been caused, we’re aware of your case and working on it now, please sit tight while we’re reviewing it, we will keep you updated.
2017-6-9
Use props
fans62261e2c
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-9 00:36
This drone has been received, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been caused, we’re aware of your case and working on it now, please sit tight while we’re reviewing it, we will keep you updated.

Another week went by (I sent the other person's drone back).  A box arrived today from DJI - can you imagine.... yet again, a different Drone.  This was after I was assured they found mine and were sending it back to me.  I am seriously at a loss at how to deal with DJI's horrible customer service.

DSC03161.jpg
2017-6-15
Use props
fans62261e2c
lvl.1
United States

Other pictures of the drone I received
DSC03164.jpg
DSC03167.jpg
2017-6-15
Use props
fans62261e2c
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-6-5 22:10

Please help me find my drone....
2017-6-15
Use props
fans62261e2c
lvl.1
United States

Another hour on hold with DJI - expected response: Send it back and we will try and locate yours.  Pathetic.   
2017-6-15
Use props
fans62261e2c
lvl.1
United States

3rd case number in the saga:  CAS-716409-Q3L3G1
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans62261e2c Posted at 2017-6-15 15:09
3rd case number in the saga:  CAS-716409-Q3L3G1

That must have been frustrating for you, I'm truly sorry for the unpleasant experience again.
Your situation and concern has been escalated to our management department to pay attention. We will have someone to contact you for details as soon as possible. I apologize again for all the trouble.
2017-6-15
Use props
PilotSmith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706539 ft
  • >>>

What was the outcome
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

I believe the drone should have been replaced, is there anything we can help you, Smith?
2018-4-16
Use props
PilotSmith
lvl.4
  • >>>

no just wanted to see how it turned out
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

PilotSmith Posted at 2018-4-17 19:02
no just wanted to see how it turned out

That's all right! Feel free to contact us if you encounter any difficulties.
2018-4-18
Use props
PilotSmith
lvl.4
  • >>>

yea.a..  I still did not get the parts for my new Inspire 2!
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PilotSmith Posted at 2018-4-24 11:51
yea.a..  I still did not get the parts for my new Inspire 2!

Which parts? Did you order something for Inspire 2? If yes, where did you order it? More details would be appreciated.
2018-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules