DJI Mavic Pro (Error code: 0x0400) Front Sensor Error
9816 8 2017-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd29b30ca
New
Flight distance : 54603 ft
United States

This Error started yesterday, I tried recalibrating the camera, tried calibrating the compass, made sure all the updated where current still nothing. I can fly but it says front and bottom sensors are not calibrated and so the obstacle avoidance and landing is on me.
I called DJI but the guy I spoke to did not seem to know much and said he could open up an online repair ticket if I could not find a solution. Well, guys and gals what do you think anyone else had this issue? I've had it less than a week and have only gone through at the most 4 full battery cycles.

Thanks   

2017-6-8
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You probably need to use the Assistant 2 program on a PC to calibrate the sensors.
This link has a video on the sensor calibration.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-99083-1-2.html
2017-6-8
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

I get that sometimes when I don't start up properly, e.g. not in a flat surface or not bright or have my hands in front of the sensors.
Simply just turn off the AC and turn it back on,
2017-6-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please refer to 2# to calibrate the vision system with DJI Assistant 2. If not working, please keep us updated.
2017-6-9
Use props
Buzzard-Bait
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-9 03:55
Please refer to 2# to calibrate the vision system with DJI Assistant 2. If not working, please keep us updated.

Will do more testing today after a graduation I'm going to. Hoping to get some video there as it's out at a golf course I want to catch them as they start to emerge from the building afterward.

Also, the DJI Assistant 2 did not help. When it got to the calibration point in the program, the calibration section of the screen was just blank? No little dot patterns to follow on the screen? I have the latest version right from DJI. I'm running this on an iMac 24" (Early 2009). I did read someone saying you can run it from the DJI GO 4 app on the phone and will try that today and let you know.
2017-6-9
Use props
Buzzard-Bait
New
United States

I finally got my calibration set, although I did watch the video made by Henrik Olsen from the link above, on my iMac I did not have a 1600x900 screen setting the closest was 1600x1000. None of the 4 to 5 option mine had would show the calibration dots on the screen? DJI specifically states that their drones are tested on Apple products so how come they can fix a small issue with being able to use different resolution sizes with the DJI Assistant 2??????

I finally had to go over to my son's house, download the app to his Dell laptop and calibrate it there.
2017-6-10
Use props
Gaz-b
New
United Kingdom

I have the same issue I think the error code is 0x0400.

Following a crash lol.

Anyway from what i can tell the answer to the problem is to use the DJI assistant 2 to calibrate the vision sensors.

Best of luck mate.
2017-6-18
Use props
Francois0
New
France

Hello (sorry for my bade english)
After a crash in the water, I open my Mavic for the first time,  and I dried it (waiting 12h) put a battery, and all was working (incredible) just I had this message to (video system error, in French, I am). I trie to calibrate the video sensor with Assistant2 and I see that just one video sensor work (left one)!?!
So I decide to open it agen (with YouTube example) and I push on the connector of this right front camera (picture), I feel on my finger and hear a "click"... and after rebuild it IT WORK Perfectly!!! Yes!

(photo) https://www.skypixel.com/photos/sensor_error-jpg
Hop it can help you..? Good luckI hop that I don't have any more Dji garantis after open it my self...
2017-7-19
Use props
Sylvain Frenchy
New
France

This video is to remove the Gimbal, and of cours it is just the bigining that is intristing here... just how to open!
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules