Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flickering, Freezing, G
939 8 2017-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
itsdpmikey
New
United States

I recently purchased my Inspire 2 in early May and it has so far set me back $8000.00. This is my first drone and the experience, unfortunately, hasn't been so great, as I've been having some issues with it. Within the first week, I started to experience this glitchy flickering effect on my videos. I've checked everything such as batteries, connection, wires, and nothing is out of the ordinary. The only thing that I can think of is either internal issues within the drone or camera.

Either way, this is totally unacceptable especially for the amount of money I've paid for this. I need a solution, and a quick one too! I bought this to use for professional shoots and this is useless to me right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ATRKNCIjLQ&feature=youtu.be

2017-6-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you clarify which camera you're using with this set up? Did you notice this right out of the box, or was it after a firmware update or a hard landing? Have you contacted Support about this as well?
2017-6-7
Use props
itsdpmikey
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-7 15:44
Could you clarify which camera you're using with this set up? Did you notice this right out of the box, or was it after a firmware update or a hard landing? Have you contacted Support about this as well?

-I'm using the X5S
- No this did not happen right out of the box, but it got worse every time it updated to a new firmware.
- I've used the technical support chat on the Go4 app and they want me to send it in for a repair which can take a month if not months.

My total package for this whole drone has already cost me over $10,000.00 with the Cendence controller and crystalsky monitor.
2017-6-8
Use props
itsdpmikey
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-7 15:44

- I'm using the X5S
- No this did not happen right out of the box, but it got worse every time it updated to a new firmware.
- I've used the technical support chat on the Go4 app and they want me to send it in for a repair which can take a month if not months.

My total package for this whole drone has already cost me over $10,000.00 with the Cendence controller and crystalsky monitor.
2017-6-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

itsdpmikey Posted at 2017-6-8 01:05
- I'm using the X5S

Did the Support team provide a case number to you for a potential repair service? I can see if it can be escalated, but that's the most that can be done at this time.
2017-6-14
Use props
itsdpmikey
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-14 16:35
Did the Support team provide a case number to you for a potential repair service? I can see if it can be escalated, but that's the most that can be done at this time.

No, I was not given a case number for potential repair service. That is the point, I have spent nearly 10 thousand dollars on this package and all I hear from you guys is "thats the most that can be done at this time". ABSOLUTE GARBAGE service!
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

itsdpmikey Posted at 2017-7-3 17:45
No, I was not given a case number for potential repair service. That is the point, I have spent nearly 10 thousand dollars on this package and all I hear from you guys is "thats the most that can be done at this time". ABSOLUTE GARBAGE service!

We are really sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product and service, we care much about your feedback and will try our best to help you get it addressed. Would you please PM me your email address so that we will confirm with online chat and help you out? Thanks in advance.
2017-7-3
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

itsdpmikey Posted at 2017-7-3 17:45

Is this the video from the camera SD card or SSD?  I was wondering if you were using the video cache from the DJI Go 4 App which is the video steaming file. The reason I ask is the video stream (HD video) from the drone can be choppy from signal interference, being totally unusable,  but the video file that is stored on the SD Card or SSD will be fine....     Just wondering why the quality is so bad...

Hope you get some help soon
Rich
2017-7-3
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Might try and film video with the I2 and X5S sitting on the ground and not moving or flying.   If that video comes out okay, it might be the gimbal connector that caused it via vibration in flight.  Might need a bit of contact cleaner or No-Noise Cleaner as a possible cure on the contacts between the camera and the mount.  Radio Shack used to sell a pair of small aerosol cans that had some really good stuff in them for contacts, if you can find an independent RS store still in business.  They were about $25 a pair.
2017-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules