Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Which tablet is best?
3832 22 2015-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smcbrearty
lvl.4

Canada

I have been looking through the forum and I can't seem to figure out what tablet is best for the inspire?  I see in some posts that ipad2 mini is better the an iPad 3, some if the samsung tablets are freezing.  I wanted to here from the forum which tablet works best with the inspire
2015-3-11
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am really happy with the Nvidia Shield. Love the built in screen recorder feature. Lets me record the screen during all my flights.

2015-3-11
Use props
precisionair
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1594 ft
United States

I use iPad air 2 and it has been flawless, perfectly fits into holder as well, which i have yet to see anyone comment on.  If you're like me you are doing a ton of research before purchase and knowing the actual size in terms we can all understand really helps.  Dji says anything below 170mm... I say anything iPad air 2 or smaller.  The air 2 pushes the tablet holder to the extent.  Happy flying!

Brad
2015-3-11
Use props
pete1144
lvl.4

United States

I have used them all. iPad Air 2 has the best, brightest screen...and reliable operation. The Nvidia Shield is also very good....but battery life isn't anywhere near the iPad Air 2.
2015-3-11
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

I have the iPad mini 2 and think that the real estate is fine and the weight is perfect. It would be nice to have a bigger screen but then the balance and weight is not the best.
2015-3-11
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.4

Canada

I use two nvidia Shields and I am very pleased with the quality of both of them...However, I do agree about battery life. These tablets draw the power...
2015-3-12
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.4

Canada

Than you all so much for the quick response.  I take it that the NVidia shields are cheaper then Ipads?  are they also touch screens?
2015-3-12
Use props
drewvallejo
lvl.4
United States

I am using two Nexus 7's. I just went ahead and built sunshields for them both that break down for travel.  Haven't had any real lag with them.
sushade.jpg
2015-3-12
Use props
jhogge
lvl.3

United States

iPad air 2 has been perfect for me
2015-3-12
Use props
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

iPad air 2 has been perfect for me especially the built in anti-glare. The nvidia works, but you can't see much of anything  in the bright sun.

I don't see the price difference as that much of an issue, the memory is what you are paying for and you can buy the low memory air 2, you can even get a refurbished one cheaper.

The nvidia will not have the resale value, or the repair availability longer term.

The life cycle cost of the air 2 is much better.
If they had an ipad mini with the anti glare, and A8 processor, it would be even better.

Does anyone use the iphone 6 plus?
2015-3-13
Use props
guymartin69
New

United States

For a really inexpensive Android solution, the ASUS MeMO Pad 7 works great!!  Remember, the recommended Nexus is made my ASUS.

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-ME176 ... ;tag=donations09-20
2015-3-15
Use props
Acidsnow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

Galaxy note 4 is perfect. Can even play the 4k files afterwards.
2015-3-15
Use props
arunmehta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Ipad 2 air hands down wins the screen is very bright (i use max brightness on retina)  i dont need the hood..and A8 processor is fast no video lag... i have tried

Nvidia Shield
Iphone 6 plus
nexus
note3
monitor hooked to hdmi

2015-3-15
Use props
lon.garwood

South Korea

Acidsnow Posted at 2015-3-16 09:45
Galaxy note 4 is perfect. Can even play the 4k files afterwards.

I cannot get my Galaxy note 4 (edge) to connect to the inspire. Wish I could resolve this issue.  
2015-3-15
Use props
Acidsnow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

Make sure USB debugging is on under developer options
2015-3-15
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.4

Thanks once again to everyone who has responded, I finally get to pick up my bird on Monday next week and I am looking forward to contributing actually hands info to aid others instead of opinions.
2015-3-20
Use props
Bob Marley
Second Officer

United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-3-16 09:49
Ipad 2 air hands down wins the screen is very bright (i use max brightness on retina)  i dont need t ...

They are $600 dollars EACH !!!
How come no one mentions that?
NVidia Shield is $300 dollars - HALF as much

Is the Air 2 twice as good as the Shield cause it's twice as much, (a real budget blower for most of us regular folk needing 2).

I have not seen it posted that two Air2 is $1200, and two Shields are only $600, half as much.

I'm getting ready to buy 2 tablets. is the Air2 really twice as good as the Shield?
(Air2 = no google maps .....Air2 = no screen recording .......  Air2 = Reboots inflight (yikes, nice feature)

So why is the Air2 so much more ??????
2015-3-21
Use props
sultangris01
Second Officer

United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-3-22 10:32
They are $600 dollars EACH !!!
How come no one mentions that?
NVidia Shield is $300 dollars - HALF ...

cause is says apple on it.  anything apple is usually overpriced and under functional.
2015-3-23
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17141325 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

I bought a GALAXY TAB 4 for $166 and it is working great! I only bought one because I wanted to make sure it worked... Im getting a second one (as soon as my i1 is up and running again).
2015-3-24
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

No Apple IPad 2 mini is not overpriced at all. You get what you pay for and with Apple it is stability, ease of use and most of all good feature set. Compared to the nexus the iPad 2'is not much more expensive but way cheaper the Air 2. The air 2 is great but imbalances the tx and really, do you need a big screen tv to fly and do functions? I spend most of my time watching the copter anyway. I am seriously thinking of using my iPhone 6 plus for flying and the iPad for the camera person.
2015-3-24
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.4

Canada

For me the back breaker is the battery life, from the research I have done the iPad mini2 last almost twice as long the nvidia.  If the battery was better I would go for the shield
2015-3-26
Use props
stephenbrink62
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380522 ft
South Africa

FlyingSquirrel Posted at 2015-3-25 07:01
I bought a GALAXY TAB 4 for $166 and it is working great! I only bought one because I wanted to make ...

Does the Flight simulator app work with the Galaxy Tab 4?  
2015-3-30
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17141325 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

stephenbrink62@ Posted at 2015-3-30 20:36
Does the Flight simulator app work with the Galaxy Tab 4?

No the sim does not work with the TAB 4 - I am happy to say that for 150$ I do have a very-little-lag tablet to work with.
2015-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules