Asking for log in before flight
1700 5 2017-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4950542e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10302 ft
United States

I was up in the mountains today to do a flyover of a lake and when all was set up and using my android tablet, instead of going to the normal screen of camera view in DJI Go 4 App, a log in screen came on.  I tried to log on but of course no internet as wifi is not available in mountains.  I tried to just back out and back in to the app and it asked again.  It would not allow me to fly.  Luckily i had a backup tablet...so I thought.  Same thing, it asked me to log in before i could fly.  Before today, it' had been about 2 weeks since flying and it worked fine then

Tablets run Android 6, the DJI Go 4 app is latest version.  Up to this particular day and time, the apps have worked fine.  When i got home, I connected the Phantom 4, controller and tablet and I got the log in message once more.  I tried about a half hour later and all worked fine.  Is there a setting i am missing?
2017-6-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You have let your devices autoupdate and DJI gave lots of notice that you would have to logi again for the new app.
2017-6-4
Use props
fans4950542e
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-6-4 19:10
You have let your devices autoupdate and DJI gave lots of notice that you would have to logi again for the new app.

Thanks for quick response.  So should I not have devices auto update?  Also, will I have to log in each time in the future or should this be it?  I have been flying my Phantom for 10 months and this is a first.  Only problems I have had prior is the gimbal just dropping to side but now I calibrate prior to each flight and that seems to work.  This log in stuff though could be a pain if I am in a remote area again.
2017-6-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans4950542e Posted at 2017-6-4 19:17
Thanks for quick response.  So should I not have devices auto update?  Also, will I have to log in each time in the future or should this be it?  I have been flying my Phantom for 10 months and this is a first.  Only problems I have had prior is the gimbal just dropping to side but now I calibrate prior to each flight and that seems to work.  This log in stuff though could be a pain if I am in a remote area again.

Whether you leave your tablet to auto-update apps or not is up to you.
But because you had it auto-updating you have the new version of the app without realising it.
No-one's noticed any significant differences and it seems that the logging in was a one-time thing.
Here's the initial notice from DJI:
http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news ... nique&pm=custom
2017-6-4
Use props
fans4950542e
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-6-4 20:18
Whether you leave your tablet to auto-update apps or not is up to you.
But because you had it auto-updating you have the new version of the app without realising it.
No-one's noticed any significant differences and it seems that the logging in was a one-time thing.

Thank you for the information and link.  I greatly appreciate it.
2017-6-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans4950542e Posted at 2017-6-4 20:36
Thank you for the information and link.  I greatly appreciate it.

Just to reiterate Labroides's post, you won't have to log in again once you've done it the first time barring you manually logging out of the app. Were you able to finally log in?
2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules