Saved Settings
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Central Maine D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1046680 ft
United States

I had my P3P up the other day, wanted to take a picture from 1500 feet up above our porperty.  Started climbing only to have Maximum Altitude Reached announced on console.   I had set maximum to 500 meters but with one of the recent updates the settings were switched back to 250 meters.  I know I did not change the settings.  I wish software updates did not tamper with them.  F.Y.I.  I have an e-mail from the F.A.A. that says recreational drone pilots are NOT limited to 400 feet.

2017-6-9
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha D,

Most of the time settings are preserved during updates.  But, it is always possible that for some reason settings change for some reason during updates.  It is always wise to check your settings after an update.  DJI often reminds us to this effect.

That is interesting that you say the FAA is not limiting recreational drones to 400 feet.  Hobbyists are supposed to fly according to rules set up by a community based organization or association (like the AMA) and maybe they are the ones saying 400 feet?  Who knows, with the wrench thrown into the regulations when the courts threw out registration, maybe it is anarchy again!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-10
Use props
Central Maine D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1046680 ft
United States

I have been trying to figure out how to get commercial license so I can make some money flying / pictures.  The F.A.A. site was difficult to navigate, had broken links (I reported to F.A.A.)  Once I had contact at agency he provided link I'd been unable to find via searching.  The page it took me to had two columns, one recreational other commercial.  Commercial had limits, recreational didn't.  I questioned whether web page was incorrect but agency said recreational did NOT have the 400 foot altitude limitation.  It doesn't make sense to me but I kept his e-mail, I need to print it out and keep it in my P3P transport case.  
2017-6-13
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Central Maine D Posted at 2017-6-13 07:26
I have been trying to figure out how to get commercial license so I can make some money flying / pictures.  The F.A.A. site was difficult to navigate, had broken links (I reported to F.A.A.)  Once I had contact at agency he provided link I'd been unable to find via searching.  The page it took me to had two columns, one recreational other commercial.  Commercial had limits, recreational didn't.  I questioned whether web page was incorrect but agency said recreational did NOT have the 400 foot altitude limitation.  It doesn't make sense to me but I kept his e-mail, I need to print it out and keep it in my P3P transport case.

Aloha D,

What link are you using for the FAA?  Do you have any airports near you?  It is likely that a regional airport will have a licensing program.  The FAA will have that information, but I need that link you are using to check it out.

There may have been some ambiguity in the email you received.  The regulation actually says 400 feet from a "structure" or possibly "ground or structure".  Hills and mountains are structures under the regulations.  I regularly go 1640 feet up (500 meters) but I am on the side of a mountain and 75 feet from the "structure".  So, there can be some ambiguity.  

Send me your FAA link so I can look into it.  Also what is the nearest town to you in Central Maine?  If there are more than one town, what town in the direction of the larger airport.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, after any firmware updates, regardless of how small or large they might be, always do a thorough check of all app parameters and be sure they are set to your liking.
Pay particular attention to your RTH height, as that could be a catastrophe if set too low, for surrounding obstacles and any interference when landing.

RedHotPoker
2017-6-13
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

I was making a suggestion once a time, a while ago. That the "app" could save the settings to a file, and afterwards to be imported, after a update, no luck so far
2017-6-16
Use props
SimonH78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Normally an aircraft should fly over any land above 500ft unless its landing, drones are restricted to 400feet - Giving a 100 foot clearance boundary - for safety - thats why.... its always best to check through all the setting to make sure anythings been reset to default after an update.
2017-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules