DJI GO App constantly crashing with brand new Nvidia Shield tablet
1049 15 2017-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coby
lvl.1
United States

Brand new Mavic, brand new Nvidia Shield, newest firmware and Go app yet still constantly crashing!
Running Android 7.0 on shield
Shield tablet software 5.2
If only you guys would have mentioned that this product is only compatible with Apple,
I could have saved myself a bunch of Money!

Thank you DJI
2017-6-4
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Android 7.0 will crash DJI software. You should only use Marshmallow, which works perfectly.
2017-6-4
Use props
Ron in Utah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10902 ft
United States

Mir Posted at 2017-6-4 18:26
Android 7.0 will crash DJI software. You should only use Marshmallow, which works perfectly.

The problem with that, is that there is no easy way to downgrade your android device once the latest update is installed, and there is no warning on the Mavic box that tells you not to use Android 7.
2017-6-6
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
British Virgin Islands

If it makes you feel any better, I purchased a brand new iPad Mini 4 to use with my Mavic.  Worked fine for about 6 weeks, and is now crashing constantly - since the last update to DJI Go.  Absolute misery flying, and of course it is now beyond the return date.
2017-6-13
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

On the back of the box it just says "made for iPhone" so not sure what android support there is.....
2017-6-13
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

I keep looking for a Shield.  I do fly the Go 4 app on Android 7 (Sony) and I rarely get a crash now.  My crash rate is about 1 in 4 flights now, if that.

Some notes:

1.  Make sure you allow all permissions the app asks for.
2.  Make sure location is on.
3.  Make sure airplane mode is on.
4.  Close down all non-essential apps.
5.  Force close any non-needed persistent apps under the apps tab in settings.

Can you try these 5 things and fly again?  I am curious if I should still be searching for a Shield at a decent price or give up on it.  They are gouging anyone looking for one these days when it should cost $199.

Full disclosure:  I am flying version 4.0.6.  I seemed to have problems crashing on 4.0.7.  I have not tried 4.1.
2017-6-13
Use props
Safari
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

You could try to downgrade your shield to marshmallow (Android 6). Not an easy step but doablehttp://drivers.softpedia.com/get ... irmware-1-5-0.shtml
2017-6-13
Use props
GTstrudl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102615 ft
United States

So Coby, did you get this thing sorted out?
2017-6-13
Use props
Coby
lvl.1
Germany

Mir Posted at 2017-6-4 18:26

Thanks!
Wish they would have let me know that....
2017-6-14
Use props
Coby
lvl.1
Germany

W.T. Foxtrot Posted at 2017-6-13 08:25
If it makes you feel any better, I purchased a brand new iPad Mini 4 to use with my Mavic.  Worked fine for about 6 weeks, and is now crashing constantly - since the last update to DJI Go.  Absolute misery flying, and of course it is now beyond the return date.

Sorry to hear that hope they get it worked out for you.
2017-6-14
Use props
Coby
lvl.1
Germany

RCNJ Posted at 2017-6-13 08:30
On the back of the box it just says "made for iPhone" so not sure what android support there is.....

I don't do IPhone so hope they get it working for android.
2017-6-14
Use props
Coby
lvl.1
Germany

Xman1 Posted at 2017-6-13 08:45
I keep looking for a Shield.  I do fly the Go 4 app on Android 7 (Sony) and I rarely get a crash now.  My crash rate is about 1 in 4 flights now, if that.

Some notes:

I got mine from NewEgg for 199$.
Like the tablet I guess android 7 just screwed up a few things.
Looking at downgrading mine back to 6 just sort of nervous for now.
2017-6-14
Use props
Coby
lvl.1
Germany

GTstrudl Posted at 2017-6-13 18:13
So Coby, did you get this thing sorted out?

On vacation in Europe just flying with my Samsung phone for now works great!
Will look into downgrading to android 6 when I get back to the states or hope Nvidia fixes this android problem soon so I don't need to void my warranty and get these products working properly.
2017-6-14
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

While MIR said "Android 7.0 will crash DJI software. You should only use Marshmallow, which works perfectly." this is not entirely true.  I have a Galaxy S5 with Marshmallow and a Galaxy S7 with Android 7.  At this point, my S7 crashes less than the S5 which is basically unusable.  There are users that are running with no problem at all on Android 7.  At this point, without further advice from those that wrote this pile of "code" it's just a roll of the dice as to whether it will work on your device.  I would certainly not advise to go through the disruption of downgrading as I think you'll be disappointed.
2017-6-14
Use props
GTstrudl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102615 ft
United States

Coby Posted at 2017-6-14 01:37
On vacation in Europe just flying with my Samsung phone for now works great!
Will look into downgrading to android 6 when I get back to the states or hope Nvidia fixes this android problem soon so I don't need to void my warranty and get these products working properly.

I have K1 exactly same setup as yours. I used to have one GO4 crash per flight but not anymore. I think other than FW and software updates, if you set K1 power plan as MAX PERFORMANCE you should try change it to OPTIMIZED.
2017-6-14
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Coby Posted at 2017-6-14 01:37
I got mine from NewEgg for 199$.
Like the tablet I guess android 7 just screwed up a few things.
Looking at downgrading mine back to 6 just sort of nervous for now.

Uggh!  You had my hopes up and now they are crushed!  $479!!!!!!

https://www.newegg.com/Product/P ... 0AV-00005-_-Product

It was worth a look I guess.

2017-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules