Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weird stuff happening on last flight (log added) Help!
1935 14 2017-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJ Nee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84610 ft
Australia

I took my P3S for a quick fly on Sunday, nice and sunny, about 18 degree's (so not too cold to fly or anything).

Everything was fine for a few minutes, but at one point i flew behind a large tree and suddenly i had 'lost signal' messages, then aircraft disconnected...and then i'm sure i spotted a red error saying something about a broken battery cell.
At this point i'm paniccing like crazy as i still hadn't got a visual on the craft yet.
After running past the tree that i was behind, thankfully the P3S was still in the air, i managed to get a connection and promptly brought it home.

I've not had a chance to fire up the battery again yet, and i have 2, so i'm not sure which one it was since i always remove the battery to transport it.
I'm guessing when i next power on, the DJI app should tell me this message again if i've inserted the faulty battery? In the app i think you can view the battery details?

Also, can this message pop up as a false? It just seems weird that it popped up right in the middle of a stack of other errors.

I bought the unit in January, so i'm guessing if it is faulty then i can exchange the battery for a new one?

Any info appreciated!

2017-6-5
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can see what mesages came up and also check battery data by going to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Ypu'll get a report with all the recorded flight data for that flight.
2017-6-5
Use props
fanse1c9aa21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143901 ft
United States

Mistake one is you flew behind something.
I have no problems with flying out of sight. But not out of radio range.
When you fly behind anything you are out of radio range.

One hopes you had the RTH active and the return height more than enough to clear anything in battery range.
Notice I said battery range.
It's not enough to clear the neighbors house.
You have to be able to clear the water tower 3 streets down.
Weird things can happen.
I live in a valley and mine is set to 120 meters.

As to the battery error take it with a grain of salt.
As telemetry drops out you could get bad data.
As a test let it hover at 1 foot for the entire battery.
If you get a normal flight time, it was bad data.
2017-6-5
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Battery range can be over 3 miles away if the P3S flies in top speed(33 mph) if it ´s curving. You can fly over objects but not behind them. You can point that from above and go to side of that object.
Try to hold your bird in the sight of your eyes.
2017-6-5
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.3
Australia

Many thanks for the replies!!!
I have just uploaded the flight log for this flight....if someone could have a look for me, that would be fantastic!

flight log
2017-6-5
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

DJ Nee Posted at 2017-6-5 23:34
Many thanks for the replies!!!
I have just uploaded the flight log for this flight....if someone could have a look for me, that would be fantastic!

Your battery is showing a weak cell.
Cell 1 was .16-.19V lower than the other cells for the whole flight.
Perhaps someone with battery expertise can advise further on the implications of this.

Otherwise I don't notice anything particularly strange about the flight.
You were in an area with a lot of interference.
You lost downlink a couple of times late in the flight which means that you lost video signal but not control signal.
2017-6-6
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.3
Australia

Ok, i will see if anyone else can comment further.

If anyone know's what happens next? ie...do i wait for one of the DJI people to comment and then arrange a replacement...or do i email them the flight log? If anyone can help, that would be great!
The drone was bought in January this year, and my spare battery not that long ago. I need to figure out if the battery on the flight is my spare or not.
2017-6-6
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

DJ Nee Posted at 2017-6-6 03:24
Ok, i will see if anyone else can comment further.

If anyone know's what happens next? ie...do i wait for one of the DJI people to comment and then arrange a replacement...or do i email them the flight log? If anyone can help, that would be great!

Label your batteries so you know which is which.
Go to the app settings and check battery data.
It will show the individual cell voltages which should tell you which battery is the problem.

Upload the flight record (click on the cloud icon in the app) and talk to DJI online support chat and see where that goes.
2017-6-6
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53747 ft
United States

fanse1c9aa21 Posted at 2017-6-5 07:34
Mistake one is you flew behind something.
I have no problems with flying out of sight. But not out of radio range.
When you fly behind anything you are out of radio range.

The only problem I am having is I keep getting a  Strong Interference Detected every 10 seconds but it fly's fine.
2017-6-6
Use props
stuka75
First Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-6-6 02:54
Your battery is showing a weak cell.
Cell 1 was .16-.19V lower than the other cells for the whole flight.
Perhaps someone with battery expertise can advise further on the implications of this.

That cell is well off the acceptable cell difference of .07v. An occasional cell diff especially in cell one can be seen normally, but not for the entire flight. If in warranty, send it back.
2017-6-6
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

The cell 1 are very low on voltage.
2017-6-6
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.3
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2017-6-6 06:08
Label your batteries so you know which is which.
Go to the app settings and check battery data.
It will show the individual cell voltages which should tell you which battery is the problem.

Sorry, where do I find the DJI support chat? Is it on this forum or the app..or elsewhere? Thanks
2017-6-6
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.3
Australia

DJ Nee Posted at 2017-6-6 21:56
Sorry, where do I find the DJI support chat? Is it on this forum or the app..or elsewhere? Thanks

It's cool...i found it! Battery being collected by them.... Thanks for your help
2017-6-6
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.3
Australia

Just thought i'd put a post up to say that my battery arrived from DJI repair today.... I'm pretty sure they repaired the original battery, as opposed to replaced...but as long as it works, all is well!
Not had a chance to test it yet, but will have a fly at the weekend.

So i just wanted to say i'm quite pleased with the 9 day turnaround on this.... Thanks DJI
2017-6-15
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53747 ft
United States

Is a real DJI battery? some knock offs say bad cell when it is really a cheap clone
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules