Alabama Hills camping / Drone scouting
1288 4 2017-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
illking
lvl.2
United States

Not much droning in this video but i thought id share it along with a story only this community will appreciate.
My wife and I went camping over memorial day weekend, we got lucky and found a pretty good spot saturday morning although we had some close neighbors and people pulling through our camp late looking for sites disturbing us and our dog. The next day on a hike we came accross an excelent spot with an amazing view and no nearby neighbors. Before we packed up and moved camp I flew the drone over to see if it was still open. It was the farthest ive ever flown the drone away losing line of sight and not being able to fly back.  I hit the return to home button for the first time. Moments later i heard the drone above and saw a tiny speck in the sky above me! My trusty mavic came home. We quickly packed up our van and headed for the primo spot. It was 4x4 acccess only and thats why it was still available on a busy holiday weekend but that was fine for us. No one bothered or even drove anywhere near our site the rest of the trip and we had a great time.

How many of you have used your drone to scout out something? a trail? looking for a swimmin hole? I never thought to use it in any way other than for filming but it really is a usefull tool to have an ariel view of things.

2017-6-5
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

i didn't even know alabama had mountains or desert looking area lol
2017-6-5
Use props
John Sea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 718789 ft
United States

Very cool video and good application of the drone! I'm new at the drone thing, but I plan on trying using the drone to scout weed lines while fishing offshore Florida coast. Cant believe that's Alabama!
2017-6-5
Use props
illking
lvl.2
United States

Its in California, Its mostly known for its rich film location history and geology  its a really interesting area between Death Valley's Badwater Basin the  lowest elevation in North America, at 282 feet (86 m) below sea level. This point is 84.6 miles (136.2 km) east-southeast of Mount Whitney, the highest point in the contiguous United States with an elevation of 14,505 feet (4,421 m)
2017-6-6
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

Looking for alligators in the glades.
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules