Video Settings
4179 12 2017-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Naneki
New
Netherlands

Hi,

I was wondering what settings you guys use. What is the most common setting for Cinematic shots without using ND filters? I'm not using any ND filters.
I've been searching on youtube and stuff, but there are tons of different settings and it makes my head spin haha :p So i was wondering if someone could tell me and show me the most used settings.

Cheers
2017-6-7
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

d cinelike +1 -1 +1 2.7k 30fps awb  i use these settings with or without filters
2017-6-7
Use props
Naneki
New
Netherlands

Im not sure about that. I've seen and i think it's the most reliable video so far. Unfortunately im not able to test it at the moment. Someone experience with these settings? I'm also not sure if he uses filters.
2017-6-7
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

Naneki Posted at 2017-6-7 00:40
Im not sure about that. I've seen this video and i think it's the most reliable video so far. Unfortunately im not able to test it at the moment. Someone experience with these settings? I'm also not sure if he uses filters.

wow thats one of the best tutorial videos I've found so far
2017-6-7
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

That's a fantastic video.  Lots of analysis, not to mention expertise!
2017-6-7
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Wow, that was packed with useful info! Really interesting that the interframe issue is less a problem in 2.7K.

I think the argument for 2.7K being better than 4K was not due to any claimed differences in resolution, but to the suitability of the throughput; IIRC the claim was that 4K really wants 100mbps and the Mavic at 4K can only do 60, and so is compromised more so than 2.7K's throughput of (what, I forget, 45?).

2017-6-7
Use props
Oglo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 181693 ft
Australia

Have various good quality UHD TV screens and pro PC graphic screens for reviewing footage, background in TV commercials.
1. Initially started using no color profile. UHD. 0,0,0. Image didn't look great plus blurry side of image.
2. Switched to 2.7k 1,0,0. Cinelike. Images were better, but not sold on 8 bit 4.2.0 ability to take advantage of the profiles (log or cinelike)
Upgraded to latest firmware (700)
3. Now use UHD 1,0,0. No colour profile and images look amazing with lots of control in Davinci Resolve. Blurry side of image magically disappeared.
Most important thing (mentioned by a Pro photographer in a post) is how absolutely critical it is to control&monitor the EV/histogram to obtain the optimized exposure, recording the absolute maximize dynamic range within the picture without crushing blacks or blowing out highlights. Takes practice and testing to work out what this is... It's the Holy grail of all digital cameras.
It now looks like I need to make shot by shot decision on whether to use the sharpening based on the subject matter. Lots of foliage definitely needs it, buildings/beach maybe not. Like others I'm suspecting it's the compression algorithm that has a huge influence on the quality, not the lens or resolution of the camera.
2017-6-7
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

Funny how many people were at -1-1-1 2K DCINE
Honestly best results (IMO) +1 0 0 4k Normal
2017-6-7
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

So are the Camera settings totally irrespective of FW version,  i have not tried each of the FW versions with each of the settings,   has anybody got that far?
2017-6-7
Use props
Algan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116302 ft
Turkey

+1,-1,-1 D-Cinelike 4k 25fps (pal)
2017-6-7
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

Algan Posted at 2017-6-7 21:40
+1,-1,-1 D-Cinelike 4k 25fps (pal)

any specific reason to select PAL over NTSC which provides higher fps so a little smoother shots?
2017-6-7
Use props
Algan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116302 ft
Turkey

jpap Posted at 2017-6-7 22:36
any specific reason to select PAL over NTSC which provides higher fps so a little smoother shots?

i m in europe. so i choose pal. according to science, your eyes cannot see the difference between 24-25fps or even 30
2017-6-7
Use props
thesandman88
New
France

Sorry to hijack the thread but I could not start a new one.

I've been flying my drone for about two weeks now. The footage looks okay when streaming on my phone (probably because it is small). But once i've uploaded to my PC, it looks so grainy. Anybody know why?

Thanks in advance!
2017-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules