Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware for Phantom 4 Pro Has Been Released. (V 01.04.0602)
41625 238 2017-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nelsonlee
Captain
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Drone Lady Posted at 2017-6-30 10:27
They didn't force this update?  Not arguing with you, just curious.  My message said if I don't upgrade my drone would only fly up to 30 meters and go 50 meters away from me.  Did I misunderstand the message?

Not meant that, they mean after update you need to login your dji go 4 before take to fly.
Btw our dji go 4 app is already login before and never sign-out so won't affect the range.  
2017-6-30
Use props
Drone Lady
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4780 ft
Canada

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-6-30 10:35
Not meant that, they mean after update you need to login your dji go 4 before take to fly.
Btw our dji go 4 app is already login before and never sign-out so won't affect the range.

Wow!  Big mistake on my part!  Thanks for explaining it.
2017-6-30
Use props
Nelsonlee
Captain
  • >>>
Malaysia

Drone Lady Posted at 2017-6-30 10:52
Wow!  Big mistake on my part!  Thanks for explaining it.

969341a91816bf6f94c0134e3b00e795_emoticon-smileys-and-happy-on-thumbs-up-clipart.png
2017-6-30
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Drone Lady Posted at 2017-6-30 10:27
They didn't force this update?  Not arguing with you, just curious.  My message said if I don't upgrade my drone would only fly up to 30 meters and go 50 meters away from me.  Did I misunderstand the message?

The message read that if you install the new firmware it would only fly up to those distances if it doesn't have communication with the DJI app..  This is where the misunderstanding is. The new firmware looks for the DJI GO app linked up to the controller.
2017-6-30
Use props
Drone Lady
lvl.1
Canada

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-6-30 11:30
The message read that if you install the new firmware it would only fly up to those distances if it doesn't have communication with the DJI app..  This is where the misunderstanding is. The new firmware looks for the DJI GO app linked up to the controller.

Thanks!  Next time I'll be sure to read more carefully.  If I hadn't been so hasty, I would not have updated so quickly and found myself in the mess I was in.  I always wait to hear how things are going.  All has been resolved now and my wasted 4 hours is history.  Thanks again for the clarification .
2017-6-30
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
United States

Drone Lady Posted at 2017-6-30 11:37
Thanks!  Next time I'll be sure to read more carefully.  If I hadn't been so hasty, I would not have updated so quickly and found myself in the mess I was in.  I always wait to hear how things are going.  All has been resolved now and my wasted 4 hours is history.  Thanks again for the clarification .

You should notice the gimbal  holds it's level a lot better now.. It was worth the update to me..
2017-6-30
Use props
fansc629d008
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-30
Use props
Tzz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81421 ft
Romania

Hello,

please someone to help me..

I want to make a downgrade for firmware - phantom 4 pro..now I have V01.04.0602...and this not work ok

but I have in my list only this firmware..from where I can download an old version and how can I install this..

Regards,

Adrian
2017-7-1
Use props
mickspawn
lvl.3
Australia

how bout you morons open up tech support on weekends when you release new firmware updates that completely screw up people who work on weekends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-7-1
Use props
Catina Airwing
New
Australia

Activated AC this morning. Had no choice but to update to this new firmware and had all the problems discussed below. Very poor update instructions to not include the info in the firmware update notes re doing the controller first. NOT HAPPY & a poor start to the DJI experience!
2017-7-1
Use props
fansf5b28882
New
United States

I live in a small town in a quiet neighborhood and I went through the process to get a verification code, I'm logged into dji go app and as far as the map that you point out where you are getting flight verification goes it doesn't have a green or yellow bubble ....why is both my mavic and my p4p only aloud to go 30 meters ?
2017-7-1
Use props
Drone Lady
lvl.1
Canada

Tzz Posted at 2017-7-1 05:04
Hello,

please someone to help me..

Me too!  I need to know how to downgrade please!
2017-7-2
Use props
Nelsonlee
Captain
  • >>>
Malaysia

Drone Lady Posted at 2017-7-2 13:37
Me too!  I need to know how to downgrade please!

We can't downgrade the firmware anymore cause DJI has removed all the previous firmware version from their server!

What we can do now is just wait for the new release firmware to solve our issues.

{:4_157:}{:4_157:}{:4_157:}
2017-7-2
Use props
Ccess16
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20023 ft
New Zealand

Eaglewood Films Posted at 2017-6-8 02:14
Got my signal back by manually relinking the RC and the drone. Thought I'd share if others come across the same problem.

When you say you manually linked the RC and the drone are you talking about connecting the usb to the rc and the other end to the drone?

I have no video feed or connection between my P4P and the RC. Got it three weeks ago and updated the firmware and killed it so never even got it in the air yet. Is there a fix yet because #k is a bit of coin for a non flying drone
2017-7-3
Use props
Ccess16
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20023 ft
New Zealand

Ccess16 Posted at 2017-7-3 21:12
When you say you manually linked the RC and the drone are you talking about connecting the usb to the rc and the other end to the drone?

I have no video feed or connection between my P4P and the RC. Got it three weeks ago and updated the firmware and killed it so never even got it in the air yet. Is there a fix yet because #k is a bit of coin for a non flying drone

So I fixed my problem after a few patient hours reading forums and trial and error. I ended up updating my drone from the DJI Go app directly then restart the drone and remote, plug the app into the phone without restarting the done and the remote upgrade kicks in from the FPV screen and hey presto I have my video link back. It's almost 2 am so I will take it out in the am and check it is working...pretty happy now!!!
2017-7-4
Use props
P4P Jim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3130 ft
United States

Ccess16 Posted at 2017-7-3 21:12

I would return it if it was only 3 weeks. Unfortunately I'm out at 2.1 months.
2017-7-5
Use props
roland fly-boy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 733402 ft
United States

Drone Lady Posted at 2017-6-30 10:01
You can hook it up to the Assistant 2 on your computer.  It will tell you what version you have and it will tell you if you need to update or not.

Thank you.
2017-7-6
Use props
fans4e9ced1b
New
United States

This firmware is garbage. First time I loaded it I started getting constant gimbal overload errors IN FLIGHT, then the gimbal just completely stopped working entirely. I was still within my return window with BB (45 days for me), flew and worked fine for a month before. So I exchanged it basically thinking I got lucky that the gimbal seemed to die before my return window was up.

New one, updated firmware out of the box as the setup suggests and camera image was either greyed out or garbled and seemed to be rotating between the two. Called DJI support and they said I would need to send it in to them. So, I exchanged it AGAIN at BB. This time though, I verified, gimbal and camera work fine. Did the firmware update to 01.04.0602 and BAM! Garbled camera again.

Having to revert back to previous firmware and hoping it works.
2017-7-6
Use props
sdgmcdon
New
United States

217#
This firmware is garbage. First time I loaded it I started getting constant gimbal overload errors IN FLIGHT, then the gimbal just completely stopped working entirely. I was still within my return window with BB (45 days for me), flew and worked fine for a month before. So I exchanged it basically thinking I got lucky that the gimbal seemed to die before my return window was up.

New one, updated firmware out of the box as the setup suggests and camera image was either greyed out or garbled and seemed to be rotating between the two. Called DJI support and they said I would need to send it in to them. So, I exchanged it AGAIN at BB. This time though, I verified, gimbal and camera work fine. Did the firmware update to 01.04.0602 and BAM! Garbled camera again.

Having to revert back to previous firmware and hoping it works.
2017-7-6
Use props
darkson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 247913 ft
Fiji

Sobey1 Posted at 2017-6-8 16:35
I am with you there buddy........its all over Facebook on nearly every DJI page.

People that never update their Go apps that have tried to update FW and now have their drones restricted (i have seen afew) trying to blame dji for not giving notice.......it was everywhere.

so wheres the link to the update package? i have limited or no internet here in the jungle and im grounded losing money. tell me again about DJI?
2017-7-20
Use props
pat_L
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-23
Use props
Flightstream
New
Australia

I had the Remote with Video cutting in and out also, was freaking out. Tried the Assistant 2 for updating the P4P, DONE. and then the RC, But it only lets you restore defaults not update firmware on the RC. I was tapping in the options menu on the phone screen. that was the wrong area. On the monitor/ipad/phone I realised you have to tap on the "colour bar" in the top left that says "Disconnected" then got into Aircraft Status.  I did not realise that doing that opened up the main menu.  I was only tapping on the Right side menu.

1: Turned on controller and open DJI GO APP
2: Turned on P4P (not entirely sure this is necessary)
3: Tap on Disconnected title or WEAK SIGNAL or whatever it says on LEFT of screen. (mine kept toggling)
4: This brings up "Overall status" (this is where you want to check)
5: it will then let you know if RC Needs a firmware update and can be done through the smart device/ipad/phone. CLick on firmware update
6: RC will beep a whole lot as it downloads, then installs firmware, only takes 3 or so mins. (make a cup of tea)
7: HOORAY solid connection and FPV feed

only took me nearly  half a day to figure out #NoobDJIuser. Time to fly!
2017-7-25
Use props
capbat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RuSchristian Posted at 2017-6-8 08:08
Thought so too. Rebinding the remote controller to the aircraft solved that problem. Rebind by clicking on the rc symbol in the app and clicking the led between the micro sd slot and the usb port of the aircraft.

My steps where:

Reading DJI Notes
"If you are updating via DJI GO 4, make sure you update the aircraft but only after restarting the updated remote controller. Otherwise, there will be an error in the progress bar of the aircraft update."
The way I read this, but I do admit it is confusing, is that we have to update the Remote Controller and restart it BEFORE we update the aircraft.
My2Cents.
2017-8-5
Use props
djiuser_duybPBO
New
Flight distance : 400381 ft
Indonesia

fansa16907d0 Posted at 2017-6-12 10:25
i update yesterday my drone after i received announcement to do it.Everything was ok,succes installed but now my camera us not working and is  flickering green red with bad quality !What´s going on DJI?I always made your firmware updates,always was successful but now appear this issue!Shame

Had the same issue but after update of RC all was OK.
2017-8-6
Use props
fans872ef037
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1286 ft
United States

I just got pro4 plus today should i update firmware ive never turned it on so its new
2017-8-21
Use props
erick.will
lvl.1
Brazil

@DJI

Dear DJI support/staff,

I'd like to know about when a new firmware for P4P gonna be released.
Also, I'd like to suggest to create a datasheet and publish somewhere here in your website with forecast for new firmware releases.

Thanks
2017-8-25
Use props
Dublinphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1033222 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, I've just finished reading this entire thread from start to finish. Im still reluctant to update the firmware. I did update the RC firmware but not the drone itself. Now it flies fine but loses signal/weak signal after about 300 meters. Im not sure if the RC firmware being updated and the Drone not updated is a bad idea?? Maybe that is why I am getting short range??
I'll revert back the rc firmware and try again later.
2017-8-29
Use props
Dublinphantom
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

On another note, from what I have read, can someone please just confirm.. these steps.

1. charge up everything to full
2. update rc firmware via GO4 app.
3  turn off remote. restart.
4. run drone firmware update.
5. re-link AC&RC

after that all should be done without any glitches??

For all of you who have done it exactly that way, has anyone had any problems since.
this is my biggest question.. this is apparently the right way to do it. If its done any other way, it may give the issues everyone is talking about.
Has anyone had any issues or problems after doing it all the correct way from the beginning as in these steps I outlined??
2017-8-29
Use props
Dublinphantom
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Dublinphantom Posted at 2017-8-29 03:57
On another note, from what I have read, can someone please just confirm.. these steps.

1. charge up everything to full

Update:
After updating the rc and not being able roll it back I ended up doing the update for the drone through dji assistant.
I was expecting issues after but everything went smoothly and I did a little flight test in the dark and everything so far seems good. No video issues. No link issues etc. I have yet to test in the daylight and do a range test.
I think maybe the key thing is do the rc first, then the aircraft. They do say that on their site. I see from the posts here a lot of people are not doing that. I believe it's very important for it all to go smoothly.
The update reached 100%. Camera was connected afterwards. No gimbal noises. No relink to rc required. Needless to say I was happy.
After the update when I restarted everything it asked me to update the no fly zones but I didn't say yes to that. I'll read a little more into that before I do it.
Follow the steps I outlined in my last post and I think it should be fine for people.
2017-8-29
Use props
fans7033a160
New
United States

You know what really sucks..................   Is the fact that so many have had issues here and I see NADA response back from DJI!    I myself also had issues during the upgrade process but was able to work them out.  I did in fact send an e-mail to DJI but never got any reply.   Just FYI..................   I did the firmware upgrades to both my drone and rc unit, ran both programs DJI Go for P4 and Litchi and then took a test flight only using the Litchi app and had NO problems!  If some of you don't know by now, Letchi is well worth the $$.  By no means is this a promo..............  I just hate to see folks loose their hobby over stupidly.   That is all.......
2017-9-18
Use props
FlyFisher56
New
Flight distance : 34009 ft
United States

After updating, I can't find where to calibrate the compass. Status says the compass is normal. Where did it go?
2017-10-9
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really hate how DJI's changelogs are extremely lacking in detail. I really want to see DJI's phantom firmware team put more effort into their changelogs, rather than just giving us basic info. And FFS please give us info on what stability or just issues in general have been fixed, it's always "optimized this", "updated that". I have yet to see a firmware changelog that even remotely talks about specific issues how if they were fixed.
eg:
-fixed camera issue
-fixed gimbal issue that would cause blah blah blah.
-updated no-fly-zone management
2017-10-10
Use props
FlyFisher56
New
Flight distance : 34009 ft
United States

FlyFisher56 Posted at 2017-10-9 11:18
After updating, I can't find where to calibrate the compass. Status says the compass is normal. Where did it go?

Just as I wrote this, another release occurred which fixed it. Why can't they remember something as simple as the compass. Wish it was Apple instead of DJI
2017-10-11
Use props
fans7cf1184b
New
Russia

Hi there! I am new owner of P4P and I have problem with update drone firmware. When I connect my iPhone, as shown in DJI GO 4 app, nothing happens. I see that new version is available, then I try to update, I connect iPhone with USB OTG cable and nothing happens. I try another android phone and have no luck. Updating via DJI Assistant 2 from PC stucks on 100% and no finish update.  Please can you help me?
2017-11-9
Use props
ChoiceGrapX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 641677 ft
Poland

Seems there are many that are reluctant to update including me. Several months ago I did update and lost video feed to my tablet and I rolled back to previous firmware using the DJI assistant software. Trouble is I could fly but always had issues with controller claiming firmware upgrades required. I  finally made the jump to the updates just to find out the controller needed to be updated as well. Never really got any notification about this even after speaking with tech guy from DJI. Come on guys this is not rocket science find a way of giving good intell. Anyway I'm up and flying with current firmware update for both Craft and Controller works well.
2017-11-10
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
United States

fans7cf1184b Posted at 2017-11-9 16:50
Hi there! I am new owner of P4P and I have problem with update drone firmware. When I connect my iPhone, as shown in DJI GO 4 app, nothing happens. I see that new version is available, then I try to update, I connect iPhone with USB OTG cable and nothing happens. I try another android phone and have no luck. Updating via DJI Assistant 2 from PC stucks on 100% and no finish update.  Please can you help me?

So you have tried it without the SD card too and no luck.. Can someone here help this pilot? Please? If you have tried both methods and it doesn't work I am at a loss..
2017-11-12
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

fans7cf1184b Posted at 2017-11-9 16:50

Try to update the P4Pro via the Assistant 2 software again. It will eventually go through.
The RC (not the + version) needs to be updated by connecting it to your phone. You don't need the drone turned on. When you open the app, it should recognise that you have a P4P connected. If it does then it will prompt you if there is updated firmware and you can just follow the prompts to do the update. If your phone is not connecting to the app then you may have to try another cable or delete and reinstall the app.
2017-11-12
Use props
fans7cf1184b
New
Russia

I try many times to update P4P via assistant 2, and no luck. The RC update no problem via DJI GO 4, but the drone can`t update via DJI GO 4 or via Assistant 2 anyway (((( .
2017-11-15
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

are there gonna be any new updates for the P4P+, havent seen any updates lately?
2017-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules