Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Repair centre response times... is something wrong?
1668 17 2017-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichardMavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 231562 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, first post on here after lurking regularly since ordering my Mavic back in December.
Some background:

According to DJI GO I have completed 12Hr10Min of flight time over 70km & 104 flights, in 5 countries.... however on that 104th flight something weird happened.

I asscended to 112m above my garden, took some photos and heard the pitch of the aircraft change (even from that altitude) and the aircraft seemed unsettled so thought something had happened (such as prop damage or motor error) and decided to desecend at full speed - full left stick down. The aircraft started to desecend as I'd expect then fell out of the sky from around 100m! I was watching the aircraft and not the controller and so hadn't spotted that it had gone in to Landing Mode. I can only assume the downward sensors had incorrectly sensed the ground and "landed"? Anyway there's some superficial damage but the main issue is the gimbal, delicate little things!

(I have attached a photo of the flight log showing the 'landing' at 95m if anybody is interested.

Repair process:

I logged a case online Tuesday May 23rd and received a case number - a few days later I received the UPS shipping label and by Thursday May 25th my aircraft was on it's journey from the UK to the NL repair centre. It landed according to UPS tracking on morning of Monday 29th May. The "Repair Progress Inquiry" page suggests that it may take 1-5 days to unpack and presumably ackowledge receipt before moving on to the damage assesment stage.

Assuming that Tuesday 30th was the first working day, I am now on day 5 and have still not received any ackowledgment. Understanadbly I am now starting to worry on 2 fronts. 1) My  £1100 drone is not in my posession and the receipient has not confirmed they have it 2) I am now 2 weeks since logging the case and it hasn't even been ackowledged let alone assessed/repaired or replaced/returned to me.

My bought DJI Refresh which promises "Priority replacement", I haven't seen any sign of that priority so far. In all honesty I am hoping that the Refresh element won't even come in to it given that the crash was caused by an aircraft error whilst the unit is within warranty.

I tried to see if customer services on online chat could give me any idea as to when it might get checked in, whether they indeed have it or whether it was delivered somewhere else or lost (I'm starting to worry now) but they just said "be patient and wait for an e-mail".

My question

For anybody who has returned their device for repair/warranty work, is this normal/expected - 5 days for ackowledgement of receipt?

Thanks and sorry to rant on, but I'm a bit worried now, I just want to know my aircraft is safe!!

image1.PNG
2017-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think firstly care refresh priority doesn't exist so I wouldn't be depending on that, is it normal to take 5 days to register your package yes judging by what I've seen around here. I think you will have no problem once ups says they have delivered .
You need to give yourself minimum 14 working days which will be 20 days, usually repair process takes a couple of days but logistics seems to be a big letdown with dji and something they need to improve on fairly soon.
Hope you get your warranty and your AC arrives back soon.
2017-6-5
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

My time on a repair was 5 weeks Inc./ shipping. They don't hit any of the marks that they say they will but it does get done.
Only worry if it goes way past the mark then get a moderator to check it for you. That always helps things, if they know that you are watching like we all are doing it helps.

The things we do to get are baby’s back.
WE WANT IT NOW & FIXED PROPERLY!
Good Luck & be Patient
2017-6-5
Use props
RichardMavic
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks both for your replies - it sounds like it's fairly common to wait this long then, hopefully I will receive an acknowledgment in the next day or so just to put my mind at rest, I can then wait patiently ;)
2017-6-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you could provide your case number, I can follow up and give you a better idea as to where it is thus far.
2017-6-5
Use props
Snowhack700
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17428 ft
United States

Ya sit down and get comfortable, don't make any plans that require drone footage, forget about the drone it's gone for, at minimum, a month! Most likely longer. I'm looking at 5-6 weeks, longer because of DJIs no compromise sign for delivery. You have to sign in person you can't sign the slip and leave it for the postman. Since I work days that will add an undetermined amount of time to the back end. I had to take a vacation day the last time! Mine has been sitting in some state of repair facility limbo since the 24th of May. I sent it for repair on the 10th. It was determined to be a replacement instead of a repair shortly after receipt. Repeated inquiries to DJI support do NOT speed up anything!! ...and Care Refresh adds NO priority. I spoke with a rep named Jeff. He assured me I'd get my Mavic back by the 10th of June for a trip I'm taking. That was last week. Contact support again today and I get Jeff, either the same guy or they just name all their chat reps Jeff. He basically cut and pasted our conversation from last week. No answers or explanation for the delay. According to the app DJI needed 1 day to ship after testing, verifying and assessing A REPLACEMENT, which they said they had to do according to the app. BS! There's no repairs no tweeks just grab one off the shelf assign my account with the new SN and ship..done! That's all that could possibly be required to do. Quality control should have done the rest when it left the factory. So I sit with no answers and no drone and I'll go on my trip with just that. LiPo batteries can not ship air so UPS ground will get my drone to me in 7-10 days IF they ever ship it. So since I can't sign for it while I'm on my week long trip in my case it's very possible that I won't see my drone until July. It would be painfully ironic if the drone got sent back to sender because they couldn't deliver without a signature. Obviously my shipping issue may not apply to you but take my word for it and occupy yourself with something else because watching the repair pot boil just makes it seem longer.
2017-6-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Snowhack700 Posted at 2017-6-5 17:07
Ya sit down and get comfortable, don't make any plans that require drone footage, forget about the drone it's gone for, at minimum, a month! Most likely longer. I'm looking at 5-6 weeks, longer because of DJIs no compromise sign for delivery. You have to sign in person you can't sign the slip and leave it for the postman. Since I work days that will add an undetermined amount of time to the back end. I had to take a vacation day the last time! Mine has been sitting in some state of repair facility limbo since the 24th of May. I sent it for repair on the 10th. It was determined to be a replacement instead of a repair shortly after receipt. Repeated inquiries to DJI support do NOT speed up anything!! ...and Care Refresh adds NO priority. I spoke with a rep named Jeff. He assured me I'd get my Mavic back by the 10th of June for a trip I'm taking. That was last week. Contact support again today and I get Jeff, either the same guy or they just name all their chat reps Jeff. He basically cut and pasted our conversation from last week. No answers or explanation for the delay. According to the app DJI needed 1 day to ship after testing, verifying and assessing A REPLACEMENT, which they said they had to do according to the app. BS! There's no repairs no tweeks just grab one off the shelf assign my account with the new SN and ship..done! That's all that could possibly be required to do. Quality control should have done the rest when it left the factory. So I sit with no answers and no drone and I'll go on my trip with just that. LiPo batteries can not ship air so UPS ground will get my drone to me in 7-10 days IF they ever ship it. So since I can't sign for it while I'm on my week long trip in my case it's very possible that I won't see my drone until July. It would be painfully ironic if the drone got sent back to sender because they couldn't deliver without a signature. Obviously my shipping issue may not apply to you but take my word for it and occupy yourself with something else because watching the repair pot boil just makes it seem longer.

Sincerely sorry for the delay , could you please provide me your case number so I can look into it?
2017-6-5
Use props
RichardMavic
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-5 13:35
If you could provide your case number, I can follow up and give you a better idea as to where it is thus far.

Jamie, my case number is CAS-659487-J1X4Q4, thank you.
2017-6-5
Use props
RichardMavic
lvl.1
United Kingdom

RichardMavic Posted at 2017-6-5 23:07
Jamie, my case number is CAS-659487-J1X4Q4, thank you.

It's just been checked in - phew!
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RichardMavic Posted at 2017-6-6 06:34
It's just been checked in - phew!

It would be smooth sailing from here once it gets evaluated. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Snowhack700 Posted at 2017-6-5 17:07

The North American facility deals with a large volume of units domestically, along with Canada and South America. The reasons for service can rage from warranty to non warranty, DJI Care/Refresh or not. The unfortunate backlog in shipping has put a damper on the overall repair time frame, but every unit in their respective categories are handled on a first come, first serve basis prior to making its way to shipping. Like Thor mentioned, we can try to help you out as best we can should you provide your case number.
2017-6-6
Use props
Gregos75
New
France

Hello, I have exactly the same problem, I am still waiting for the receipt of the drone in the Netherlands, here is my case number: CAS-649214-X0Z7T3
Thanks for your help, I'm worried !
2017-6-6
Use props
Snowhack700
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17428 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-6 11:01
The North American facility deals with a large volume of units domestically, along with Canada and South America. The reasons for service can rage from warranty to non warranty, DJI Care/Refresh or not. The unfortunate backlog in shipping has put a damper on the overall repair time frame, but every unit in their respective categories are handled on a first come, first serve basis prior to making its way to shipping. Like Thor mentioned, we can try to help you out as best we can should you provide your case number.

CAS-633079-B7S3H1 I'm guessing you guys looked me up already because I just got 2 duplicate emails saying it shipped. If this was your doing then thank you. Don't get me wrong I'm a realist and I understand shipping and backlog. I crashed it and I have a trip deadline not you. I'm not blaming DJI for me sideskirting into a tree branch a month before I planned a trip to San fransisco. It's just frustrating to have to wait so long for something that really should be very simple. If it was a complicated repair followed by a required quality control measure I would understand a delay but it was determined to be a replacement very early on. At that point it's box, label, truck, smile on my face. Yet the app tells me all sorts of testing and logistics are taking place before shipping. Something needs to be streamlined. Also the chat guys need to be more in tune with the individual product they're answering questions about. I should not be told to return the drone and remote (I just received in the mail after waiting 6 weeks for a replacement) because the two were unbound, especially when the drones are generally shipped unbound due to substitution of the original drone for whatever reason. That would have cost me and DJI time and money for nothing. Again thank you for the reply I just hope to have my Mavic for San Francisco.
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gregos75 Posted at 2017-6-6 13:54
Hello, I have exactly the same problem, I am still waiting for the receipt of the drone in the Netherlands, here is my case number: CAS-649214-X0Z7T3

Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong profile with the Support team, but do you happen to have two Mavics in for service or should it be just the one?
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Snowhack700 Posted at 2017-6-6 13:56
CAS-633079-B7S3H1 I'm guessing you guys looked me up already because I just got 2 duplicate emails saying it shipped. If this was your doing then thank you. Don't get me wrong I'm a realist and I understand shipping and backlog. I crashed it and I have a trip deadline not you. I'm not blaming DJI for me sideskirting into a tree branch a month before I planned a trip to San fransisco. It's just frustrating to have to wait so long for something that really should be very simple. If it was a complicated repair followed by a required quality control measure I would understand a delay but it was determined to be a replacement very early on. At that point it's box, label, truck, smile on my face. Yet the app tells me all sorts of testing and logistics are taking place before shipping. Something needs to be streamlined. Also the chat guys need to be more in tune with the individual product they're answering questions about. I should not be told to return the drone and remote (I just received in the mail after waiting 6 weeks for a replacement) because the two were unbound, especially when the drones are generally shipped unbound due to substitution of the original drone for whatever reason. That would have cost me and DJI time and money for nothing. Again thank you for the reply I just hope to have my Mavic for San Francisco.

Appreciate your update and feedback, it is so glad to hear that it has been shipped, I think you would receive it soon, hope you can enjoy it. We care much about your feedback on our service, I’ve transferred your feedback to the supervisor, will keep improving to provide you all more professional service and make your experience with us better, sincerely sorry again for the trouble you have been caused.
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Gregos75 Posted at 2017-6-6 13:54

Gregos, I've informed our appropriate team to look into this, we will escalate this case and will keep you updated. Appreciate your patience.
2017-6-6
Use props
Gregos75
New
France

Hello Thor, thank you for your help, I just received a message from Dji, my drone is well taken care of, I am reassured and thank you again for your help.
And good fly
2017-6-7
Use props
Gregos75
New
France

Thank you Jamie, Indeed I was wrong with my super English, I re-launched a request, I will contact them to cancel the second case
2017-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules