Beyond frustrated
797 9 2017-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Altacasta1
New

United States

I have attempted to find the status of my remote controller repair CAS-578556-J0G2S8 over five times now, but I continue getting the same answers from representatives on the phone and nothing from repeated email inquiries. The telephone service representatives keep telling me that it has been approved for repair, but over a month later I have still not received my remote or even any updates.  The repair was a very simple one (the remote was even still functional), and at this point I'm at risk of losing my job because of the extended delays.

My remote control was received on 4/27 and verified on 5/1. The representative assured me that I would receive the remote before 5/22 for an important assignment, but I still have not received it nor have I been given any updates. I use my UAS frequently for work and needed it for another assignment this week, and another next week before 6/14. On Wednesday 6/8 the customer service representative once again assured me that I would have a replacement before my next assignment and he promised to personally follow up with updates, but of course I still have not heard anything. I’ve rented a UAS for this week’s assignment, and it’s absolutely critical that I have something to use for next week.

So far I have had to either cancel assignments or rent a drone on more than one occasion. I work for a nonprofit and we simply cannot afford to continue renting drones every other week, two more rentals and I would have paid enough to simply buy an entirely new UAS (of course at this point it would be from one of DJI's competitors).
The delay on this repair is beyond frustrating, and the lack of correspondence is downright unacceptable. I’m happy to pay extra for expedited processing shipping or do whatever else it takes to receive this repair in a timely manner.

I received a repaired Ronin battery (sent in for repair on the same day as the remote) within a matter of days. Has anyone else experienced this problem with a simple remote repair? I'm at the end of my rope here...

2017-6-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I sympathize with your situation and frustration, if I were in your position, I would feel the same way, apologize for your unpleasant experience.
I have escalated your case to the appropriate department who will look into it and help you get an update soon.I deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused. Hope you will get it as soon as possible.
2017-6-9
Use props
Fishlures
New
United States

good luck altacasta, these people don't care and their responses do absolutely nothing to solve the problem, same problems on this end
2017-6-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Fishlures Posted at 2017-6-9 23:46
good luck altacasta, these people don't care and their responses do absolutely nothing to solve the problem, same problems on this end

We do care much about your concern and feedback on our product and service, local team is working on it and will get you updated shortly. Please give us some time, we will keep improving to make your experience with us better, you patience will be highly appreciated.
2017-6-10
Use props
Altacasta1
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-9 19:32
I sympathize with your situation and frustration, if I were in your position, I would feel the same way, apologize for your unpleasant experience.
I have escalated your case to the appropriate department who will look into it and help you get an update soon.I deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused. Hope you will get it as soon as possible.

Thank you, DJI Mindy. I sincerely appreciate your response. It's more than just unpleasant when it affects my work. I've made several commitments based on what I've been promised by telephone representatives, and it reflects poorly on my entire organization when I cancel and postpone assignments.

I will need to cancel this week's very important assignment if I don't receive my remote before Wednesday, 6/14. If there's any way I could pay for overnight shipping - even if the remote has not been repaired - that would be greatly appreciated.
2017-6-12
Use props
Altacasta1
New

United States

Fishlures Posted at 2017-6-9 23:46

Thanks, Fishlures. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issues, although at this point I'm not entirely surprised. Best of luck to you too!
2017-6-12
Use props
Altacasta1
New

United States

Altacasta1 Posted at 2017-6-12 06:33
Thank you, DJI Mindy. I sincerely appreciate your response. It's more than just unpleasant when it affects my work. I've made several commitments based on what I've been promised by telephone representatives, and it reflects poorly on my entire organization when I cancel and postpone assignments.

I will need to cancel this week's very important assignment if I don't receive my remote before Wednesday, 6/14. If there's any way I could pay for overnight shipping - even if the remote has not been repaired - that would be greatly appreciated.

If I don't hear back before this afternoon, I'm going to go ahead and just buy a new remote controller. I simply cannot afford to cancel my next assignment. Thanks.
2017-6-12
Use props
Matt G
New
United States

So I don't want to sound like a consumer who is just venting but I am so utterly disappointed in DJI.  I love my Phantom 4 and have looked forward to this upgrade for a long time.  But I find myself in a crossroads that is so frustrating.  I have had battery issues with my RC, it simply has a defective battery and I am learning this is a common occurrence now. It wont take a full charge and stops at about 66%.  Now the issue is this, I reached out now for going on three weeks to several different representatives who ask the same thing, warranty and proof of purchase, video, and description of problem. I fulfill this every time and its like a get a new representative who starts all over again. I finally hold them to fixing this RC and now told I have to ship it all back????? WHY DJI its a battery issue!!!! One your aware of and made a RC that can't be opened and swapped out???? WHY.  I feel like they are just dragging this process out in hopes I just give up in which I have to sadly say I am. I will not ship everything back because after reading this forum its clear products get lost in shipping and receiving.  I am so frustrated with this whole process and will make every consumer out there know this is a terrible company when it comes to post costumer service and warranty repair. And again I want to say I love this drone and everything I have done so far with this product, but this one issue of service has left a terrible taste in my mouth and I would never recommend this product to anyone for that simple reason.  DJI tell me I am wrong, tell me there aren't dozens of other frustrated buyers on this forum who are going thru similar issues.  Why is this company not more receptive to post consumer service as they are on initial sales? Major disappointment DJI. Matt G - United States      
2017-6-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Matt G Posted at 2017-6-12 21:16
So I don't want to sound like a consumer who is just venting but I am so utterly disappointed in DJI.  I love my Phantom 4 and have looked forward to this upgrade for a long time.  But I find myself in a crossroads that is so frustrating.  I have had battery issues with my RC, it simply has a defective battery and I am learning this is a common occurrence now. It wont take a full charge and stops at about 66%.  Now the issue is this, I reached out now for going on three weeks to several different representatives who ask the same thing, warranty and proof of purchase, video, and description of problem. I fulfill this every time and its like a get a new representative who starts all over again. I finally hold them to fixing this RC and now told I have to ship it all back????? WHY DJI its a battery issue!!!! One your aware of and made a RC that can't be opened and swapped out???? WHY.  I feel like they are just dragging this process out in hopes I just give up in which I have to sadly say I am. I will not ship everything back because after reading this forum its clear products get lost in shipping and receiving.  I am so frustrated with this whole process and will make every consumer out there know this is a terrible company when it comes to post costumer service and warranty repair. And again I want to say I love this drone and everything I have done so far with this product, but this one issue of service has left a terrible taste in my mouth and I would never recommend this product to anyone for that simple reason.  DJI tell me I am wrong, tell me there aren't dozens of other frustrated buyers on this forum who are going thru similar issues.  Why is this company not more receptive to post consumer service as they are on initial sales? Major disappointment DJI. Matt G - United States

Matt, this situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been caused. If the RC failed to charge or cannot be charged fully, it may not just the battery issue, maybe the main board or the internal cable issue. Therefore, the RC need to be sent in for comprehensive damage assessment.
You mean our support suggest you to send in all the unit? including the aircraft? It's not so necessary. Besides, the lost thing issue is just rare, if it really happens, we will look into the whole process and get it sorted rather than leaving it alone.
We know we have much deficiency, but we will keep improving to provide you more professional service.
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Altacasta1 Posted at 2017-6-12 07:42
If I don't hear back before this afternoon, I'm going to go ahead and just buy a new remote controller. I simply cannot afford to cancel my next assignment. Thanks.

I'm so sorry that I didn't read your message in time.  Your Remote Controller has been shipped out yesterday. I apologize sincerely if the shipping affects your work.
2017-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules