DJI Customer Service
1275 5 2017-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

I'm going to post this in parts.  I've tried to figure out why it won't post but I'm stumped.  So here is part 1.

This thread is to tell you about my experience with DJI Care Refresh and the repair of my Mavic.  If you want the short version scroll to the end for the TL;DR.  I bought my Mavic on May 11th.  After a few hours I got everything charged and updated.  It flew like a charm and filmed great (especially when I'd remember to tap to focus).  After about a week, I noticed some camera glitches.  I would have some artifacts and jello.  I noticed that the gimbal had come loose from the clamps at some point and slipped it back under which helped with the jello.  On May 20th I took my family to a park and took a bunch of pictures and video.  When I returned home and went to edit the video, I noticed that much of the footage was bad.  It looked scrambled and cut out in many places.  The next day, I had a malfunction from about a 4-foot hover that resulted in the AC flying straight up to the ceiling, despite me pulling down on the left stick, it hit the ceiling, bounced off the wall and dropped to the floor. When I tried the camera, the screen was completely black.  I could switch between video and still but the screen on my phone was black.  I noticed that the gimbal had popped out again.  I put it back.  The Mavic would still fly, the gimbal would move as instructed but there was no picture.

I called DJI on Monday the 21st and was on hold for 45 minutes.  The rep transferred me to a tech who, after asking a few questions, told me to send in the drone.  I was told I would get a shipping label between 1-2 days.  I was very happy when the label came within 20 minutes.  I dropped the package off at UPS on Tuesday May 23rd.  UPS ground time between Florida and California was 5 working days I was told.  I was able to track the package for 1 day, from here to Jacksonville then there were no more updates.  So from Wednesday May 24, I had no updates other than a note that said "In Transit package to be delivered on May 31st".  On the 30th the note changed to Scheduled delivery information not available at this time.  This worried me so I called UPS who told me they dropped the package off on May 30.  I waited a few hours after the early morning delivery and allowed for the time difference between FL and CA.  When I called DJI they told me they didn't have my Mavic.  UPS told me that it was delivered.  Now I was worried.  The next day I called UPS again.  They now told me that they still had the package and it would be delivered on May 31st..HUH?  On the 31st UPS showed it as delivered at 10:00 am.  DJI showed it as in transit.  I PMed DJI Mindy and DJI James but got no response from the PMs.  

2017-6-7
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

On June 1st, I called DJI as soon as they opened.  To my surprise, I was connected right away.  I was put on a brief hold while the rep checked the status.  They came back and told me that it was there and waiting to be checked out, a 3-5 business day process.  I inquired about expedited shipping and offered to pay so I could get it back in time for an upcoming trip.  As soon as I got off the phone, I got an email stating that they were conducting a damage check.  According to the website, this is supposed to be a 1-3 working day process.  At this point, I wasn't sure who was right.
2017-6-7
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

The next day Friday June 2nd, I sent a P.M. to DJI Natalia.  I didn't get a response right away, but my case was moved up within 2 hours to: evaluated.  The invoice stated that my Mavic Pro Aircraft & Gimbal needed to be replaced for: $696.00  My costwould be $79 due to Care Refresh.  I was so excited that there was a chance I'd be getting my Mavic back, I didn't even think to question the fact that the invoice was for the whole amount as if the aircraft was totally destroyed.  I immediately paid the $79.  I would later find out that I was supposed to tell them at this point to check to see if it was a warranty issue or my fault.  So far, I was very happy with the customer service.  I called DJI and after a VERY short wait again inquired about expedited shipping.  A rep named Joy told me that expedited shipping was approved and I would be getting a confirmation for shipping within 48 hours.  
2017-6-7
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

Yesterday, Monday June 5th, Natalia replied in my thread.  She apologized and asked if there was anything else she could do to help.  I was expecting shipping soon and was very happy so far.  I called DJI at 9:00 am PST and after a 35-minute wait, I was told that my Mavic was being replaced (which I knew), that the Mavic would be shipping "soon" with expedited shipping and to watch for an email.  I asked if I was getting a new or a factory refurbished and was told yes.  I tried to explain that I wanted to know which one I was getting and was told that it was the same thing.   
I waited patiently for about 4 hours for an email that never came.

Up until now, I'd have to say that I was very happy with DJI Customer Service.  After not getting an email, I called at 1:15 PST to see what was going on.  I wasn't sure what shipping I'd get or if it would even be going out that day because it was getting late.  After 45 minutes on hold, I was connected to a rep.  I'm not sure of his name.  I told him I had 2 questions.   He told me that my Mavic was being replaced and it would be shipping out in 5-8 business days.  When I told him about the earlier rep saying it would ship today he stated that they were wrong.  5-8 business days were procedure.  I told him I'd like to speak to a supervisor.  He asked me why.  I explained about being promised sipping today.  He again told me it wasn't happening.  I asked again to speak to a supervisor.  When he started talking over me I stopped him and said, "I'd like to speak to a supervisor'.  He replied in what sounded like a very condescending manner, "I understand that you'd like to speak to a supervisor...".  I lost it and very angrily demanded to speak to a supervisor NOW.  

I was put on hold.  After hearing that I was customer number 6 in the cue, I thought I was just being transferred to another rep.  15 minutes later, to my surprise, I was connected to a supervisor named Anthony.  He listened, apologized and said he'd look into it.  I was on a brief hold.  Anthony came back and told me that a NEW Mavic would be shipped out by the end of the day and that he'd call me to check up on it.  An hour later, I was sent an email confirming shipment of a drone through UPS Next Day Air.  The serial number of the drone indicates that it was manufactured in October 2016 so I'm not sure if it is brand new.  Either way, I was grateful to get a Mavic back.  It was delivered this morning at 10:20 EST.  I can't wait to get home and open the package.  

I'm so grateful to all of the helpful DJI employees who helped me: Joy, DJI Natalia and especially Anthony!  Beginning to end the process was 2 weeks.  This was 10 working days.  I'm very impressed.  I'm not so sure it would've gone so smoothly had I not stayed on top of things but we'll never know.

TL;DR Sent in drone for repair.  Supposedly new Mavic returned 2 weeks later with constant monitoring on my part.
2017-6-7
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

Last night, I unpacked my (new) drone.  The firmware updated quickly.  I had to wait 2 hours for the rain to stop to test.  The new Mavic flies great.  The video looked good.  The flight records were way off.  I flew up to 200 feet, yet it said my top altitude was 72 ft.  Also, I flew 2 batteries until they were dead and the recorded flight times were under 5 minutes.  I'll have to check again to see if the problem replicates.  I also purchased Litchi.  It doesn't play well with DJI GO 4 on my Samsung.  I even made it  the default after checking out the AC but I couldn't get it to work.  I was so happy to be flying again.  I figured that was a problem to tackle on another day.

2017-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We apologize sincerely for the episode about our agent, but appreciate your positive feedback very much,  hope you enjoy it and have a good time on flying.
Please try to use mobile device in our compatible list for safe flight. We will keep improving to provide you more professional service, should you have any other problems, please contact us any time, we'd love to help.
2017-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules