605 1 2017-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy LIS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks.  I've got a work trip over to Poland next week, and I'm toying with the idea of putting my Mavic in my bag to see if I get chance to get some pictures/footage whilst I'm over there.  I was just wondering if anyone has flown a drone over there before, and if there are any regulations to be aware of?
Cheers
Andy
2017-6-3
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Hi Andy,

There are a number of new regulations in place however flight as such is legal and can be done. The regulations states as follows:

- proper technical checks before flight a/p manufacturer's requirements (blah blah blah) and always safe and always give way to other craft (blah blah blah) - general bollocks (including don't invade privacy etc),

- 100m away from buildings and 30m away from people and groups of people outside of the operator's control - however this won't be much of a problem if you behave nicely - if you want to fly around an old church do go in and ask - if you do they'll be ok in most cases (priests usually speak English, old ladies running the parish usually not - so try to find a priest ;-),

- max height above the ground level - 150 meters,

- distance from airport varies - officially 6 km but you can fly up to 30m outside of 1,5km - so just be careful there.

That's the short version of it. Oh - and this applies to non-commercial flights (that is recreation). If you'd like to do a commercial flight you need to have: license, health certificate and insurance. Total cost around 1500 euro for everything.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jakub
2017-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules