Phone connects to wifi but DJI Go fails to connect
2006 8 2017-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Popuptoaster
New

United Kingdom

Hi guys, I did a search and read through some old posts but they were mostly about the Iphone ap not being ready when the drone was released so i need to find out whats the current situation.

I just got a DJI refurbed Phantom 3 standard, my phone connects to the drones WiFi but the DJI go app won't connect it keeps telling me to plug the USB lead but it shows the wrong RC transmitter, mine does not have a full size USB port as shown in the instructions (yes i have selected the Phnatom 3 Standard from the options).

I have a Cat S60 running Android 6.0.1 so it SHOULD run the ap no problems at all it runs everything else just fine so any suggestions on how to bypass the instructions and get the app to connect wirelessly instead?

Thanks for any help, itching to get flying but if i cant get it set up i'll need to find out within a couple of weeks so i can retunr the drone if its not going to work with my phone.

2017-6-8
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Try to slide on homescreen to the phantom series and choose P3standard. If the Cam bar solid blue then tab on cam.
2017-6-8
Use props
Popuptoaster
New

United Kingdom

I already selected the correct version (as I mentioned in my post).

Found a You tube vid that helped, have to put phone in airplane mode to disable the data connection and then enable WiFi and it connects.

New problem is the app is now warning me of a weak connection and there is no video feed, drone, phone and controller all have full batteries and they are all right next to each other so there should be no reason for a weak signal
2017-6-8
Use props
Popuptoaster
New

United Kingdom

Ok, further update, for some reason calibrating the compass brought everything to life. Annoyingly i don't know why that worked but it seems to have fixed everything, to windy to try flying today will see what tomorrow brings.
2017-6-8
Use props
fans2799eaf7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20249 ft
Croatia

Hello guys, I have problem with Phantom 3 standard and CAT S60 same like you Popuptoaster in first post?
If you have a time can you tell me how to calibrate compass? (Step by step I am beginner with CAT and Phantom too)?
Thanks

2017-6-12
Use props
Peca
lvl.1
Croatia

Hello guys, I have problem with Phantom 3 standard and CAT S60 same like you Popuptoaster in first post? If you have a time can you tell me how to calibrate compass? (Step by step I am beginner with CAT and Phantom too)? Thanks
2017-6-14
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What OS version is in the cat mobile?
The airplane mode could help (interference of the mobile data to WIFI). Enable it. and then switch on the WIFI manually.
2017-6-14
Use props
Cetina Adventur
lvl.1
Croatia

Peterx Posted at 2017-6-14 07:45
What OS version is in the cat mobile?
The airplane mode could help (interference of the mobile data to WIFI). Enable it. and then switch on the WIFI manually.

Thanks I made it.
Before I didnt try airplane mode :-)

THANKS
2017-6-23
Use props
Cetina Adventur
lvl.1
Croatia

Thanks I made it.
Before I didnt try airplane mode :-)

THANKS