New Mavic - Fly off and location problem
1777 12 2017-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thorbs
New
Flight distance : 11257 ft
United Kingdom

I purchased a Mavic Pro the other week.  After several short practice flights I  was trying some of the features.  Tested the the RTH feature from about  20 metres away.  Aircraft ascended to 30m and flew back to just above  me and the home point.  Had several GPS weak warnings and it switched  from GPS to ATTI mode.  All of a sudden the drone flew off.  Looking at  the map it travelled about 1km.  I chased after the the drone but lost  RC signal several times. After about 9 mins the drone switched back into  RTH mode and made its way back and landed.  When I reviewed the log  file when the aircraft was above me on its first RTH it possiton on the  map jumped immediately to the new location like it didn't know where it  was.  Does any one have any ideas? I was lucky to get it back this time  and worried about further flights without knowing what happened.
2017-6-4
Use props
Thorbs
New
United Kingdom

Shared log file http://app.airdata.com/main?share=EnUlZA
2017-6-4
Use props
octm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84695 ft
United States

Is your mavic made on march?
2017-6-4
Use props
Thorbs
New
United Kingdom

octm Posted at 2017-6-4 12:54
Is your mavic made on march?

Not sure of manufacture date. How can I check?
2017-6-4
Use props
gregory001
lvl.1
Flight distance : 417612 ft
Australia

No idea never had it happen to me? Di you turn your wifi off on your phone ,thats probably the biggest problem I had at the start and you were flying over houses so possible lots of wifi signals there to cause the interference ?
2017-6-4
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Your log keeps saying wifi reconnect....is that the RC just trying to connect?
2017-6-4
Use props
octm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84695 ft
United States

Thorbs Posted at 2017-6-4 13:11

You can check in here http://djiserialdecoder.x10host.com/
2017-6-4
Use props
gregory001
lvl.1
Flight distance : 417612 ft
Australia

Thorbs Posted at 2017-6-4 13:11

You put your serial number in this site,
http://djiserialdecoder.x10host.com/
2017-6-4
Use props
Thorbs
New
United Kingdom

Manufacture date was Tuesday, April, 25th 2017

Not sure why I was getting lots of Wifi reconnects as have only ever used RC not WIFI to control the drone...
2017-6-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It looks like you just lost gps signal and your Mavic was just drifting, you can't see much on that airdata file no stick movements , after that you were flying at low altitude in an unsuitable location.

If you loose gps first thing to do is raise your Aircraft more chance of gaining gps signal the higher up you go. Although it says on airdata you had 12/14 sats what you really need to look at is the flight in your app it will show you what gps looked like in the bar graph this is your true gps.
Also when you replay the flight look at warnings and stick movements and reaction of your aircraft to those movements.

Be careful where you are flying always check gps bar graph before you take off and keep an eye on as you fly.

Risk means 'sh*t happens' or 'good luck”
2017-6-4
Use props
Thorbs
New
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-4 13:40
It looks like you just lost gps signal and your Mavic was just drifting, you can't see much on that airdata file no stick movements , after that you were flying at low altitude in an unsuitable location.

If you loose gps first thing to do is raise your Aircraft more chance of gaining gps signal the higher up you go. Although it says on airdata you had 12/14 sats what you really need to look at is the flight in your app it will show you what gps looked like in the bar graph this is your true gps.

Thanks hallmark.  Any idea why the location jumped so quickly on the flight log?  
2017-6-4
Use props
Ron in Utah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10902 ft
United States

Scary, mine was made March 28th. Does anyone know when the issue was resolved?
2017-6-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thorbs Posted at 2017-6-4 13:49
Thanks hallmark.  Any idea why the location jumped so quickly on the flight log?

It's impossible to know without seeing what stick movements you made or if you pushed any buttons some of the guys droneflying has been doing some reading of dat file if you want to put up your dat file here's a link and he might be able to tell you a bit more.
Or try phantomhelp similar to airdata but gives a bit more information.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

https://datfile.net/DatCon/fieldsV3MP.html
2017-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules