Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5119b0f5
lvl.1
United States

Again loaded the new firmware and something went wrong. I have a DJI 3 professional and use a Samsung Tab A to view camera. Of course after the firmware update it no longer works. If I plug my Note 3 phone into the USB cable it connects right up and I can see with the camera. Pull the plug and switch to the Tab abd nothing. I get the how to connect bar and not a camera bar. I do get a camera bar on the inspire, which I dont have. I have deleted the app out of the Tab many times and yes cleared the cache on the Tab. Debgging is turned on. Any ideas?
2017-6-8
Use props
Sobey1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15200 ft
United Kingdom

The 3 hasn't got a FW upgrade........
2017-6-9
Use props
Murilo Carmello
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1562549 ft
United States

New FW? what is the number?
2017-6-9
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Sounds like your tablet for sure. Do you have the USB port configured to "Media Transfer Protocol" instead of "Charging"???? It may not be recognizing your device as such, and only trying to charge it.
2017-6-9
Use props
Phantom One
Captain
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-6-9 06:52
Sounds like your tablet for sure. Do you have the USB port configured to "Media Transfer Protocol" instead of "Charging"???? It may not be recognizing your device as such, and only trying to charge it.

Can this configuration be done on an IPad (older IPad)?  I surely can't find anywhere this can be done.
2017-6-9
Use props
crash1sttime
First Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Media Transfer Protocol" instead of "Charging"

its irrelevant, thats only for when you want to transfer files and has nothing to do with connecting your tablet, it sounds more like a dodgy cable that works with one device and not the other, you could try shutting it all down and starting the quad up and waiting about 30 seconds and then plugging in the tablet, you should get a pop up  box asking which app you want to use, if you dont get this then the tab isnt seeing the usb device.
2017-6-9
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Phantom One Posted at 2017-6-9 07:04
Can this configuration be done on an IPad (older IPad)?  I surely can't find anywhere this can be done.

I think it is relevant in my opinion, but cannot confirm it on I-phone. I do know if it is not set correctly on some android devices it will not connect unless it is set to "Media Transfer". Has nothing to do with actual file transfer, it is for data, instead of charging. I do agree with Crash1sttime about the sequence. Most of us will agree the correct procedure is to turn on RC, then power up the phantom (the tablet or phone can be turned on, but not connected to RC), now after RC turns green and is connected to your phantom connect the cable to your device. It should ask which protocol you want to use. Hang in there, you'll get it!
2017-6-9
Use props
fans5119b0f5
lvl.1
United States

FW was a 1.10 something. I got it when I first started the unit. Which I do start in order of RC, Drone, Tablet, then connect Tablet when green light on RC. When first started all was good and had firmware upgrade needed. So I did the RC and when I shut off after completion it won't reconnect to camera. The RC connects and I can fly but no camera view. Says I am disconnected. If I unplug tablet and go to phone then I get camera view....so issue is Tablet, just can't figure out what....and this seems to happen with every update
2017-6-10
Use props
piermusic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12881 ft

United States

Hi everyone,
I have a question that has been puzzling me.
I own a Phantom 3 Advanced however I recently had to swap the ECM board (I bought a used one and I performed the swap on my own since my Phantom was out of warranty already). The thing is, the board is that of a Phantom 3 Pro. So I have an unusual combination where my gimbal is a Phantom 3 Advanced, but the ECM is a Phantom 3 Pro. It all works without any issue but I now need to upgrade the firmware.. here's my dilemma. Should I use the firmware for the Pro or the firmware for the Advanced?
2017-6-13
Use props
Vincent D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622841 ft
United States

Use the correct firmware for the board
2017-6-17
Use props
fans5119b0f5
lvl.1
United States

Vincent D Posted at 2017-6-17 07:29
Use the correct firmware for the board

I used what it said but now can't see the number of it.
2018-1-31
Use props
TomWolves
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Last Firmware update for Phantom3 ADV was "Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.11.20    2017-07-06"
2018-2-1
Use props
fans5119b0f5
lvl.1
United States

Thank you. It's what I have
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules