NON-International Warranty for a Backpacker
2259 13 2017-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
C4L
New

Australia

Hello everyone,
I'm amazed by the Mavic Pro and I'm very close to buying one!
There's just one last thing that holds me back: the NON international warranty.. Seriously? in 2017??
I wrote to dji customer service and they did NOT reccomend me buying a drone from a different country from where I live, inviting me to buy from my local dealers in my home country.
I'm a traveller and every 1 or 2 of years I usually like to move country, so what do I do now??
Should I just buy from a Authorized and hope for the best in case something happens? Or should I rather buy from a bigger reseller that operates in different countries, like an Apple Store? Would that give me more warranty coverage?
I'm in Australia at the moment and I'm going to travel in Asia for the next months, something like a Mavic would be great to have
What do you guys suggest? someone with similar experience?
Thanks
2017-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DJI does not provide global warranty. Due to various product versions, customer can obtain warranty service only in the region where he purchased the product (in designated DJI repair center). However, depending on the availability of parts, customer can receive repair service against payment, except Japan. DJI products you bought from Apple store don't have global warranty either. It would be better to purchase a drone from where you will stay constantly. We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience,  and will keep improving to provide you more professional service, thank you for your support.
2017-6-4
Use props
C4L
New

Australia

After many thoughts I decided I'm not gonna buy a dji product yet!
Sad decision but if they will not support me I will not support them!

I feel like this company doesn't deserve my money: the lack of customer care, stories of endless warranty troubles, non international warranty coverage, feels like they're not taking it seriously..
and I don't want to throw AU$ 1700 !
Too many downsides for a toy, because for me it would be just for hobby
So I'll give dji some time hoping they will improve their services. If this is not going to happen I could eventually buy a second hand or if I can find a mavic somewhere cheap in Asia I will go for that - since I will not have warranty coverage anyways -

Would just love to walk in store, pay my money and take home a mavic, but I don't want to be left alone without support for such an expensive buy
Dji.. think about it
2017-6-6
Use props
icelake
New
Canada

Hi Mindy,  I have purchased an OSMO MOBILE in Hong Kong during vacation and now it has some problems.   I am living in Canada.  I have email DJI technical support and obtained a case number.    In fact, the DJI technical support asked me to send the OSMO Mobile to the repair facility in USA, but he did not mention that I need to pay the the repair.  I wonder if it's free of charge as you said "However, depending on the availability of parts, customer can receive repair service against payment, except Japan"   I just want to make sure it is free of charge before I send this to USA.  Thank You
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

icelake Posted at 2017-10-11 12:44
Hi Mindy,  I have purchased an OSMO MOBILE in Hong Kong during vacation and now it has some problems.   I am living in Canada.  I have email DJI technical support and obtained a case number.    In fact, the DJI technical support asked me to send the OSMO Mobile to the repair facility in USA, but he did not mention that I need to pay the the repair.  I wonder if it's free of charge as you said "However, depending on the availability of parts, customer can receive repair service against payment, except Japan"   I just want to make sure it is free of charge before I send this to USA.  Thank You

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. In our policy, we don't provide global warranty at the moment. But depending on part availability, customers can obtain cross-regional repair service at an additional charge, which means the repair will be charged.
Only the products purchased from Hong Kong airport can enjoy global warranty service.
global warranty.png
2017-10-11
Use props
minimoo
lvl.1
Australia

I have the same problem! and you still provide global warranty for products purchased in H.K airport ??? what a load of ********
2018-2-27
Use props
minimoo
lvl.1
Australia

I BOUGHT MINE AT BEST BUY IN US AND YOU BETTER TRAIN ALL THE RETAILERS OVER THE WORLD TO ADVISE THEY TELL US THERE'S NO INT' WARRANTY AS 99% OF PRODUCTS ON THEIR SHELF HAVE INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY SCHEME.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

minimoo Posted at 2018-2-27 20:20
I BOUGHT MINE AT BEST BUY IN US AND YOU BETTER TRAIN ALL THE RETAILERS OVER THE WORLD TO ADVISE THEY TELL US THERE'S NO INT' WARRANTY AS 99% OF PRODUCTS ON THEIR SHELF HAVE INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY SCHEME.

Hi minimoo, we apologize if any trouble that has been caused, we only provide international warranty to the drone which is bought from HongKong airport at the moment.
May I know what issues you are having now? Is there anything we can help you?
2018-2-28
Use props
lExonl
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-28 03:12
Hi minimoo, we apologize if any trouble that has been caused, we only provide international warranty to the drone which is bought from HongKong airport at the moment.
May I know what issues you are having now? Is there anything we can help you?

Hi Mindy,

I am currently staying in Hong Kong and I am considering buying a DJI Spark. Could you please let me know where I can find more information on the international warranty when buying from Hong Kong airport?

Thank you!
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

lExonl Posted at 2018-10-16 02:09
Hi Mindy,

I am currently staying in Hong Kong and I am considering buying a DJI Spark. Could you please let me know where I can find more information on the international warranty when buying from Hong Kong airport?

Hello, lExonl, as far as we know, the store in the Hong Kong airport has been closed. The products you purchase from other stores all don't enjoy the international warranty, please check more details here: https://www.dji.com/service/policy
2018-10-17
Use props
lExonl
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-17 01:42
Hello, lExonl, as far as we know, the store in the Hong Kong airport has been closed. The products you purchase from other stores all don't enjoy the international warranty, please check more details here: https://www.dji.com/service/policy

Oh okay, thank you for the information!
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

lExonl Posted at 2018-10-19 08:16
Oh okay, thank you for the information!

Not a problem, lExonl. If you need further help, just let us know. Take care!
2018-10-19
Use props
fans784e391d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 193845 ft

Honestly, what do you think how many drones stay in their original country?

What is the reason for non-global warranty?
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans784e391d Posted at 2018-10-19 15:42
Honestly, what do you think how many drones stay in their original country?

What is the reason for non-global warranty?

Hi there, each drone has the export information in our system, we will check the warranty according to our system. We do not provide the global warranty due to various product versions, customer can obtain warranty service only in the region where he/she purchased the product (in designated DJI repair center). However, depending on the availability of parts, customer can receive repair service against payment.
Appreciate your understanding.
2018-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules