X5S Horizon Tilt
1574 5 2017-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bwinckler85
New
United States

I've had my inspire 2 for almost two weeks now and love it. I've shot plenty of video with no issues until just a couple of days ago, I started getting horizon tilt from changing nothing. I've done the cold IMU calibration, compass calibration, and auto gimbal calibration multiple times, with no fix. I can manually adjust the roll, but the second I take off or yaw left or right, it tilts again. See photo for reference, any ideas? Thanks in advance!

IMG_2675.PNG
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, what gimbal mode are you in? Are you using the 15mm DJI lens or a 3rd party one? Are you certain you haven't done any firmware updates or have had a hard landing recently?
2017-6-2
Use props
bwinckler85
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-2 19:19
Just to clarify, what gimbal mode are you in? Are you using the 15mm DJI lens or a 3rd party one? Are you certain you haven't done any firmware updates or have had a hard landing recently?

Hi Jamie! Follow mode, factory DJI 15mm, I did the last DJI GO 4 app update released on 5/27, I flew 5/28 with no issues, no hard or abrupt landings. I calibrated the controller tonight hoping that would resolve the issue bit it didn't.
2017-6-2
Use props
isto
lvl.1
Finland

Yesterday i was notice same problem for my inspire 2!
2017-6-3
Use props
bwinckler85
New
United States

Update, DJI support got back to me, they asked me to re-install the latest firmware (V01.00.0330) and calibrate gimbal, no fix. Reaching for limbs I installed the previous version from March (V01.00.0240), and the tilt was still there but much less harsh. Re-installed the latest firmware, and it went back to extreme yaw tilt, it even tilt slowly during straight forward flight. They also asked me to auto calibrate the gimbal in flight 3 feet AGL, but the Inspire won't let me perform the auto calibrate while in flight or if the motors are running. Sent them the updated notes and downgraded back to the March firmware until I hear from them. I know I sound like a broken record, but I'm very disappointed I spent $5,000+ for a pro model drone, and I can't even use it for commercial purposes after owning it a week...
2017-6-3
Use props
jbarber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 852799 ft
  • >>>
United States

Been having the same issue... it was on the x5r as well just not as bad. Its definitely when my cam op yaws the camera, it rolls bad. I understand this is somewhat inherent in gimbals, but i did not have this issue with the x3 or z15-gh4. The aircraft flies great and camera is awesome, real disappointed in this tho. Hoping they have a fix soon.
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules