2166 22 2017-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa29166dd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97254 ft
United States

Hello all,

I am in dire need of help and an explanation of what just happened. about 45 minute ago I was flying my mavic in sport mode straight out from me over a lake and suddenly with 7 minutes of flight time left it lost RC connection and never came back. I dont have any clue how to post flight record from my iphone as thats all I have left... Can anyone at DJI or on here help? I waited for 20-30 by the home location hoping it would come back but it tnever made it. I thought it was supposed to return home with a loss of signal. Please help me understand what happened is there anything that can help replace my drone
2017-6-4
Use props
Robtheman1983
lvl.1
United States

To add to this I just got my drone on Thursday and had flown it well beyond the point I lost it several times, I had clear line of sight to the drone and no other signal issues happened in all my flights. it was like the drone flat out disappeared
2017-6-4
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Is your *home location* where the Mavic actually set the RTH coordinates?

I ask because there is more than one way to have your Mavic behave after a signal loss and RTH is initiated.

Some people have RTH set so that the Mavic hovers, others have it actually RTH.

Others here will ask you to upload your data for clues.

2017-6-4
Use props
Robtheman1983
lvl.1
United States

Here is a link to my flight log I figured it out https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... amp;page_id=GENERAL
2017-6-4
Use props
Robtheman1983
lvl.1
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-6-4 17:36
Is your *home location* where the Mavic actually set the RTH coordinates?

I ask because there is more than one way to have your Mavic behave after a signal loss and RTH is initiated.

What is it defaulted to... I assumed it was set to come back to the take off point
2017-6-4
Use props
Iamz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 487480 ft
Thailand

The sun was behind you, which the drone was facing toward while flying back. It's possible that the obstacle avoidance system thought the sun was an object and would not move forward during the RTH. It happened to me once and I had to disable the OA to continue.
2017-6-4
Use props
Robtheman1983
lvl.1
United States

Iamz Posted at 2017-6-4 18:12
The sun was behind you, which the drone was facing toward while flying back. It's possible that the obstacle avoidance system thought the sun was an object and would not move forward during the RTH. It happened to me once and I had to disable the OA to continue.

I was flying straight out when the loss occured I dont know that it ever turned around... or did I miss something in the log
2017-6-4
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

Not sure what RTH defaults to out of the box, and changing FW can also reset many settings and adjustments.
But it appears your Home Point was set at takeoff, which is good news for you, not so good for DJI hehe

Hopefully soon a DJI rep will enter the thread and initiate action that might see your Mavic replaced.
Fingers crossed for you Rob and i hope it doesnt take forever to get a result.
2017-6-4
Use props
Glideslope
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38655 ft
United States

Were you antenna pointing straight out, or in the up position?  Were they evenly spaced?
2017-6-4
Use props
Robtheman1983
lvl.1
United States

Glideslope Posted at 2017-6-4 18:31
Were you antenna pointing straight out, or in the up position?  Were they evenly spaced?

straight out evenly spaced pointed at the drone. I was hold the controller at an upward angle so they would have been pointed sort of diagonally up
2017-6-4
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

If the sun was behind you and the drone was set for RTH, it would first turn toward home before moving and the sun would be in it's face, blinding the OA sensors.  It would refuse to go forward and run out of battery.  Turning off OA would probably have brought it back.
2017-6-4
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-6-4 18:46
If the sun was behind you and the drone was set for RTH, it would first turn toward home before moving and the sun would be in it's face, blinding the OA sensors.  It would refuse to go forward and run out of battery.  Turning off OA would probably have brought it back.

There are no obstacle warnings in the flight log.
Your theory just sank.If that is the flight time in the upper left of the log, then flying ESE would not trick the OA nor should the return of WNW at near sunset.
Thats my theory hehe
2017-6-4
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We feel so sorry for your loss, could you please sync your flight records then send an e-mail with your DJI account email and the date this occurred to support.us@dji.com, we’ll create a case for you, then submit a data analysis.
2017-6-4
Use props
Robtheman1983
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-6-4 23:09
We feel so sorry for your loss, could you please sync your flight records then send an e-mail with your DJI account email and the date this occurred to , we’ll create a case for you, then submit a data analysis.

thank you for the reply. I actually already did all that. just waiting to see what they figure out happened
2017-6-5
Use props
Robtheman1983
lvl.1
United States

Really crossing my fingers on this one. I really don't feel like I did anything wrong. I hope DJI helps somehow. Otherwise it's gonna be months or a year before I can buy another one. I loved the drone while I had it. Easily the coolest piece of tech I have had in years
2017-6-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Robtheman1983 Posted at 2017-6-5 04:14
thank you for the reply. I actually already did all that. just waiting to see what they figure out happened

You are welcome ! If you have further questions, please feel free to let us know.
2017-6-5
Use props
Robtheman1983
lvl.1
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Robtheman1983 Posted at 2017-6-14 10:25
**** The posts are shielded ****

Rebort, just checked your case , as far as I can see, Evelyn replied your email already , have you received it?
2017-6-15
Use props
Robtheman1983
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-6-15 23:31
Rebort, just checked your case , as far as I can see, Evelyn replied your email already , have you received it?

yes she replied I am still having trouble with DJI's response on the matter I am trying to get my case escalated to another person or service manager. I just sent an email tonight with more info I found in the app.
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Robtheman1983 Posted at 2017-6-19 18:20
yes she replied I am still having trouble with DJI's response on the matter I am trying to get my case escalated to another person or service manager. I just sent an email tonight with more info I found in the app.

Thank you, I have contacted  Evelyn to check it out, she will reply your email as soon as possible, appreciate your patience.
2017-6-20
Use props
Robtheman1983
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-20 00:35
Thank you, I have contacted  Evelyn to check it out, she will reply your email as soon as possible, appreciate your patience.

CAS-694866-S9B3D0

Based on seeing a considerable amount of reports of your drones falling out of sky, flying away or just failing to work right ,I wanted to let you know that I have decided to not use the coupon you offered me to purchase a replacement mavic pro. I just don’t trust your devices to function as advertised and since you don’t stand behind your product enough to offer me a replacement drone, I have determined that it was a waste of my hard earned money to purchase another one at this time. I was a good customer, I paid for DJI care before I even flew the drone I operated well within the advertised operating ranges and conditions and yet it fell out of the sky because of an error that was caused by your device. I really did love that drone in the 4 days I had it but since your company refuses to stand behind your product I cannot in good faith give you any more of my money or business. I hope DJI can improve its quality Control for both its products and customer service so others don’t have to learn a $1400 lesson the way I did with a faulty product. I hope you will forward this email to higher up people within your company as you have most likely lost a customer for life over this issue and I will be letting family, friends, clients and others know that DJI just can’t be trusted provide Quality Control or customer service.
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Robtheman1983 Posted at 2017-8-19 09:14
CAS-694866-S9B3D0

Based on seeing a considerable amount of reports of your drones falling out of sky, flying away or just failing to work right ,I wanted to let you know that I have decided to not use the coupon you offered me to purchase a replacement mavic pro. I just don’t trust your devices to function as advertised and since you don’t stand behind your product enough to offer me a replacement drone, I have determined that it was a waste of my hard earned money to purchase another one at this time. I was a good customer, I paid for DJI care before I even flew the drone I operated well within the advertised operating ranges and conditions and yet it fell out of the sky because of an error that was caused by your device. I really did love that drone in the 4 days I had it but since your company refuses to stand behind your product I cannot in good faith give you any more of my money or business. I hope DJI can improve its quality Control for both its products and customer service so others don’t have to learn a $1400 lesson the way I did with a faulty product. I hope you will forward this email to higher up people within your company as you have most likely lost a customer for life over this issue and I will be letting family, friends, clients and others know that DJI just can’t be trusted provide Quality Control or customer service.

Sincerely sorry to read on this, I understand how you feel. I am sorry to say that this is the best offer we can provide based on the DJI after-sales policy. For the coupon and the details of this case, I've checked the email record between you and Evelyn,  I think Evelyn made this situation clear to you. So sorry again for the unpleasant experience.
2017-8-19
Use props
Robtheman1983
lvl.1
United States

Sorry doesn't cut it this time. you have lost my business. and anyone I can find that will listen to me. You could have salvaged your company's reputation with a simple and cheap gesture and you chose not to. I hope losing a customer for life is worth trying to make another $500 off me. thank you for replying.
2017-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules