Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compass calibration with aluminum??
699 4 2017-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello all, and I need your help.  I read here (   http://forum.dji.com/thread-18056-1-1.html    ) that aluminum is not magnetic and should NOT affect or interfer with  the take off and landing as well as doing a compass calibration with  aluminum near by as long as there are NO ferrous materials (locks,  screws, hinges, etc.) on or in the aluminum.

Can anyone please confirm if this is or is not an issue.  I will be soon  taking off/landing and doing a compass and IMU calibration with  aluminum near by and did not want any problems.  Thanks in advance.

2017-6-3
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

First question: who are you and how did you hack into ProQuad homepage ???
2017-6-3
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-6-3 18:29
First question: who are you and how did you hack into ProQuad homepage ???

LOL... I am ProQuad, I just posted this on the Mavic, P4P and Inspire 1 Pro and copied and pasted as I went.  Wanted to have this go out to more then just the Mavic or P4P or I1P communities.
2017-6-3
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

ProQuad Posted at 2017-6-3 19:01
LOL... I am ProQuad, I just posted this on the Mavic, P4P and Inspire 1 Pro and copied and pasted as I went.  Wanted to have this go out to more then just the Mavic or P4P or I1P communities.

Oh, my sincere apologies ... I didn't noticed multiple posting, I just simply assumed that Intern Pilot with such impressive mileage and fleet at disposal couldn't possibly get confused by magnetic properties of aluminum ... FYI only Iron, Cobalt and Nickel are capable to influence compass readings when in proximity. That's nerd talkin', my friend  ...
2017-6-4
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-6-4 16:08
Oh, my sincere apologies ... I didn't noticed multiple posting, I just simply assumed that Intern Pilot with such impressive mileage and fleet at disposal couldn't possibly get confused by magnetic properties of aluminum ... FYI only Iron, Cobalt and Nickel are capable to influence compass readings when in proximity. That's nerd talkin', my friend  ...

Tee-hee.  No worries.  I didn't think it was on aluminum but wanted to double check just in case I may have forgotten something.
2017-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules