Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI, give us all a new GPS bracket!
1024 3 2017-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeterFDJI3
lvl.1
United States

My $2,000+ investment in an S1000 did not come with any kind of adequate GPS bracket...just the ill-fitting 4-arm base and the -ever-swiveling top.   

It is time to get DJI to fix this.   The little 4-arm base does not fit on the holes cut into the top plate of the S1000.   At best, it fits 1/2" behind center.  DJI, do a re-call and send us all top plates where the GPS bracket can be attached squarely in the center or better yet, GPS brackets that fit our top plates and have ways to hold both the GPS and the pole securely.   

Then, DJI, give us 2 more screws so we can screw the top of the GPS bracket to the pole and the of the GPA bracket bottom to the pole, instead or everyone looking for glues, tapes and what not to come up with a series of half-baked solutions.  I mean the GPS is crucial to all you have built into safe and smooth flight, and yet you have us all trying to figure out how to attach it.  

This is simple good engineering for you and bad customer service for us.

I have already lost props and landing gear to loosely-configured GPS brackets and I am fed up.

Come on...

-Peter

IMG_1934.jpg
IMG_1935.jpg
2017-6-4
Use props
DennisMurry08
Captain
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Peter...you've got this upside down...that metal piece supports the Puck on the top....theres a different bracket for bolting into the top frame...let me see if I can get a picture
2017-6-5
Use props
DennisMurry08
Captain
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

sorry for the quality but I used a different metal bracket on this 1000 but where you see the GPS puck you'll see the round puck holder...the picture you are showing goes there and not on the top plate...hopes this helps
gpspuck.jpg
2017-6-5
Use props
PeterFDJI3
lvl.1
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-6-5 14:51
sorry for the quality but I used a different metal bracket on this 1000 but where you see the GPS puck you'll see the round puck holder...the picture you are showing goes there and not on the top plate...hopes this helps

I have the round "disc" 3M'd to the underside of the GPS "puck", the pole going down, and then all I have is the 4-arm bracket at the bottom that is intended to fasten to the top plate of the frame.  But the holes on the top frame plate are all wrong if you want to place the GPS 4-arm bracket in the center of the top frame plate.

I've ordered the folding one from England, and am hoping it, with its little screws at the top of the pole and the bottom of the pole make the GPS neither swivel on the pole or on the bracket.  

Many thanks for your thoughtful comments and picture.   

Let's work on DJI to replace the stealth fighter with a multi-rotor, and the description of "red = negative" on the GPS mounting instructions.    

-Appreciate your help.

-Peter
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules