2535 8 2017-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gibbd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

Im travelling to Sorrento later this year from England.  I was hoping to take my mavic with me as Ive seen some absolutely stunning shots being taken in the area.

I have a few concerns which Im hoping people can chip in about.

1)  Drone laws in Italy (specifically Sorrento area) -  I like to be law abiding and therefore if anyone can give me an overview of requirements that would be great.  Reading the Italian equivalent of the CAA stuff, it seems okay and similar to UK.

2)  Travelling out of the UK - Seems like everything can be in hand baggage with batteries adequately protected and charged to safe level.   Last thing I want is security taking my drone.  Worth the props going in checked baggage??

3) Travelling back to the UK  - Will the Italian security have a different view and keep my drone.

Thanks in advance
2017-6-8
Use props
flyingasd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31089 ft
Italy

Hi @gibbd

i've just checked the ENAC (Italian Civil Aviation Authority) and there aren't any restriction for Sorrento (airport, ATZ or CTR zone).

But we have another rules (for not professional flight):
• no flight over 70m height, 200m of distance
• no flight zone in city center
• no flight over people.

2017-6-8
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
United Kingdom

flyingasd Posted at 2017-6-8 23:56
Hi @gibbd

i've just checked the ENAC (Italian Civil Aviation Authority) and there aren't any restriction for Sorrento (airport, ATZ or CTR zone).

Thanks @flyingasd

That's helpful. Very similar to UK, except a little more restrictive on heights and distances.   

I had read somewhere that Italy requires you to have insurance and some form of licence?   Is this just for professional flights?
2017-6-9
Use props
flyingasd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31089 ft
Italy

just for professional flights.
Enjoy delightful panoramas of Sorrento
2017-6-9
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
United Kingdom

flyingasd Posted at 2017-6-9 00:24
just for professional flights.
Enjoy delightful panoramas of Sorrento

Excellent!   Now I just need to be sure that I can get my drone to and from Italy without problemo's

2017-6-9
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Any experiences from others going through airports would be greatly appreciated, even if it is not to/from Italy
2017-6-9
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I have since found out that many people take their drones to Sorrento no problem.    Soo... seems flying there is fine.     but im still concerned about airport security..... anyone have experience??
2017-6-20
Use props
David Atkinson
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Take a look at this: https://www.heliguy.com/blog/201 ... one-lipo-batteries/

The batteries seem to be the hardest part about travel. Really useful website.
2017-7-26
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

hey mate you can still get fabulous video  of your Italian adventure (have a look at the video i made..)
BUT consider few things: 1) do not fly just in the middle of the action ( find a more " comfortable " place) don't fly too close to people/monuments , keep the rest of your items close to you while your eyes are busy with the drone LOL... have a look :
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules