Suggestions for Home Construction Timelapse Recording?
764 3 2017-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SupaMonkey
lvl.1
South Africa

Hi Guys,
I want to record my the construction of my brothers house over the coming year (it still needs to break ground).
Ultimately, I'd like a POI style recording where the drone is flying in a circular pattern around the house. I could then just speed up / combine the various clips from each visit over the months and make one final timelapsed clip.

My concerns:
1) I obviously need to do one full rotation (or less) per recording since when its all sped up, what was a 5 minute single rotation/circle recording will end up being just a few second so will look crazy fast. So maybe I should literally make the drone record one rotation in like 20 minutes per visit?

2) Have to keep in mind what isnt there now, ie: is clear, might not be clear in the future - so have to record at a sufficient height / distance each time.

I'm still learning so havent experimented with POI and WP flight modes. How does one record the POI take off position and POI itself so that I can just re-use it for every visit?
Sounds like a Waypoint mode thing, but WP mode doesnt do a circular focus on a POI like POI mode does?

Ideas how I would accomplish this task?

2017-6-4
Use props
Pa1nter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 417612 ft
Australia

Construction is hard but if I was you I would permanent mark a spot on the ground where you want to take off,pick a height you are happy with and use the Point of Interest at the same distances.
2017-6-4
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

I use Autopilot to do this.
2017-6-4
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

Litchi is an option. It offers rock steady flight in 3 dimensions that would be replicated exactly each time you fly the route. I'm currently using it to do what will be a timelapse of the seasons here in thé SW of France. So if you put the start and end point as the same, spinning it around 360 would be easy, building up the video over time. Your NLE  can then be used to speed ramp the video. I'd also suggest doing a few trial runs before work commence, over the site, so that got the mission programmed in a way that you're happy with, before work starts. Also think about programming stills in the exact same spot, which could be used to build into a static timelapse as well. You're up there anyway and it won't take any more time (and they're quicker to edit, so you get some more-or-less instant gratification, compared with editing the video).
2017-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules