Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MAVIC NEW FIRWARE 01.03.0800
1234Next >
15102 131 2017-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SashaSWISS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1534478 ft
Switzerland

new Rules when not on DJI GO APP

http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2017-6-8
Use props
larsvonhierblau
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95138 ft
China

Yeah and according to the document it is now necessary to update till the end of the month. Cause i am living currently in shanghai i checked it and the NFZ (Airport Zones) are at least in china a way bigger than before
2017-6-8
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

Don’t explain what happens if people don’t have a device to use with aircraft. Or whether with no cellular connection that the restrictions are in force. Maybe someone can pipe up on what happens with this situation.
2017-6-8
Use props
SeaComms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568222 ft
Australia

I don't see anything about having to update by the end of the month - what document are you reading?

And yes it does explain what happens if you don't have a device to connect - it is restricted to 30m high and 50m distance.  You need to have it connected to DJI Go4 or any compatible app (I would assume like Litchi)
2017-6-8
Use props
larsvonhierblau
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95138 ft
China

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-6-8
Use props
jpap
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

I am wondering what kind if improvement should we expect on the image quality.
2017-6-8
Use props
SeaComms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568222 ft
Australia

It must be only on the Chinese version as it does not show on the english version.
2017-6-8
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

And if you don't update... Everything stays the same...
2017-6-8
Use props
TroutboyNZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I just checked in the Play store out of intrest and now (my already installed) Dji Go4 latest app - says not compatible with my device???!!! WTF Dji!!! It's an fully compatible and BEEN flying fine Galaxy S7!!!!!  
2017-6-8
Use props
IceCold
lvl.1
United States

How lOng before they Disable flying with your phone on Airplane mOde, and flat out require an active LTE Data Signal ? Even in remote places that have no LTE Data, or in cases where there no Data DJI will start selling "Flight Tokens" meaning you pay money per flight in areas with no LTE Data.
2017-6-8
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh boy here we go again!!!
2017-6-8
Use props
noipego
lvl.4
Greece

what does it mean 'Optimized color shading'? could someone give more info about this?
2017-6-8
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

TroutboyNZ Posted at 2017-6-8 03:41
I just checked in the Play store out of intrest and now (my already installed) Dji Go4 latest app - says not compatible with my device???!!! WTF Dji!!! It's an fully compatible and BEEN flying fine Galaxy S7!!!!!

No stress! Will you miss anything by not upgrading? I'm currently not updating as all is fine for the moment. No need for Day1 updating.
2017-6-8
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

noipego Posted at 2017-6-8 04:06
what does it mean 'Optimized color shading'? could someone give more info about this?

Came to ask about this!!!
2017-6-8
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

I meant if you have no cellular connection. Are you then restricted?
2017-6-8
Use props
Eagle_Eye
First Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Next update will totally ground our MP until we give them flight money......heard of the phrase "Pay for Play"?
2017-6-8
Use props
Jeff7577
First Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

You guys are idiots. They aren't going to sell you the ability to fly.
2017-6-8
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Just updated, no issues and believe it or not the sky did not fall in....lol
2017-6-8
Use props
GreenBhoy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107116 ft
United Kingdom

Can someone comment as to what happens if you DON'T update please?  I'm currently still running .400 on my month old Mavic Pro. I leaned my lesson on my old P3S - updated it and it lost range significantly..

So I was planning on doing nothing currently - is this a risky strategy?
2017-6-8
Use props
hungdang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Harbourside, can you please try this for us:
Fly your Mavic out 100m and 50m high then switch your phone to flight mode or turn of the app, what will happen?

Thanks
2017-6-8
Use props
fans8b49495e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75105 ft
Russia

GreenBhoy Posted at 2017-6-8 04:40
Can someone comment as to what happens if you DON'T update please?  I'm currently still running .400 on my month old Mavic Pro. I leaned my lesson on my old P3S - updated it and it lost range significantly..

It is not, unless you want new features, improvements, not available in .400
I guess, you will still have to update the Go4 app to 4.1.0 soon, as DJI would force you to do it, making previous versions not working. Somebody wrote, this should happen in a month.
Still there is a screenshot after latest FW update, stating that you can downgrade from .800 even with latest GO4 app.

Resume:
You can still choose what FW to use
You will have to update to Go4 App v 4.1.0 and re-login to your account.

Most probably you will have less NFZ limitations on .400 versus .800, but Fixed Wing and Googles support (which are biggest differences) will not be available to you on .400.
2017-6-8
Use props
b0n3
First Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

hungdang Posted at 2017-6-8 04:48
Harbourside, can you please try this for us:
Fly your Mavic out 100m and 50m high then switch your phone to flight mode or turn of the app, what will happen?

Yeh, for me it's also interesting, what will happen if I loose connection with the phone when my mavic 2 km away from me....
2017-6-8
Use props
fans8b49495e
lvl.3
Russia

A lot of misunderstanding around these restrictions, though there is nothing new comparing to Go4 4.1.0 release notes.
You will be restricted only if you're not logged in in the app (GO4 or Litchi or any other compatible), which doesn't require instant connection - only single action to re-login after app update. Or in rare case when you fly without the app at all.

Another thing which is really disappointing - absence of Spark modes. Waited for them to be added so hard! Should we hope for .900 to include them?

P.S. Is there anyone moderating the forum? Once again we are discussing FW update in 2 different threads..
2017-6-8
Use props
Bill in Ohio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TroutboyNZ Posted at 2017-6-8 03:41

I already put dji go4 4.1 on a few days ago and it works fine.  I will update the firmware in just a little bit.
2017-6-8
Use props
fans8b49495e
lvl.3
Russia

b0n3 Posted at 2017-6-8 04:50
Yeh, for me it's also interesting, what will happen if I loose connection with the phone when my mavic 2 km away from me....

Nothing!
Please stop misleading people around and read the release notes carefully. It is required to logged-in, which DOESN'T MEAN it's required to be connected to network while flying.
2017-6-8
Use props
hungdang
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Fans8b49,
Have you updated your Mavic to 800 yet? If you did then can you please test it out then let us know the result
1-Turn on the flight mode in your device then fly out to see if you can fly out more then 50m
2-turn off flight mode (has internet connection) fly out about 200m and 50m high then switch the flight mode on or turn off the app, what will happen?
This will tell us exactly what will happen if we don't have internet when we flying

Many thanks
2017-6-8
Use props
Harbourside
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I will let someone else test that for you
Not flying again till Sunday, but you don't need a phone connected to fly.
Just did a quick test without the phone, Mavic starts up and flies indoors fine, ATTI mode then Optical OK, then went into the garden and got full GPS, no issues.
2017-6-8
Use props
fans8b49495e
lvl.3
Russia

larsvonhierblau Posted at 2017-6-8 02:28
Yeah and according to the document it is now necessary to update till the end of the month. Cause i am living currently in shanghai i checked it and the NFZ (Airport Zones) are at least in china a way bigger than before

What document are you referring to?
2017-6-8
Use props
Pitando
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68284 ft
Sweden

I am wondering what will happen if the Mavic is limited to 50m and 30 in other apps, and using DJIGo the app crach
2017-6-8
Use props
fans8b49495e
lvl.3
Russia

hungdang Posted at 2017-6-8 05:02
Fans8b49,
Have you updated your Mavic to 800 yet? If you did then can you please test it out then let us know the result
1-Turn on the flight mode in your device then fly out to see if you can fly out more then 50m

I will be updating and flying only tomorrow
Though it's really strange why everybody started wondering, what happens if there's no connection of if it suddenly breaks. As far as I read the release notes - nothing will change. There is no requirement to be connected to internet. What required is to use the Go4 App or any other (meaning flying only with remote) and to be logged in your DJI account in the app, which is done once after App update to 4.1.0

That's all! Please stop making false conclusions out of update description.
2017-6-8
Use props
hungdang
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hi fans8b49
Hopefully after you updated, test flying and let us know the result then no one will be confused what the DJI meant
Thanks
2017-6-8
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

GreenBhoy Posted at 2017-6-8 04:40

stay at .400 there nothing to gain. I briefly updated to.550 awhile back and every time I would turn anywhere near the sun my magic would slam on the brakes and start beeping I then instantly downgraded to.400 and I'm staying here till either my magic or myself dies...
2017-6-8
Use props
Mike-PNW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133642 ft
United States

When i power on the mavic and app,It will automatically checks for updates. BUT when i have no internet/data for it to compare DJI serevers with then it will simply ignore and go into ready status.
When all this "you must update" settles down i believe i will be flying with no restrictions.

In other words IMO, no internet , No change.
2017-6-8
Use props
Xman1
Second Officer

United States

fans8b49495e Posted at 2017-6-8 04:49
It is not, unless you want new features, improvements, not available in .400
I guess, you will still have to update the Go4 app to 4.1.0 soon, as DJI would force you to do it, making previous versions not working. Somebody wrote, this should happen in a month.
Still there is a screenshot after latest FW update, stating that you can downgrade from .800 even with latest GO4 app.

Been reading reports of people using Goggles on .0400 just fine so it looks like you can still stay on .0400 and still get FPV mode.

What new features have they added?
2017-6-8
Use props
a_makarovsky
lvl.3
Russia

Xman1 Posted at 2017-6-8 06:11
Been reading reports of people using Goggles on .0400 just fine so it looks like you can still stay on .0400 and still get FPV mode.

What new features have they added?

As per release notes Goggles support was added only in .700.
Can anyone verify it is possible to use them with Mavic .400? If it is, then are all of the tracking modes available?
Also comparing to .400 newer versions are better in terms of:
- having FixedWing mode - added in .600 - relevant if you're interested in it
- opportunity to pair secondary RC - again, if you feel it's relevant to you - added in .600
- better gimbal performance - very subjective and differs for different devices as I get from all conversation during latest months
2017-6-8
Use props
Xman1
Second Officer

United States

a_makarovsky Posted at 2017-6-8 06:19
Can anyone verify it is possible to use them with Mavic .400? If it is, then are all of the tracking modes available?

Yeah, you'd need that for the RC.  I think I remember seeing that.  

Was not impressed with the airplane mode since the props always showed up in shots and the controls were backwards.

My biggest complaint of the new firmwares:  Every firmware since .400, the gimbal is screwed up somehow someway.  Have to correct the horizon with a angle tilt of about 4, which then proceeds to mess up portrait mode which makes its tilt way off.  In .400, it is level to the horizon.  Also, in .400, there is no angle tilt to the gimbal when flying sideways.  It stays level with the horizon.  No other firmware I tried did either of these things properly.  When I was on .700, I saw the gimbal wig out a couple times too for no reason, sitting on a desk.  Looked like it was straining and could overload itself, though it was a somewhat rare event, but then I did not want to test to make sure.  

For me to upgrade, they need to fix the gimbal for one, and the NFZ garbage that can make your drone hit the drink if the app crashes.

I am not sure they can add anything more useful at this point.  As always, fly the firmware you are happy with.  I am happy on .400 for now.
2017-6-8
Use props
jpap
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

Can anyone provide feedback on the optimized image quality?
2017-6-8
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

a_makarovsky Posted at 2017-6-8 06:19

As per release notes Goggles support was added only in .700. Can anyone verify it is possible to use them with Mavic .400?

Yes, I saw the release notes for .700, but the goggles work fine with .400.

If it is, then are all of the tracking modes available?

Yes.
2017-6-8
Use props
a_makarovsky
lvl.3
Russia

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-6-8 06:26
As per release notes Goggles support was added only in .700. Can anyone verify it is possible to use them with Mavic .400?

Yes, I saw the release notes for .700, but the goggles work fine with .400.

That sounds ridiculous I mean I fully trust you and what makes me so surprised is complete misleading by DJI, which made me think I need at least .700 to use Goggles.

Thanks for info)
2017-6-8
Use props
a_makarovsky
lvl.3
Russia

Can anyone, who have already updated, confirm, whether the downgrade to .400 is still available?
2017-6-8
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules