Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Factory new Zenmuse X5S keeps loud grinding noise
1610 4 2017-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tuukkuli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 427346 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Just reveived my Inspire 2 and Zenmuse X5S. Updated all and booted the drone.

The Zen keeps very loud grinding and rattiling noise. Please see the video. Is this normal?

I think it sounds like there is something quite near destruction in the X5S system. Quality control issue perhaps?

2017-6-8
Use props
Tuukkuli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 427346 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Can please someone from DJI comment on this? The gimbal is brand new. I don't think brand new one should sound like this?!
2017-6-9
Use props
SkySight Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it's any use, mine does exactly the same thing in calibration mode but seems to clear and work normally. I would also be interested in DJI's input on this.  
2017-6-10
Use props
RR3DR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108104 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would be as well. I am noticing this with my brand new Z30.
2017-10-4
Use props
DJE_tas
lvl.1
Australia

RR3DR Posted at 2017-10-4 10:13
I would be as well. I am noticing this with my brand new Z30.

There should not be any grinding noises - I have an X4S that is silent when running, and I have a replacement Z30 that is quiet (I wouldn't say silent). My first Z30 straight out of the box had a grinding noise - a little louder than Tuukkuli's video. I noted that the grinding noise would stop if I lifted the nose of the camera a tiny bit, so I suspected a gimbal motor problem. DJI got me to reinstall the camera firmware and then on second start up the camera swung violently on the gimbals and then died. I sent it back to DJI who confirmed two failed gimbal drives.

For a brand new product, this appears to be a quality control issue.
2017-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules