Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wrong Drone Sent To Me
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BluSkyVue
lvl.1
Flight distance : 443743 ft
United States

I was wondering if anyone else has had these similar issues when getting your DJI product repaired by DJI.

BACKSTORY:

I had a crash where the majority of the damage happened to the gimbal and one stabilizing struts was broken.

On April 16th I issued the repair and shipped it out immediately.

On May 2 DJI acknowledged they received the shipment

(10 day AFTER UPS said it was delivered)

On May 3 things sped up a little (Because they wanted payment)

·      Damage was assessed

·      Quote was sent

·      Payment was received.

On May 12 (9 days later) the unit was repaired.
(Which only took 3 hours, according to the quote)

·      I received an email that my aircraft would be shipped out within 2
business days.

On May 22nd, (10 days later) I contacted support and was like “My drone was fixed 10 days ago, why has it not been shipped?”

·      Later that day it was shipped out

Here is where everything goes sideway.

On May 26th (40 days after I initiated my repair service request) I received my drone…or that is what I though.

Upon opening the box I found someone else drone was sent to me.  I know because the serial number was different, the FAA tag was written with a sharpie on the plastic and it was aircraft was heavily used (abused).  I mean HEAVILY USED.

On May 26th I immediately contact customer support to inform them of this shipping error.  They issue a return RMA/Case Number and assure me that this will be taken care of and my original drone will be sent back to me 2 day shipping.

On June 5th (9 Days Later – 49 days after my initial RMA request) I get a letter from DJI basically saying this is the way it is, you are stuck with this drone, deal with it.  There is no way they can find my original drone.  Which is odd since there is a timeline for the repair process.

Something does not seem right.

I have my drone’s (serial number) registered to my business and am follow ALL the FAA requirement for me to legally fly my drone for commercial purposes.
I am wondering if I need to bring the Atorney General and The Better Business Bureau in on this to get my drone back.

Frustrated

2017-6-6
Use props
ocelot27
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1163894 ft
  • >>>
United States

Join the club - see my post - although doesn't seem like you received my I2 - my FAA tags were real...
There has to be an attourney here - I think a petition is in order to the BBB - or possibly a class action suit - only way DJI will change it's ways.
2017-6-6
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Where is the repair center located? Is it a localised problem or a global issue?
2017-6-6
Use props
snath
Captain
Flight distance : 4803983 ft
  • >>>
United States

I normally take pictures of my Drone before sending it, if you have all the info, send a formal letter (registered) to them to start the process. This will be needed for you to show that you've attempted to have the issue resolved. In the US the center should be in Carson, CA, you should know where you sent the Drone as they should have sent you the info as an RMA is needed before you send it in. I've had numerous challenges with them as well in some cases, had good response on others. It makes no sense that you have to have someone else's drone, that should stand.
2017-6-6
Use props
snath
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I normally take pictures of my Drone before sending it, if you have all the info, send a formal letter (registered) to them to start the process. This will be needed for you to show that you've attempted to have the issue resolved. In the US the center should be in Carson, CA, you should know where you sent the Drone as they should have sent you the info as an RMA is needed before you send it in. I've had numerous challenges with them as well in some cases, had good response on others. It makes no sense that you have to have someone else's drone, that should stand.
2017-6-6
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

You should know that once sent in for service, DJI reserves the right to send you back a refurbished drone, i.e. Probably someone elses repaired one and not yours.  It's in their warranty here:  https://www.dji.com/service/policy#return_policy  See the Part III section in the link or this quote:

Please note that products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance. If any refurbished parts or units do not meet our quality assurance requirements, brand new parts or units will be issued. Any replaced parts may come with different serial numbers.

People have reported losing the Cine licenses in the service replacements too and the need to spend some time to recover them after being replaced or fixed.

2017-6-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for the unpleasant experience, we will replace the drone if it is un-repairable. As for the replacement, it may may not be new, but it will be in good working order. If you could provide the case number, I will look into it with the designated team then make it clear to you. Besides, have you test this drone? May I know its performance?
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

In addition to Thor's post, could you please provide your case number? I'm sorry if the latter was missed elsewhere.
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

snath Posted at 2017-6-6 19:23

Within the last month or so, the North American facility moved to Cerritos.
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-6-6 20:09
You should know that once sent in for service, DJI reserves the right to send you back a refurbished drone, i.e. Probably someone elses repaired one and not yours.  It's in their warranty here:  https://www.dji.com/service/policy#return_policy  See the Part III section in the link or this quote:

√ Please note that products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance. If any refurbished parts or units do not meet our quality assurance requirements, brand new parts or units will be issued. Any replaced parts may come with different serial numbers.

The licenses are generally transferred over in house when issued replacements. Should for any reason your RAW licenses aren't applied, you can email Support the CineCore SN that populates in the Assistant 2 program and they will get that sorted for you.
2017-6-7
Use props
MikeQView
Second Officer
United Kingdom

WOW !  hung by the short and curly's, i would be gutted similar to yourself,  as i know i store my work drones and fun drones and transmitters/screens at  20 to 21 deg C and at 58 to 68% humidity, batteries removed,  all year round, they are wiped down and a general check over before parking,  each one has its own maintenance system.  Now,  i know for sure that many are just put in the garage or left in the car boot/trunk !  if i have to stay over anywhere they come with me into the hotel room,   i would be horrified to receive one of these back in place of my little babies !   
2017-6-8
Use props
SteveDickin
First Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is horrific reading.  For the small minority of us that care about our products such that we treat them respect and prolong their life with basic care, attention and regular maintenance, there are probably masses that absolutely destroy theirs such that they are always in for warranty replacements.  When ours go for warranty repairs then we are bound to get parts that have been disrespected, but some lucky guy gets ours.  DJI warranty is really worrying me when I read crap like this.
2017-6-10
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I agree.  These things have too many small idiosyncrasies that can get overlooked in service and then get passed onto someone else as being fixed or cured.

When I've returned defective drones to Best Buy, I take in the photos to show what the problem is like, say a sensor that is crooked and one side is out of focus compared to the other, or the lens is focused to maybe 3 inches in front of the drone instead of near infinity, or it loses radio link at 300  feet, etc.

What the BB customer service person does is just write "Defective" on the slip and hand me back my photos on what's wrong with the thing.  No doubt it goes back to DJI looking good and a tech may miss those items so the defective item circle begins again if the new owner finds it.  So out goes another bad DJI unit as a replacement/refurb awaiting for the next owner to find the mystery defect buried within it...if they ever do.

I would think the best way to handle it is fix what is broken, and return that individual's drone to them to alleviate a questionable repaired one.  As it is, one has to deal with transferring licenses and registration numbers later on too on the switch.  Imagine taking your white BMW in for service, and getting back a green one owned by someone else.

Actually, I had a gas weed-eater taken in for not starting and I ended up with someone elses by mistake.  The repair shop came back later to get it away from me and I got my old one back, much to my dismay.

2017-6-10
Use props
snath
Captain
  • >>>
United States

SteveDickin Posted at 2017-6-10 05:11
This is horrific reading.  For the small minority of us that care about our products such that we treat them respect and prolong their life with basic care, attention and regular maintenance, there are probably masses that absolutely destroy theirs such that they are always in for warranty replacements.  When ours go for warranty repairs then we are bound to get parts that have been disrespected, but some lucky guy gets ours.  DJI warranty is really worrying me when I read crap like this.

I agree, we should get our equipment back on not someone else's equipment, I also take good care and would hate to see this happen to me. DJI's has a lot of bad habits unfortunately in their repair area and overall customer service.
2017-6-10
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

In Australia as part of our OC for commercial UAV operations we have to provide CASA with the details of the Aircraft including serial number and service history.
Not only does it cause all sorts of unwanted paper work if the Inspire gets swapped instead of repaired but if you get a 2nd hand unit there is no information on the service life of the unit. How can you ever fully trust it.
I feel CASA is already very touchy about DJI  aircraft and the sometimes suspect firmware releases etc. I would hate for them to have an excuse to ban DIJ aircraft for commercial work in Australia.  
I can understand swapping out the unit  if its a warranty repair from DJI's point of view but if your repairing the customers AC and they are paying for it they deserve to get their own AC back not some unknown unit.  
2017-6-11
Use props
BluSkyVue
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-7 15:48
Within the last month or so, the North American facility moved to Cerritos.

April 17th is when I started this headache.  Yes it was shipped to Cerritos.
2017-6-15
Use props
BluSkyVue
lvl.1
United States

I am exhausted with this fight.  After a 2 day battle with a DJI Support manager have been assured that I will have my drone tomorrow AM, but have a feeling it will the the same beat up one that I just sent back.   We will know more tomorrow at 10:30am
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

BluSkyVue Posted at 2017-6-15 13:04
I am exhausted with this fight.  After a 2 day battle with a DJI Support manager have been assured that I will have my drone tomorrow AM, but have a feeling it will the the same beat up one that I just sent back.   We will know more tomorrow at 10:30am

You should have received the tracking information recently.
2017-6-15
Use props
BluSkyVue
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-15 14:35
You should have received the tracking information recently.

Yes, received the tracking info just now.  
2017-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules