Mavik Pro service in New Zealand?
1656 7 2017-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrentNZ
lvl.1

New Zealand

I bought a brand new Mavik Pro package from an Importer here in New Zealand and I have a fault that needs attention. I get frequent jello roll and this is even after several gimbal and imu calibrations, lowering of shutter speeds, swap outs of props and checking the gimbal holder tab thingys.
Both DJI and the NZ company that sold it to me have said I can said it back to them for repair (obviously I'd prefer to deal with NZ since it's closer, cheaper P&P and one of the reasons I bought it from here instead of online anyway!) but both say they'll only reimburse P&P if a hardware fault is found - which implies that i'll also have to pay to have it returned to me if so.

My main concern is actually that the NZ company will simply send it on to the States or wherever they're serviced (?) and that the turnaround time will take ages.

What is the story with repairs and service? Do a range of countries have official techs and workshops etc or do they all have to go to the same place?

2017-6-4
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

I'm in NZ too and have wondered the same thing.  Got mine at Noel Leeming.  I'm assuming they send it to China.
2017-6-4
Use props
BrentNZ
lvl.1

New Zealand

Oh great so no NZ authorised repair people = hella long turnaround/ wait time!
2017-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We have several official service centers around the world, each covers different countries and areas.
There is a recommended repair center in New Zealand (http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers), you can try to contact them for help. If they are unable to fix the drone or the gimbal for you, the drone may need to be sent to China for further inspection and repair by your re-seller or yourself, thus, the turnaround time may be extended.
Hope this information may help you. Any problems, please keep us updated.
2017-6-4
Use props
BrentNZ
lvl.1

New Zealand

Yes I've seen that page - under 'select location' the drop tab doesn't place any service centres in NZ though so my assumption is that the NZ dealer will still have to send it off shore
2017-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

There is service center in New Zealand, please contact them firstly.
New Zealand Ferntech NZ Ltd. Adress: 5/27 Waterman Place Christchurch 8081  Contact number: +64 039639003
NZ Repair center.png
2017-6-10
Use props
BrentNZ
lvl.1

New Zealand

I sent my Mavik back to the company I bought it from - they told me they have service people here in NZ so I thought it's best to let them deal with it...now I'm told they have to send it to China. I'm unhappy about it as I deliberately bought it from an NZ supplier to avoid freight and wait time etc. Now it looks like I'll need to wait a long time...
2017-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BrentNZ Posted at 2017-6-13 21:07
I sent my Mavik back to the company I bought it from - they told me they have service people here in NZ so I thought it's best to let them deal with it...now I'm told they have to send it to China. I'm unhappy about it as I deliberately bought it from an NZ supplier to avoid freight and wait time etc. Now it looks like I'll need to wait a long time...

I understand your frustration, some damage can be fixed by re-seller, but they may be limited in accessories and skill and so on. I do apologize for the inconvenience.
2017-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules