Are you satisfied with DJI Go app?
603 2 2017-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

It has been a lot of talk about the reliability of DJI Go app. There are many suggestions about tablets, os version, pre flight procedures to have a reliable and enjoyable flight. Are you satisfied with the app? What needs to be done to provide an easy way to fly without jumping all the hoop? We need to tell DJI what we need from using their app to operate our drone.

1. Are we happy with IOS and Android OS? Should we ask for Windows version given that the app now demands so much computing power/memory and seems to exceed the processing power of the android or ios tablets.
2. Should the apps be broken down to each model, eg Inspire, Osmo, Phamtom. It is getting bloated for people only have one drone. Less is more and reliability can be enhanced.
3. Are there any vital data should be provided by the app to ensure safe flying? I wish it will have sensor to show the wind direction and speed.

Please add any suggestion to improve the functionality of the app.

2017-6-6
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

The is already a sensor that shows wind direction and speed at any altitude you happen to be flying.   Simply switch to atti mode , watch the direction the AC drifts and look at the speed of the AC in the bottom of the Go App.   Works perfect every time.   
2017-6-8
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I suspect GO is getting too big for the current hand-held hardware unless you are running a clean OS and a fast processor.

After reading the UK Daily Mail today on the issues with Samsung and all their "spyware" and apps that are allowed to run in the background (  Samsung devices spying.  ), no wonder none of my Samsungs no longer work with GO 4.  I wondered why the S6 loses 25% of the battery overnight and the ipad is still at 100% in the AM just laying there.   No wonder my S6 can't work with GO 4 anymore with poor implementation of the Samsung/Android OS.

DJI may as well say "The only device that will work with 100% certainty is the iPad Pro and anything else is likely to give you sundry problems like crashing, re-booting, video lag issues, not connecting, etc."  Could be right that you'll need a Mac OS or Windows 10 in the future as GO grows and the hand-helds get more app intrusive.
2017-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules