Poll: Image Transmission State
2000 11 2017-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

What setting do you choose at Image Transmission State?

I use regular mode because i see a big speed there
Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 2 entry optional ), Total 55 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

82.14% (46)
16.07% (9)
1.79% (1)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-6-7
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Same here. I use regular.
2017-6-8
Use props
DJIOeri
lvl.2
United Kingdom

uuuhh.. Image transmission?
2017-6-8
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

So this poll, its bandwidth determinations, and my testing has shown that I really don't understand what's going on here.

I always understood that Regular Mode (called Normal Mode on iOS) was the lowest bandwidth consumer of the three options, but I see now that is not the case. HD and Smooth Modes both place constraints on resolution and/or frame rates, so I assume the two modes incur greater loads on the Mavic CPU, but what, exactly do they do?

HD provides a larger dimensioned mp4 output but uses a lower throughput, is it spending more of that CPU load to better compress the stream?

What does Smooth Mode provide?

2017-6-8
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Romania

never tested hd mode and smooth mode, but i think its better quality but  more of that CPU load for the phone/tablet and the bird
2017-6-8
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-6-8 12:28
So this poll, its bandwidth determinations, and my testing has shown that I really don't understand what's going on here.

I always understood that Regular Mode (called Normal Mode on iOS) was the lowest bandwidth consumer of the three options, but I see now that is not the case. HD and Smooth Modes both place constraints on resolution and/or frame rates, so I assume the two modes incur greater loads on the Mavic CPU, but what, exactly do they do?

Smooth mode provides better framerate on the Stream
2017-6-8
Use props
VMav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76814 ft
United States

I think regular mode should have less bit rate then HD mode.  How did you get those numbers?
2017-6-8
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Romania

select that modes and you will see down below the transmission speed on each mode
2017-6-8
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Tealk Posted at 2017-6-8 21:14
select that modes and you will see down below the transmission speed on each mode

The data rates are variable, content dependent; in my testing I looked at the speed while waving the Mavic around, but HD was consistently way lower than either Smooth or Normal.
2017-6-9
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

AndyP. Posted at 2017-6-8 20:24
Smooth mode provides better framerate on the Stream

That's what I assumed, but I couldn't tell a difference. It would be nice if this was officially documented somewhere.
2017-6-9
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Romania

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-6-9 06:06
That's what I assumed, but I couldn't tell a difference. It would be nice if this was officially documented somewhere.

DJI Go does not have a complete manual, I've been looking for details but I have not found it
2017-6-9
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

I use the default have never had an issue, vid is very fluid, but dont have goggles
2017-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules