781 4 2017-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Melpen Inspire
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20003 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All

Bought a P4 in haste, then Inspire 1 with V2 upgrades, what a mine field. Now selling the P4 cheap if anyone is looking. Want to use the funds to upgrade the X3. Anyone selling a Z3 or X5 and can anyone advise what is best for middle of rage photography and starting out with video?

Many thanks
2017-6-5
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

The X5 will be the best camera overall because of the variable aperture and better quality interchangeable lens however there is tradeoffs , mainly expense and extra weight (= less flight time ).

I lusted for the X5 but ended up buying the Z3. Using the latest firmware for both AC & Camera the Z3 does what I want quite well (but its not perfect).  The zoom works well and its surprising stable when zoomed in.
Flight times are around 15 mins with tb47 and 18 mins with tb48 (thats landing with 20% reserve).
2017-6-5
Use props
Melpen Inspire
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Phantom-Paul 7 Posted at 2017-6-5 14:19
The X5 will be the best camera overall because of the variable aperture and better quality interchangeable lens however there is tradeoffs , mainly expense and extra weight (= less flight time ).

I lusted for the X5 but ended up buying the Z3. Using the latest firmware for both AC & Camera the Z3 does what I want quite well (but its not perfect).  The zoom works well and its surprising stable when zoomed in.

Great, thanks Paul

Ive been looking at Z3 also, its a bit heavier than the x3, but not as heavy as the X5

Would it help if I upgrade the vibration plate to the X5 (Pro) version with the Z3 for added stability then?
2017-6-6
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

Definitely upgrade the vibration plate and rubbers. (The v2 has this as standard)

2017-6-6
Use props
Melpen Inspire
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Phantom-Paul 7 Posted at 2017-6-6 05:38
Definitely upgrade the vibration plate and rubbers. (The v2 has this as standard)

thx again Paul. I will get the kit ordered today
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules