8728 39 2017-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anthony Link Me
lvl.2
Flight distance : 339475 ft
France

Hello,

I've update my phantom 4 Pro+ today (rc + phantom). And now theres just the gogle map of china.
I've got the +model with the screen on the radio.

Connected to the internet.

Is there something to do to have my country (france ).

thanks
best regards
Anthony
2017-6-8
Use props
Tofifik
New
Flight distance : 39705 ft
Poland

Same problem. Map with chinese symbols, no roads, etc. Poland. When i go to offline maps i got only chinese cities.
2017-6-8
Use props
MSP3
New
Flight distance : 48100 ft
France

Hi,
Same problem as Anthony and Tofifik : Can't access to french maps since today update (RC+Phantom). Only Chinese maps available!
2017-6-8
Use props
zanve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2222415 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Same issue,
2017-6-8
Use props
Anthony Link Me
lvl.2
France

the problem is only on the rc with build in screen. i've got another rc (without screen) with the new firmware and there's the good map.

2017-6-8
Use props
Kwalter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Exactly the same here - and to confirm I do have the inbuilt screen, so it seems to be an issue with the + versions only
2017-6-9
Use props
zanve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2222415 ft
  • >>>
Italy

This problem resolves by reinstalling DJI go 4 from the Settings panel.
2017-6-9
Use props
TTM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81253 ft
Finland

Try to reset controller to factory settings. It fixed my maps after firmware update.
2017-6-9
Use props
BobUnplugged
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

TTM Posted at 2017-6-9 04:31
Try to reset controller to factory settings. It fixed my maps after firmware update.

Same here.  Factory reset fixed it.
2017-6-9
Use props
NKars
lvl.3
Flight distance : 834117 ft
Netherlands

I have a Phantom 4 pro plus.with screen attached

Installed all updates..
Lost the MAP .....
got error.. missing map libraries

Why........?

2017-6-9
Use props
NKars
lvl.3
Netherlands

same here in the Netherlands... blank page
2017-6-9
Use props
NKars
lvl.3
Netherlands

zanve Posted at 2017-6-9 02:16
This problem resolves by reinstalling DJI go 4 from the Settings panel.

please tell us how to do that
2017-6-9
Use props
NKars
lvl.3
Netherlands

BobUnplugged Posted at 2017-6-9 05:08
Same here.  Factory reset fixed it.

How to do that
2017-6-9
Use props
squirrel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72618 ft
United States

Can't get past logon screen and can't get out of logon screen says no network connection
2017-6-9
Use props
Kwalter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

NKars Posted at 2017-6-9 05:13
I have a Phantom 4 pro plus.

Installed all updates..

I can confirm that a factory reset of the controller does fix the problem
I can't say I'm 100% sure exactly what the factory reset does though as I was expecting to have to re-install the latest firmware and re-sync, but I didn't need to
2017-6-9
Use props
Kwalter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

squirrel Posted at 2017-6-9 05:33
Can't get past logon screen and can't get out of logon screen says no network connection

Swipe down from the top of the screen with your finger. This brings down a tab which you can tap to get through to the rest of the settings menu and input your wifi detail
2017-6-9
Use props
MSP38
New
Flight distance : 48100 ft
France

Factory reset fixed the issue: Recovering map. All is OK now.
2017-6-9
Use props
BaDaPpLe
New
Flight distance : 63576 ft
United States

Factory reset fixed the issue.. Phantom 4 pro plus

Thanks guys!
2017-6-9
Use props
picky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279 ft
Philippines

Kwalter Posted at 2017-6-9 05:35
I can't say I'm 100% sure exactly what the factory reset does though as I was expecting to have to re-install the latest firmware and re-sync, but I didn't need to

Hi I have yet to do the update. I may leave it for the time being. Anyway in your comments you mention that you did a factory reset and not do any updates after wards. Are you now running the latest firmware please?
2017-6-9
Use props
NKars
lvl.3
Netherlands

Kwalter Posted at 2017-6-9 05:35

it works for me to..
2017-6-9
Use props
NKars
lvl.3
Netherlands

please check the solution on the page China map
2017-6-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Glad to see that you were able to resolve this issue. Sometimes reinstalling or resetting can be a good work around solutions for many issues that come up.
2017-6-9
Use props
Trickao
New
Flight distance : 869 ft
Brazil

A Went Back tô factory settings and work for me to thank u people
2017-6-9
Use props
RandyHat
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Kwalter Posted at 2017-6-9 05:48
Swipe down from the top of the screen with your finger. This brings down a tab which you can tap to get through to the rest of the settings menu and input your wifi detail

"Swipe down from the top of the screen with your finger. This brings down a tab which you can tap to get through to the rest of the settings menu and input your wifi detail"

Thank you for that tip.  I had the exact same issue after I reset the controller.  It booted to the sign on screen.  I couldn't sign on because I had not established an internet connection.  There is nothing on the screen or in any of the documentation or videos I have seen that references the "swipe down" step.  Did I miss something?  I spent almost an hour in the most convoluted chat session with DJI support trying to resolve this problem.  They had me jumping through all kinds of hoops but NEVER ONCE mentioned the swipe down step to connect to wifi.  They finally told me I would need to send it in for repair.  What inefficient and hopefully unhelpful customer support.
2017-6-9
Use props
Kwalter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

picky Posted at 2017-6-9 06:45
Hi I have yet to do the update. I may leave it for the time being. Anyway in your comments you mention that you did a factory reset and not do any updates after wards. Are you now running the latest firmware please?

It did request a firmware update in the end, and now I'm up to date on transmitter and drone
Now however I keep getting nagged about a data update, which fails every time complaining about no network access. I'm ignoring it for now
2017-6-9
Use props
Anthony Link Me
lvl.2
France

works fine for me to. thank you
2017-6-10
Use props
Ricardopr54
lvl.1
United States

NKars Posted at 2017-6-9 07:31
it works for me to..

It worked for me too... Thanks for the advise! ... Greetings from Douglas, Arizona... I invite you all to visit my YouTube channel ( ricardopr54 )...
2017-6-15
Use props
Nicol J Craig
New
Flight distance : 107641 ft
United Kingdom

Does anyone here know whether a factory data reset will mean I will lose all my flight data when re-configuring it afterwards? I'd sync'd it but unsure of whether it'll come back after reset...?
2017-7-5
Use props
Nicol J Craig
New
Flight distance : 107641 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same problem as people here. Started after the update (around May 2017).

If you do a factory reset, it fixes the problem. Just make sure you sync your flight records (I did mine with the DJI go app on my phone from my P4p+).
2017-7-5
Use props
fans295b3b06
lvl.1
Flight distance : 386017 ft
United States

How do I reset my controller to factory?
2017-7-7
Use props
Gipé33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1765486 ft
  • >>>
France

SOLUTION

Sur l’écran d’accueil sélectionner les paramètres.
System Settings
Backup & reset
Factory data reset
Valider, laisser travailler...
la tablette reboote
attention il faut être connecté à internet
DJI demande confirmation mail et MDP

On retrouve la carte anciennement téléchargée ainsi que la possibilité de télécharger les cartes du pays

On the Home screen select the settings.
System Settings
Backup & reset
Factory data reset
Validate, let work ...
The tablet reboots
Be careful you have to be connected to internet
DJI requests confirmation mail and CDM

You will find the old map downloaded as well as the possibility to download the maps of the country
2017-7-25
Use props
fans4a0ff7c1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84833475 ft
  • >>>
United States

NKars Posted at 2017-6-9 05:13
I have a Phantom 4 pro plus.with screen attached

Installed all updates..

It's a NASTY bug when upgrading. You have to do a FACTORY RESET then pick your maps from the ICON on the right on your home screen. You need to have an active WIFI connection to be able to download maps. It does not work like and active iPhone IOS and that is a significant lost feature set. Maybe one day you can actually put the DJI online via WIFI with some minimal monthly paid subscription via the major carriers like ATT, VERIZON or SPRINT. That would solve it.
You can actually use your cellphone as a WIFI network and log in from your P4P and then you actually get Satellite. Otherwise it's MAPS only.

Also another note:CLEARING CACHE when instructed on screen that it's full on a May 2017 upgrade also caused the CHINA only Maps issue.

MOST IMPORTANT: USE THESE FORUMS FOR TROUBLESHOOTING. I SPENT 2.5 HOURS ON CHAT WITH DJI AND IN THE END THEY TOLD ME TO SEND THE RC IN FOR REPAIR. I THINK DJI PRODUCTS ARE AMAZING BUT SUPPORT IS LOST IN TRANSLATION AND YOU LITERALLY GO IN CIRCLES WITH THEIR ONLINE TECHS. USE THIS FANTASTIC FORUM FOR ALL YOUR NEEDS, GREAT PEOPLE AND WELLINFORMED HANDS ON USERS.
2017-8-8
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

fans4a0ff7c1 Posted at 2017-8-8 06:07
It's a NASTY bug when upgrading. You have to do a FACTORY RESET then pick your maps from the ICON on the right on your home screen. You need to have an active WIFI connection to be able to download maps. It does not work like and active iPhone IOS and that is a significant lost feature set. Maybe one day you can actually put the DJI online via WIFI with some minimal monthly paid subscription via the major carriers like ATT, VERIZON or SPRINT. That would solve it.
You can actually use your cellphone as a WIFI network and log in from your P4P and then you actually get Satellite. Otherwise it's MAPS only.

I like the map of China. Its a good thing. I live here, the support is good if u talk Chinese.
2017-8-8
Use props
HugoTW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3723757 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

Same problem with the P4P+ controller. Only map of China available, including the 9-dash-line with 10 dashes. Not even Taiwan available.

Performed a factory reset of the controller. Logged in to WiFi (swipe down menu) and all maps available. Now with Here maps.

2017-8-16
Use props
TheKJ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 344085 ft
United Kingdom

TTM Posted at 2017-6-9 04:31

Thank you sososo much man The best
2017-8-31
Use props
Eric Vizents
lvl.1
Flight distance : 186781 ft
United States

This same issue happended to me today right after using the flight simulator. Before, everything was good. After simulator, DJ Go 4 was asking for mainland china number and only had Chinese maps. Took me awhile, but then I did the factory reset of my P4P+ controller and everything was good. Careful with that flight simulator!
2017-8-31
Use props
HESTOR
New
Flight distance : 17667 ft
Chile

Thanks you all.
Factory reset works pretty fine
2017-9-23
Use props
James Whenman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 426375 ft
United States

See next post.

I'll give the factory reset a try, I thought it only came with China maps.
You do get the best help in these Forums.
2017-9-25
Use props
James Whenman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 426375 ft
United States

Hey All,
What kind of maps are supposed to be in here ?
Do I get Atlanta,GA. ?
2017-9-27
Use props
fans4a0ff7c1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84833475 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans4a0ff7c1 Posted at 2017-8-8 06:07

Just got a DJI Refresh and CANNOT get any maps other than CHINA. I have done FACTORY RESET on RC 3 Times and still only CHINA MAPS?? It's a P4P+ built-in screen. Any clues out there. Again FACTORY RESET DID NOT WORK. I can set DATE and TIME and REGION correct no problem. After every Factory Reset it always sets the RC to HONG KONG Region/Time Zone, I change but still no difference. Baffling.
2019-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules