Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic Pro Battery issue.
4921 10 2017-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geomic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 319203 ft
Australia

My 1st post, so forgive me if I've created a long post than normal!
A DJI Mavic Pro Battery issue.
It seems this is a common issue, I have written to DJI Support with the same problem.  The reply from them after the following Msg was to ask if the green light blink twice or three time per minute. In my situation, I get a single Blink every 15 Secs. My Msg to DJI is as follows: A DJI Mavic Pro Battery issue. Yesterday I assembled and set-up my new DJI Mavic drone. Initially, I had difficulties in updating the firmware, on the couple of time it took me to unsuccessfully down load it, the original battery at around 50%, started to have problems and would not turn off.  It seemed to lockup with to two (2) centre LED on green and occasionally plinking of and back on to green. Eventually, my only option was to remove the battery whilst still on. I then replaced the battery with my spare one, and successfully down load, install and set-up the firmware. At this stage I was able to Stop, Start the drone at will and operate all the features. Overnight, I put the locked battery on the charger hoping it may discharge and recharge the battery. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen and now, after 24 hours plus, the battery is still showing the same two green LEDs and occasionally blinking. Has anyone else experience this situation and how can I rectify the problem without having to replace the $150 Battery.

2017-6-9
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

My best advise is to send the battery back - its not trust worthy!
2017-6-9
Use props
fans3078e08b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3885 ft
Netherlands

Had exactly same issue!!
Battery was perfectly fine and error occurred during update from .700 to .800.
Why should I send it back??? Is this safe??

ANSWER ME DJI. The battery was fine, maybe 2 - 4 times used.

I put it for safety reasons now far in my backyard in a Lipobag.

I am in doubt if I bought the right drone.

2017-6-10
Use props
fans3078e08b
lvl.1
Netherlands

Had exactly same issue!!
Why should I send it back??? Is it save to send it by post with it's middle green leds on, huh?

ANSWER ME DJI.

How to fix my new battery?

The battery was fine, maybe 2 - 4 times used.

I put it for safety reasons now far in my backyard in a Lipobag.

I am in very much doubt if I bought the right drone.
I have only crashed app, updates on updates, a broken battery and just less then half an hour flighttime with crashing DJI Go 4 app.
Besides the privacy and restrictions issues.

2017-6-10
Use props
fans3078e08b
lvl.1
Netherlands

fans3078e08b Posted at 2017-6-10 10:28
Had exactly same issue!!
Why should I send it back??? Is it save to send it by post with it's middle green leds on, huh?

Google is your friend ...

I found the solution and it's on this forum!

My Mavic and it's batteries are now OK with new firmware. Here is how I did it:

MANY, many thanks to  fans4bdce353, Beginner, United Kingdom       

"Thank you guys so much for your information, as I was worried about my drone with this problem as well. I have found another solution, & I believe it'll be the best one.
Just quickly how my problem happened, I somehow failed my first update through the app. Then, the battery had 2 LEDs Green flashed both around 13 seconds apart. I used my other two batteries from my combo package & they had no problem updating. So, I attempted to follow this forum article but no solution didn't work for me. It will always say "Battery must be 50%" everytime i tried to update even though it was prior to the failure. So this is my solution;

1) Please Download The DJI Assistant 2 application, which can be located in the Mavic Pro Download Section. Download your current computer manufacture.
2) Once you Log into the program, please connect your defective battery into  your done (Please disconnect its Gimbal Protection & Propellers just in-case) & let it initialise.
3) When the drone is booted up, connect your controller to your computer via the USB that came with the Mavic. Then, turn it on (otherwise it'll just remain in a charging state).
4) Your computer will install its relevant drivers automatically (Leave it for 1 minute).
5) Then, you will get an option to select your drone. Please do so!
6) A list will come up with all current Firmware releases from DJI, select the most up-to-date firmware & click "refresh".
7) Let the program do it's business downloading & installing. At the very end your drone will reboot along with your controller. Please don't worry if you lose connection to the program it'll return by itself!

And that was me fixed, I really hope this helps you guys! And, from now on i'll be using the computer software instead of my app! Happy flying!"

It worked perfect even though the battery was below 50%. It's now happy charging.
2017-6-10
Use props
Geomic
lvl.1
Australia

fans3078e08b Posted at 2017-6-10 12:35
Google is your friend ...

I found the solution and it's on this forum!

Thanks for your advice, seeing that mine blinks at the same rate as yours, I'll give this option a go first during the week and let you know the results.
2017-6-10
Use props
Geomic
lvl.1
Australia

BoomStrike Posted at 2017-6-9 03:55
My best advise is to send the battery back - its not trust worthy!

I'm still waiting for DJI to respond on this issue, but how can you send the battery back, it can't be posted because it is still ON and can't be drained or turned off, therefore it becomes a dangerous goods in the mail system?
2017-6-10
Use props
CaliMale
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18753 ft
United States

Hi, I had this happen. I simply put the battery back into the drone and re-ran the upgrade. It rebooted after the upgrade and everything was back to normal. Flew today with no issues.
2017-6-10
Use props
CaliMale
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18753 ft
United States

CaliMale Posted at 2017-6-10 20:16
Hi, I had this happen. I simply put the battery back into the drone and re-ran the upgrade. It rebooted after the upgrade and everything was back to normal. Flew today with no issues.

I read this happens when a firmware update fails during the battery upgrade portion. The battery goes into a type of.. I dunno who I am or what to do. The reinstall of the latest rev even if the manic is at the latest fixed it for me.

With my update problems, I was nervous but a "refresh" of the update from the dji assistant worked.

Good luck!
2017-6-10
Use props
Geomic
lvl.1
Australia

The Battery issue solved/din't solve itself. After our Australian dealer requesting me to return the battery for repairs, and my asking how do you post a live battery which is a dangerous item, they have not replied at all. However the battery finally went flat, and now will not be charged, even after leaving it on the charger for 2 days. In other words it is Dead so is my $150. RIP the battery!!
2017-7-14
Use props
sativarias
New
Flight distance : 5161 ft
Spain

fans3078e08b, THANKS!!! battery problem solved!!!
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules