Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Stress Cracks in 5 week old P4P
2289 16 2017-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dancopter
First Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I was cleaning some dust off my P4P today and noticed big cracks right through the lower shell on both rear arms.

Only 5 weeks old so pretty gutted about this. I guess the only solution is to replace the lower shell? Or easier to just use some kind of glue?

There is quite a bit of flex in both cracked arms so it's not just cosmetic and are a little nervous about flying it in this state.

I have had no crashes, hard landings or similar.

2017-6-6
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

I would certainly want to replace the whole shell. The place where I got my P4P does it for the equivalent of 180 USD, VAT included (25% here) I suppose if you send it back to DJI to be repaired -NOT substituted- You could have it done under warranty or Refresh... but better check it out with them.
2017-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That doesn't look like a stress crack , it looks like it had an accident, I haven't seen many stress cracks in P4Pro.
2017-6-6
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are many reports online about stress cracks. Most seem to appear on the landing gear and right around the motors. I have seen one other report of cracks near the vents like with this one though. If that's not covered by some sort of warranty for normal use, that's unfortunate.
2017-6-6
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-6-6 08:23
I would certainly want to replace the whole shell. The place where I got my P4P does it for the equivalent of 180 USD, VAT included (25% here) I suppose if you send it back to DJI to be repaired -NOT substituted- You could have it done under warranty or Refresh... but better check it out with them.

Unfortunately no DJI service centre where I live (Dubai). It's through an official reseller (owned by Amazon) though, and they have agreed to return it for repair. Hopefully it is covered under the warranty.
2017-6-7
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-6 10:35
That doesn't look like a stress crack , it looks like it had an accident, I haven't seen many stress cracks in P4Pro.

No crash, the rest of the aircraft is spotless. My other P4P has no stress cracks either.
2017-6-7
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-6-6 15:12
There are many reports online about stress cracks. Most seem to appear on the landing gear and right around the motors. I have seen one other report of cracks near the vents like with this one though. If that's not covered by some sort of warranty for normal use, that's unfortunate.

I have seen cracks online in the P3's, but didn't realise that P4 were affected too. I hand catch when landing, so my landing gear are in good nick. Hopefully it can be repaired, regardless if the warranty covers it, fingers crossed anyway.
2017-6-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

dancopter Posted at 2017-6-7 03:12
No crash, the rest of the aircraft is spotless. My other P4P has no stress cracks either.

It just looks very brittle more serious than stress cracks I've seen before. I do think they will have to replace/repair as a warranty .
Good luck.
2017-6-7
Use props
fans2979f8b4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296896 ft
United States

I have a p3pro never crashed and I too have STRESS CRACKS probally from strong winds and fast decends i was told by DJI..
Yes this could be but thats NORMAL use. My p3pro was only 1 month old..after dealing with dji support i buoght my new shell thur Amz for 50 bucks. Definitely a better mix in the chems used to make shell..once old one was off u could tell from inside
..i suggest i quick look inside ...mine as u can c in pic started in center top and out to end of 1 arm around motor
1497061065561-294553636.jpg
2017-6-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans2979f8b4 Posted at 2017-6-9 18:19
I have a p3pro never crashed and I too have STRESS CRACKS probally from strong winds and fast decends i was told by DJI..
Yes this could be but thats NORMAL use. My p3pro was only 1 month old..after dealing with dji support i buoght my new shell thur Amz for 50 bucks. Definitely a better mix in the chems used to make shell..once old one was off u could tell from inside
..i suggest i quick look inside ...mine as u can c in pic started in center top and out to end of 1 arm around motor

I don't know if that is the photo you intended to post, but there is no crack visible in that shot.
2017-6-9
Use props
useref03683554
New
Flight distance : 874104 ft
Thailand

I have the same issues can you share pictures with me my shop is trying to say something put presure in my case . Wmburtt1955@aol.com
2017-6-9
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
China

that main post crack looks more like a damage inside bag. yesterday i saw my friends child jumping up and down on another friends P4 bag.
2017-6-9
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
China

dont get me wrong. of course it could be stress crack too.
2017-6-9
Use props
fans2979f8b4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296896 ft
United States

Sorry the crack had super glue applied to stop crack from spreading.. so does this pic of arm by motor
14971192530191884402158.jpg
2017-6-10
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Just an update. The warranty under the authorized reseller does not cover 'physical damage', so looks like I am screwed.
2017-6-11
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

dancopter Posted at 2017-6-11 03:33
Just an update. The warranty under the authorized reseller does not cover 'physical damage', so looks like I am screwed.

That is not "physical damage", it is a "manufacturing defect" which is covered under warrantee.

If it had been crashed enough to cause that then the upper part of the case would also be damaged, plus the plastic normally bends or crumples rather than snapping.  There have been a number of recent shells with cracks, presumably due to a bad mix of plastic or incorrect temperatures during moulding, DJI know that there have been problems recently so should except a warrantee claim if you can speak to the right person, they probably just need to check the serial number to see if it was one of the problem batch.

2017-6-11
Use props
st pauli
Second Officer

United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-6-11 03:40
That is not "physical damage", it is a "manufacturing defect" which is covered under warrantee.

If it had been crashed enough to cause that then the upper part of the case would also be damaged, plus the plastic normally bends or crumples rather than snapping.  There have been a number of recent shells with cracks, presumably due to a bad mix of plastic or incorrect temperatures during moulding, DJI know that there have been problems recently so should except a warrantee claim if you can speak to the right person, they probably just need to check the serial number to see if it was one of the problem batch.

Same crack / defect in the same place as mine. Never crashed or handled rough.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 54&page=1#pid904836
2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules