Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Solved my drift problem
1836 9 2017-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anthonyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

My Mavic had started to drift left during forward flight and I'd also noticed my gimbal wouldn't stay still either.  It had got so bad that I had to concentrate just to fly in a perfect straight line.  I had done numerous Compass and IMU calibrations but still got the drift.  I also had to manually adjust gimbal roll to counter the drift.

Turns out the problem was the RC left stick was off center by 11%.  Whether this is something that's happened over time I'm not sure.  I disconnected the aircraft, ran an RC stick calibration and bingo, drift problem solved.

If anyone else is suffering from drift you might want to try the RC calibration too, if you haven't already.

Using iPhone 6s with latest 4.1 and 800 firmware.
2017-6-8
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Thanks, that's good information. I've seen a few recent threads about this kind of drift, so it's helpful to know that this is a potential solution when it comes up again.
2017-6-8
Use props
PHL
Captain
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Yes, had exactly the same problem, and did the calibration a few weeks back when I noticed the issue. It did solve the problem.
2017-6-9
Use props
Spirytus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126864 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Mine drifted right on forward flight and after countless calibration attempts (including the RC sticks) I had to return it to DJI.

Best way to check if the drifting is being induced by the RC or the Aircraft is to analyze the recorded stick inputs from the log saved on the Mavic (downloaded post-flight with Assistant 2).
2017-6-9
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61184 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been having this problem.. Right drift in forward flight. I have to hold the stick about half left to fly a straight line. Tried to recalibreate the sticks, but it won't let me. I tap "calibrate" and then it says to center the sticks and hit "start"- I tap "start" and it pops up a warning that I have to center the sticks before I need to center the sticks before hitting start. my sticks are centered.   

>: (
2017-7-18
Use props
Mowee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 647648 ft
United States

I need to try this when I get home!   I was noticing my Mavic drifting to the left and having a hard time flying in a strait line last night!
2017-7-18
Use props
anthonyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Phan-TOM Posted at 2017-7-18 11:03
I've been having this problem.. Right drift in forward flight. I have to hold the stick about half left to fly a straight line. Tried to recalibreate the sticks, but it won't let me. I tap "calibrate" and then it says to center the sticks and hit "start"- I tap "start" and it pops up a warning that I have to center the sticks before I need to center the sticks before hitting start. my sticks are centered.   

>: (

I really had to move my sticks quite hard all around to reset them and then do the calibration.  They were off by 10%
2017-7-18
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61184 ft
  • >>>
United States

anthonyb Posted at 2017-7-18 18:43
I really had to move my sticks quite hard all around to reset them and then do the calibration.  They were off by 10%

Jeez...mine won't even let me try...
2017-7-19
Use props
Exib
Captain
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharign great tip
2017-7-19
Use props
Mowee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 647648 ft
United States

I'm looking at my calibration right now and don't see it showing them out of calibration.  I will do it anyway.
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules