Gimbal/Motor Issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dewdlebug
New

United States

I have had a "gimbal is disconnected" issue and a "no transmission to camera" issue off and on for some time. Updating the DJI app on my phone fixed it a few times. The craft turns on fine, calibrates and does its thing. Next the camera would go limp and no transmission. The gimbal controls on the remote would not work. All motors would operate and the craft would fly fine, but nor image or camera control. Recently, I have had many issues with my iPhone 6 requiring firmware upgrades to the remote, battery, aircraft, etc within the app. So, I updated to the most recent firmware and still my iPhone says it requires all the firmware upgrades. I researched some more and found that clearing the cache in the DJI app specifically on the iPhone 6 was the issue. So I did and the gimbal and camera functioned fine, had transmission, and the controls worked. Now, on start-up, one motor does not spin and the craft shuts down. Please advise.

2017-6-6
Use props
FlyingSmasher
lvl.2
Germany

Your best bet PM one of the DJI Admin for help! Good luck!
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I just want to make sure I'm on the same page. As of right now, the gimbal will initialize at start up, but the whole aircraft will shut off after attempting to arm the motors and it will only initialize three of those four motors. Is this description correct? If it's not, could you happen to provide a short video of what it's doing? What firmware is currently on the aircraft and RC?
2017-6-6
Use props
T3rdEye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221844 ft
United States

Not trying to hijack Dewdlebug's thread but as I have mentioned before the forum will not allow me to start a new thread..

P3P
App DJI Go – rev. 3.1.5
A/C – rev. 1.10.90+
R/C – rev. 1.8.0

I just received my P3P back from DJI (CAS-616815-D2W5K0) for a repair due to a stress crack.  I am happy with the turn around (6 weeks).
I took my bird out yesterday after IMU, Gimbal and compass calibration and it flew great!

The problem is when I arrived back home and played the SD card I now have the Jello effect.  After researching the forum and google I then put on new balanced blades and new rubber shocks, changed setting from 4K to 1080p but still have it.  Not sure what to try next.  My warrantee will expire this month.  Any suggestions from moderator or the experts on this forum?
2017-6-8
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

T3rdEye Posted at 2017-6-8 11:42
Not trying to hijack Dewdlebug's thread but as I have mentioned before the forum will not allow me to start a new thread..

P3P

Have you got 4 clear anti-drop pins through the rubber shocks, or only the two that you are supposed to have?

Could you describe the steps you are taking to unsuccessfully create a new post?  It should work.
2017-6-9
Use props
T3rdEye
lvl.4
United States

endotherm Posted at 2017-6-9 03:27
Have you got 4 clear anti-drop pins through the rubber shocks, or only the two that you are supposed to have?

Could you describe the steps you are taking to unsuccessfully create a new post?  It should work.

Endotherm,
I have only two clear drop pins. Brand new with four brand new gimbal rubber shocks.

As far as posting a new thread.  As of last January whenever I post a new thread it won't show up in the forum. All previous new threads worked.  There is no problem replying to an existing thread but not being able to post a new one is flustrating.  They show up in my personal home page but not on the forum. I have contacted DJI Joe and other moderators with no success.
2017-6-9
Use props
T3rdEye
lvl.4
United States

Could this ribbon cable cause the vibration on the gimbal?  It looks to be twisted different from others I have seen.

Gimbal Cable.JPG
2017-6-9
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

T3rdEye Posted at 2017-6-9 04:54
Could this ribbon cable cause the vibration on the gimbal?  It looks to be twisted different from others I have seen.

[view_image]

My cable is kind of twisted like that too, but I don't seem to have the jello-effect you are experiencing. I wonder if you try and reset you camera defaults. I had some different issues at one time, and I tried everything I could think of to fix the problem without success. I finally restored the camera to default settings and it cleared up my problem. Just a thought. You definitely shouldn't be seeing what you are seeing. Good luck.
2017-6-9
Use props
T3rdEye
lvl.4
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-6-9 06:44
My cable is kind of twisted like that too, but I don't seem to have the jello-effect you are experiencing. I wonder if you try and reset you camera defaults. I had some different issues at one time, and I tried everything I could think of to fix the problem without success. I finally restored the camera to default settings and it cleared up my problem. Just a thought. You definitely shouldn't be seeing what you are seeing. Good luck.

RicardoGray,
Thank you for the advise.  By default settings do you mean Sharpness, Contrast and Saturation all set to -0?
2017-6-9
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

T3rdEye Posted at 2017-6-9 11:30
RicardoGray,
Thank you for the advise.  By default settings do you mean Sharpness, Contrast and Saturation all set to -0?

Yes and no.......there is an option to reset the camera. I apologize, I am not where I can open the app and look, but it seems there is an option to "reset to default" your camera. It is not just turning everything back to zero on your settings. I do remember doing this but can't tell you exactly where to look. I use android too, so look around and I think you'll see what I am talking about. Sorry man, good luck.
2017-6-9
Use props
T3rdEye
lvl.4
United States

I failed to mention that when received back from repair from DJI the gimbal guard was half attached and the Styrofoam transport support was laying in the bottom of the box.  Could I have an issue with a damaged gimbal?
2017-6-10
Use props
Dewdlebug
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-6 19:04
I just want to make sure I'm on the same page. As of right now, the gimbal will initialize at start up, but the whole aircraft will shut off after attempting to arm the motors and it will only initialize three of those four motors. Is this description correct? If it's not, could you happen to provide a short video of what it's doing? What firmware is currently on the aircraft and RC?

Yes that is correct. The latest firmware I am using is the most current.
2017-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules