Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Scottish highlands
12Next >
9716 64 2017-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rich_g
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120568 ft
United States

Footage from my road trip through Scotland.

2017-6-8
Use props
Fassimone
New
Italy

great job
2017-6-8
Use props
The Doctor
lvl.3
Flight distance : 258186 ft
United Kingdom

Very nice.....shame you didn't catch sight of Nessie!
2017-6-8
Use props
Phlashster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23537 ft
United Kingdom

Awesome footage fella. Love it
2017-6-8
Use props
Axlayer
New
United States

Beautiful footage, Mind posting the camera settings you used? I'm struggling to get half decent footage out of my Mavic and this video looks great.  Thanks.
2017-6-8
Use props
rich_g
lvl.1
United States

Axlayer Posted at 2017-6-8 11:09
Beautiful footage, Mind posting the camera settings you used? I'm struggling to get half decent footage out of my Mavic and this video looks great.  Thanks.

Thanks! I actually just used the default settings in 4k.
2017-6-8
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Wow! Beautiful.
2017-6-8
Use props
lignow
Second Officer
Canada

Excellent Thx.
2017-6-9
Use props
Chris Jude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 853 ft
United States

Super video.  Thanks for posting.
2017-6-9
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I watched this last night, about 3 times.    Beautiful video.  After watching it, I watched several others on Scotland and few were anywhere near as good.  Excellent, just excellent work.
2017-6-9
Use props
rich_g
lvl.1
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-6-9 09:07
I watched this last night, about 3 times.    Beautiful video.  After watching it, I watched several others on Scotland and few were anywhere near as good.  Excellent, just excellent work.

Thanks for the feedback! This was my first drone video and I had a blast making it. Unfortunately I crashed my mavic last week so this will probably be my last video for a while.
2017-6-9
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
United States

If you don't mind telling, how did it happen?
2017-6-9
Use props
PizzaFiend
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1489593 ft
United States

Spectacular! Nice work!
2017-6-9
Use props
mcg Photo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4091 ft
United States

wow.  I need to go back.  It's been 20 years since I was there...
2017-6-9
Use props
rich_g
lvl.1
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-6-9 14:24
If you don't mind telling, how did it happen?

I was hiking in Sedona AZ, out of cell/gps range. Shortly after takeoff the mavic was unresponsive and flew straight into a canyon wall. I'm waiting  to hear back on whether or not it's beyond repair.
2017-6-9
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
United States

Wow.  Sorry to hear.  It doesn't sound right though.  Your phone shouldn't need any coverage at all.  In fact, you should be able to fly with just the remote.  If you have GPS on the Mavic, which I would assume you had, and compass, I would think it would have been fine.  It just doesn't sound right.
2017-6-9
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lots of green, thanks for the tour.
2017-6-10
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Some nice video there. But it also broke every rule in the book when you were flying over Edinburgh.
2017-6-10
Use props
fans9b99b17d
lvl.1
Hong Kong

I also recall the whole Edinburgh city is a NFZ as per CAA drone codes isn't it?
2017-6-10
Use props
Shaun Goodman
lvl.1
Netherlands

I love this but how did you get permission to fly over city?  I'd like to do this where I live.
2017-6-10
Use props
Dronaldo
First Officer
Flight distance : 606601 ft
United States

Great great video.
2017-6-10
Use props
Dronaldo
First Officer
United States

Great great video.  
2017-6-10
Use props
Dronaldo
First Officer
United States

Great great video.  It totally frustrate me that for every good video, it came the scrutinizing questions about how you get the permissions to fly,  how did you fly over people, beatiful but irresponsible etc etc.   Definitely the drone industry needs to work hard in the regulation piece with governments, to be safe, fly safe and get beatiful scenes like this one without feeling a delinquent   
2017-6-10
Use props
Abtin Da Best
lvl.1
United States

Amazing job bro, keep up the good work
2017-6-10
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.4
United States

Very nice flying, footage and edits.  What setups did you use on the camera?  Colors look well thought out, so I am curious if you needed to do much in post, or did you choose perhaps film mode and it was good.  Also, any ND filters on the camera?  Keep doing whatever it is your are doing, cause it looks right to me.

-Rodger
2017-6-10
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dronaldo Posted at 2017-6-10 09:09
Great great video.  It totally frustrate me that for every good video, it came the scrutinizing questions about how you get the permissions to fly,  how did you fly over people, beatiful but irresponsible etc etc.   Definitely the drone industry needs to work hard in the regulation piece with governments, to be safe, fly safe and get beatiful scenes like this one without feeling a delinquent

It's worth pointing out the local rules to those that might not be aware though, the government in the UK regulates where we can fly via the CAA. And in the UK it is a criminal offence to endanger an aircraft. Now there are those that might not be aware of that, so well worth pointing out. I'm sure there would be plenty noise if I started flying round the Whitehouse in Washington DC. It's entirely because of flights over populated areas that the regulations everywhere are tightening up.
2017-6-10
Use props
Blucenturion
lvl.3
Flight distance : 362995 ft
United States

I agree, great effort in the travel involved, and scenes captured; only minor nits concerning gimbal tilt jerkiness and panning judder. These can easily be rectified, I'm sure. Just so you're clear on GPS usage; if you have a GPS signal before takeoff, which is paramount, cell coverage is irrelevant. Therefore, you must not have had. Sorry for your loss, we would love to see more of your videos.
2017-6-10
Use props
lincek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39577 ft
Spain

Good video, but I wonder, did you get permission to overfly Edinburgh?
2017-6-11
Use props
Dutch Sjoerd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1223025 ft
Netherlands

Enjoyed watching this. Keep Up the Good work
2017-6-11
Use props
fansf2f20320
lvl.1
Flight distance : 400 ft
Netherlands

Great footage. Makes me very home sick
2017-6-11
Use props
boostedford
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

wow beautiful
2017-6-11
Use props
cttaylor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203455 ft
Australia

Outstanding!
2017-6-12
Use props
DwoneFlyer
lvl.1

India

Awesome video reminds me of eating haggis and drinking ardbeg on Islay last year.
2017-6-12
Use props
canadahouseboat
New

Canada

Great footage, must have been exciting to watch it after flying.
2017-6-12
Use props
Craignos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4068383 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Some are lucky when they travel, no rain! ;-) One thing: it looks like your clips aren't all at the same frame rate: Kintail plays sort of jumpy, and Loch Ness is fine. Meaning that the Loch Ness clip is set at the same frame rate as your sequence, but not the Kintail clip... have a look! Nice video though!
2017-6-13
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 140315 ft
United States

This sure doesn't look like the footage from a "Beginner".
2017-6-13
Use props
Superbaso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

great images, probably i would have chosen a different music for that epic landscape
2017-6-13
Use props
sundance87
lvl.2
Flight distance : 423848 ft
Switzerland

Great video! I've been on a roadtrip through Scotland and Skye last autumn - what a marvellous piece of land! Wish I already had my Mavic back then.
2017-6-14
Use props
karaemurphy23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9140 ft
United States

Going to Scotland in a few short weeks. Have already been to some of these places but nice to revisit. You captured them beautifully.
2017-6-14
Use props
KeithB
lvl.2
United States

Very nice!  I've been wanting to visit Scotland for a while.  You've captured it beautifully!
2017-6-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules