2017 SKYPIXEL VIDEO CONTEST!
12Next >
21096 63 2017-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

SkyPixel has kicked off its first aerial video contest of the year. The 2017 SkyPixel Video Contest runs from June 2 to  August 2 and welcomes all drone users to submit their vision of the  world in video format to any of three categories: Nature, City, or  Sport. This contest is open to participants from around the world, whether you are a new drone user, a professional videographer, or someone just wanting to showcase their creativity from above.

“Since its inception in 2014, SkyPixel has become the largest  community for aerial enthusiasts and photographers from around the  world. We now have over four million users worldwide using this platform  as a way to share their perspective of the world and inspire others  with this fantastic new art form,” said Danny Zheng, DJI Vice President  of Marketing.

“This art form is very much about storytelling and allows people to  see or experience something different or otherwise out of reach. With  this video contest, we hope it will expand creative possibilities even  further and allow people to explore the world like never before.”

Participants can submit their work in any one of the following categories:

• Nature: Tell us a story with landscape shots, revealing the deep secrets of Mother Nature from above.
  • City: Capture the character of your city’s transformation or show us places we know and love, but from a brand new perspective.
  • Sport: Capture the energy and excitement behind a sport or an athlete pursuing their dreams.

Videos captured from any type of aerial platform are  welcome. Submissions should not be longer than five minutes and should  include at least 30 seconds of aerial footage.

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 1.34.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 1.34.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 1.34.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 1.34.52 PM.png

SkyPixel will also give out a People’s Choice Prize to the top ten  most liked videos (cut-off time for voting is August 2, 14:00). Winners  will receive a DJI Osmo Mobile, LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C Hard Drive, Suunto Traverse Alpha Black Watch, and an Oakley Latch Prizm Sunglasses.

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 1.34.58 PM.png

The 2017 SkyPixel Video Contest is hosted by DJI, and is sponsored by Nikon, Adidas, and Raffles City.

Several renowned videographers and influencers will act as judges and decide the contest’s winners.

• Phil Pastuhov ­— Aerial Director of Photography whose credits  include the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Godzilla, and The Amazing  Spider-Man 2
  • Ning Hao — Director and screenwriter of several Chinese  blockbusters. His breakout film Crazy Stone (2006) earned a Golden Horse  Award for Best Original Screenplay.
  • Ryan Hosking — The youngest feature film Aerial Director of  Photography. Ryan’s film credits include The Revenant, American Sniper,  The Nice Guys, and CHiPs.
  • Filipe DeAndrade — 10-time Emmy award-winning Director of  Photography, wildlife ambassador for National Geographic, and Nat Geo  WILD
  • Robin Mahieux — Robin has worked on creative projects for Chanel, Redbull, Sony, AIA, Cartier, Air China, Porsche, and Jaguar
  • David Etienne — TV producer, director, pilot, and commercial drone pilot
  • Andy Best — Renowned photographer and filmmaker
  • Josh Raab — Multimedia Editor at TIME and professor at the International Center of Photography
  • Brad Rickman — Digital Director for Condé Nast Traveler

Rules
  • Submission Start: June 2nd 2017, 06:00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
  • Submission Deadline: August 2nd 2017, 06:00 GMT
  • Videos from any aerial platform are welcome.
  • Each entry must be less than five minutes long and include aerial clips lasting at least 30 seconds.
  • Entrants may submit unlimited content to several categories.
  • A single submission may only qualify for a single category: Sport,  City, and Nature. One submission does not qualify for two or three  categories.
  • Entrants must ensure submitted information is authentic and all  content is original. Watermarks may influence the evaluation results.  Submitting false information will result in disqualification.
程方程晓海报en.jpeg 何川海报en.jpeg Andy Best海报en.jpeg

For more info about the contest and how to enter, visit: https://www.skypixel.com/events/videocontest2017

2017-6-5
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

2017-6-7
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-9-11 01:18
Hi Joe.

When will the result of this event be presented?

https://www.skypixel.com/events/videocontest2017
2017-9-18
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

Awesome, really keen to participate!
2017-6-5
Use props
Progression Pro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1891555 ft
United States

Hi,

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get a video uploaded. Everytime I try it says success then doesn't show them in any of the submission areas. Any help on this? Skypixel doesn't have a contact so if any one can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

In Christ Jesus alone,

Jacob Howard
2017-6-5
Use props
HANNO0
lvl.1
United States

This is a great activity. Look forward to it!
2017-6-6
Use props
Carnage808
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21893 ft
United States

Tried to use the -link to youtube feature - submitted all of my videos that are on youtube, shot with Mavic pro and Osmo mobile but still showing nothing under "My Work"
2017-6-6
Use props
alice24
lvl.2

Philippines

I'm so excited for this. Looking forward to seeing spectacular videos <3
2017-6-6
Use props
evman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153383 ft
Australia

Also can't seem to get videos to appear under the "My Work" tab after they have been submitted. How do we know they are actually submitted?
thanks
Edit: Seems to be working now
2017-6-6
Use props
Naneki
New
Netherlands

Can't wait to check the vids out!
2017-6-7
Use props
Progression Pro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1891555 ft
United States

Carnage808 Posted at 2017-6-6 19:00
Tried to use the -link to youtube feature - submitted all of my videos that are on youtube, shot with Mavic pro and Osmo mobile but still showing nothing under "My Work"

Hi,

Same thing happened to me. Only way I could get them to enter the contest was to manually upload them from my computer.

In Christ Jesus alone,

Jacob Howard
2017-6-7
Use props
Mauro Pagliai
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35365551 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Wow! awesome prizes! <3
2017-6-8
Use props
Austevik Dronef
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1035125 ft
  • >>>
Germany

•Entrants must ensure submitted information is authentic and all  content is original. Watermarks may influence the evaluation results.  Submitting false information will result in disqualification.

question: Does that include the music? I use copyright free music from youtube but it is not my original content..
2017-6-9
Use props
Neilmacc
lvl.4
Switzerland

Progression Pro Posted at 2017-6-5 20:03
Hi,

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get a video uploaded. Everytime I try it says success then doesn't show them in any of the submission areas. Any help on this? Skypixel doesn't have a contact so if any one can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

i agree.. its very complicated to upload, and how do you submit videos that you already uploaded to your skypixel portfolio ?  i have uploaded several videos but nothing appears on the site!!
2017-6-12
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

The city category is technically illegal in many countries...
2017-6-18
Use props
telas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 583140 ft
Greece

Hello, I tried several times to upload my videos using the youtube feature with no luck, no videos showing under "My Work" tab in the contest page.

Any suggestions ?
2017-6-21
Use props
fans0e7d54f6
Banned

Turkey

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-22
Use props
idofuel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 476768 ft
United States

nvmnd the title gives it away lol
2017-6-22
Use props
idofuel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 476768 ft
United States

just to be sure...is this a photography contest or video? lots of description on photo submission but noticed a min 30 sec rule?
2017-6-22
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

its looks really nice
2017-6-22
Use props
pianoplayer
New

Belgium

Looks Great!
2017-6-25
Use props
Jnug
New
United States

Can't wait!
2017-6-25
Use props
fans05c82dc9
New
United States

Does anyone know how to submit a video for the contest? They have 3 categories so how do we actually choose which category we are submitting to?
2017-6-28
Use props
fans05c82dc9
New
United States

fans05c82dc9 Posted at 2017-6-28 08:13
Does anyone know how to submit a video for the contest? They have 3 categories so how do we actually choose which category we are submitting to?

Sorry, I found the answer. Have to click the link 'Join Now'. They should change that to 'Submit Now'.
2017-6-28
Use props
JoeCec
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would like to try this...
2017-6-29
Use props
JustinMcFarland
lvl.4
Flight distance : 191896 ft
United States

subscribing....
2017-6-29
Use props
狂奔的志摩
New
Flight distance : 38560 ft
China

Austevik Dronef Posted at 2017-6-9 20:47
•Entrants must ensure submitted information is authentic and all  content is original. Watermarks may influence the evaluation results.  Submitting false information will result in disqualification.

question: Does that include the music? I use copyright free music from youtube but it is not my original content..

I think it is ok to use them.
2017-6-30
Use props
狂奔的志摩
New
Flight distance : 38560 ft
China

idofuel Posted at 2017-6-22 08:24
just to be sure...is this a photography contest or video? lots of description on photo submission but noticed a min 30 sec rule?

it's a video contest
2017-6-30
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Progression Pro Posted at 2017-6-5 20:03
Hi,

It's simply not intuitive enough for the general public of AC owners. The UI needs a serious redesign. Yes, some of us can figure it out, but a site should not take this much "figuring out". To add content to a content sharing site should be super easy. After all, to allow content sharing is the site's ONLY PURPOSE.
2017-6-30
Use props
Eaglewood Films
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5738255 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Tried to import from Vimeo without any luck. The video just lands in my gallery, but not under My Work in the contest area. Only way to join the contest is by manually uploading my video. Using Chrome on OSX Sierra.
2017-6-30
Use props
fans83268cee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 583396 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/3ab362d6-e8cf-4263-a236-11de4018309b

Here is my video, First atempt using the phantom 3 standard. Hope you like it!
2017-7-2
Use props
tjnealy
New
Flight distance : 139859 ft
United States

Can't wait for the results!
2017-7-3
Use props
tjnealy
New
Flight distance : 139859 ft
United States

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... ;utm_campaign=share

Hope you like!
2017-7-3
Use props
DroneWars
New
Philippines

Can't wait to see all the entries!
2017-7-3
Use props
fans994141f5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 316903 ft
Germany

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-6-7 08:59
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7SvBmAooSo

Very nice video... I think the Mavic Pro is a great drone to take it with me, when I go hiking and climbing. If I just want to take photos, I love the DJI Spark because it is sooooo tiny. ;)
2017-7-4
Use props
Robert Kocuvan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 854567 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

Wow great contest!
2017-7-9
Use props
DJI Tom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1236778 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice contest.  Questions.  I am working on a small 2 minute film which uses all drone footage.  As it a film, what category shall I place it in?
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

DJI Tom Posted at 2017-7-10 12:40
Nice contest.  Questions.  I am working on a small 2 minute film which uses all drone footage.  As it a film, what category shall I place it in?

Choose what your footage is comprised of most.

Also, please change your account name asap as it breaks forum rules. (No "DJI" in your name)
2017-7-10
Use props
BUBBLE-B
New
Flight distance : 43481 ft

Japan

Hello. I want submit video for contest, so I push "JOIN NOW" button, but change nothing.
Please help me to submit video for contest.
2017-7-10
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

I have tried every  thing 3 times. Direct from my computer x 3 . YouTube x3.  The Snow Spirits
2017-7-14
Use props
MartyBrindy
New
Australia

Same its not working for me anymore. I uploaded one to the contest which worked fine, but now its not working :O. I press Join Now, select the right category, upload it, select publish and it appears on my uploaded content bit, but doesnt submit to the contest, as it doesnt show up in My Work area. :/
2017-7-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules