Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Live video feed dead after firmware updates!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans12851d63
lvl.1
United States

Ok, a friend of mine sent me his inspire to try and figure this out. As of about a month ago it was used MAYBE 20 times total. He pulled it out of storage to find the two batteries he had apparently committed "storage suicide" this alone I find disturbing that properly environmentally controlled storage still resulted in 2 batteries puffing and now worthless (they worked perfectly good when stored).

So he ordered a couple more batteries for the Inspire and went to power up. App says update of firmware required. He went and updated the bird and controllers. May or may not have had the remote on, he does not remember. Honestly
This should be programmed to not matter. But all updated restarted, drone acts normal EXCEPT, NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL!!  

I can get exact model numbers firmware numbers tomorrow after work. But as of now what gives?!?.
I got it from fedex today and dove right in on attempting a few fixes I had read about. One involved reversing controller firmware back to 1.5 and the drone to 1.8 to correct the issue of the controller was on during the firmware updates.
Controller took a couple tries and then it took. When I tried to downgrade the firmware on the Inspire it just returned a error every time. I even tried downgrading just one version back. Same result error.  I'm pretty sure this Inspire is out of warranty just from the storage time alone.

Where I'm really stuck and would hope DJI stands behind their product and help me figure this out is there was NO ISSUES AT ALL, UNTIL the firmware updates!!!  

I'll attach a screen shot to this. As of now camera / gimbal act like they should move around and everything. But no image transmission signal comes up. Tried on a iPhone 5s, iPad  mini 2, same exact issue still happens. I tried even re updating all firmware to see it backing the controller to 1.5 and back to cuterent.

He has sent it to me, as I am about 30ish miles from the Carson dji service shop.

I'll take any and all suggestions, I am at a loss now that this happened AFTER A FIRMWARE UPDATE!!!
(Which it said was required)

I also have read around and there is a TON of other people who have reported the almost exact same thing.

DJI are you listening?
IMG_3820.JPG
2017-6-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused, the latest firmware of the aircraft is V1.10.01.04 and won't be able to downgrade to the version 1.8 but V1.9.1.3.
If it failed, may I have the log of the firmware? which is recorded in SD card. Please upload the log file , we will look into it for you.
2017-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules