12Next >
15782 66 2017-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aj0125
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225830 ft
United States

I sent customer service an email asking how the DJI goggles connect with the Spark and what the latency would be compared to the mavic and was very suprised by the answer I got:
"We do understand your interest with DJI Googles and Sparks adjoined together. However,
the only supported aircrafts or compatible drones for DJI Googles are the following:
Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 series and Inspire series as well. There are no updates regarding Spark
if he will part of the supported aircrafts for DJI Googles."

This was suprising to say the least, I thought DJI said Spark was supported for sure. If it isn't then I am definately cancelling my preorder. The reason I emailed them is because I did the online chat with a DJI service rep who said that the Goggles would connect wirelessly with the Spark just like Mavic and that response made me suspicious so I wanted to confirm with anoter rep via email, the response I got could not have been more different...I don't know If I am alone in getting frustrated but this is not the fist time I have personally gotten conflicting information from DJI representatives and I know I am not alone.

2017-6-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Maybe at a later but I don't think so, usually you will see it in accessories if it's compatible.
2017-6-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

My thoughts are the Spark will not be using the OcuSync technology and this would mean that the goggles would not connect to it by Wi-Fi.  So that seems to be a false statement to me. The Spark is really set to be a selfie drone and maybe they will offer the goggle connection at a later date? I was hoping the Spark would connect ... this way I could practice the close in shots with a cheaper drone.  But not a big deal to me at this point.

Rich
2017-6-9
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66286 ft
Australia

Well according to their own marketing material the goggles work with the spark. Its even in their videos so their response makes no sense. It connects to the remote via USB connection. I have the goggles and the spark but still waiting on the remote so as soon as that is in I can test.
2017-6-9
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

As others have said, "all of their (DJI) marketing surrounding the Spark makes mention of using the goggles.  With that said, I would seen no reason to cancel an order even if it doesn't connect from day 1.  I'm sure DJI will offer some sort of fix/option for goggle use.  After all it would be in their best interest (i.e. goggle sales).
2017-6-9
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

My understanding is the spark will work with the goggles when plugged into the remote via USB.
2017-6-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The goggles will work but not unless you buy the fly more combo with the remote so technically they won't work if you buy the $ 499 dollar spark...
2017-6-10
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

The goggles can be connected via cable from the controller to the goggles, as the only models of the Spark out are 'pre-production' they have not released the software allowing for the connection, DJI said they would be compatible via cable though.
2017-6-10
Use props
fansdf452923
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400787 ft
  • >>>
United States

GCBrent Posted at 2017-6-9 15:57
Well according to their own marketing material the goggles work with the spark. Its even in their videos so their response makes no sense. It connects to the remote via USB connection. I have the goggles and the spark but still waiting on the remote so as soon as that is in I can test.

Uhh the Spark controller doesn't have a USB port; just a MicroUSB for charging. Check the PDF on page 3

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ller_Multi_V1.0.pdf
2017-6-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Perhaps once the Spark is out for a period of time, there may be a version of Goggles for the Spark. It may just be too earlier yet.
2017-6-12
Use props
chraaaa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 114377 ft
United States

If you watch this video which appears to be directly from DJI, at the end the girl filming the cheerleaders is clearly flying the Spark with goggles.  https://youtu.be/a_KVQAcMZc4
2017-6-12
Use props
chraaaa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 114377 ft
United States

Link didn't work.  Video is called DJI - Spark - Possibilities.
IMG_2985.PNG
2017-6-12
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Australia

Connects via USB from the RC to the goggles
2017-6-12
Use props
rickysuperdog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

It don't support Spark at this moment, may be in the future.
Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 10.54.29 am.png
2017-6-12
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

GCBrent Posted at 2017-6-9 15:57

Spark remote doesn't have USB port. It connected to the phone using wifi.
2017-6-13
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

Where this is a DJI hosted forum, it doesn't seem to be monitored that much, if at all. Why wouldn't DJI put an official response on these types of topics?  
2017-6-13
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Australia

The RC DOES have a usb port! That is how it connects to the goggles...
2017-6-13
Use props
glennsp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29633 ft
United States

The guys at the DJI Experience Store in NYC confirmed that the goggles will work with Spark using OcuSync with a firmware update. I choose to trust them and won't cancel my order after all...
2017-6-14
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Australia

glennsp Posted at 2017-6-14 13:17
The guys at the DJI Experience Store in NYC confirmed that the goggles will work with Spark using OcuSync with a firmware update. I choose to trust them and won't cancel my order after all...

Thats interesting since the Spark doesnt use Ocusync. Maybe it is the same frequency that the Spark uses (WiFi)?
2017-6-14
Use props
mtnstream
lvl.3
Flight distance : 222621 ft
United States

GCBrent Posted at 2017-6-14 13:47
Thats interesting since the Spark doesnt use Ocusync. Maybe it is the same frequency that the Spark uses (WiFi)?

No Spark RC USB connection is a deal breaker for me! Does RC connect  via wifi or USB?  
Thankfully,  I've held off ordering Spark until more detail  is known on RC.
2017-6-14
Use props
mtnstream
lvl.3
United States

mtnstream Posted at 2017-6-14 14:53
No Spark RC USB connection is a deal breaker for me! Does RC connect  via wifi or USB?  
Thankfully,  I've held off ordering Spark until more detail  is known on RC.

Thanks to poster above for sharing RC specs!!!!  Clearly there is NO USB port
to mirror or connect other HD Goggles i.e. Glypth, Headplay etc. currently done
for FPV with other DJI product.  You  are limited to DJI Goggles when they decide
to release FW to support it.

You saved me spending $700 on an expensive WIFI TOY, Thanks!!!!
2017-6-14
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

Spark RC documentation shows a Micro USB port
2017-6-14
Use props
mtnstream
lvl.3
United States

aviscomi Posted at 2017-6-14 15:54

Indeed  it does have a USB but for power and most likely not data. I will certainly be paying attention
when Friday-weekend shipments start hitting the air and pro reviews.
2017-6-14
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

aviscomi Posted at 2017-6-14 15:54

But it is identified as the RC charging port in the documentation.

I guess we won't know until we get our FlyMore packages.

Until then, as always, YMMV!
2017-6-14
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

mtnstream Posted at 2017-6-14 16:09
Indeed  it does have a USB but for power and most likely not data. I will certainly be paying attention
when Friday-weekend shipments start hitting the air and pro reviews.

If I'm not mistaken the micro port on the side of the Mavic RC supports both (power & device).  The trick will be to locate a micro to mirco cord
2017-6-14
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

Nevermind...I found 1:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011KN ... dp_T2_MnDqzb4KEA3RF
2017-6-14
Use props
mtnstream
lvl.3
United States

aviscomi Posted at 2017-6-14 16:17
If I'm not mistaken the micro port on the side of the Mavic RC supports both (power & device).  The trick will be to locate a micro to mirco cord

10-4, if Spark RC has same data/power connection as Mavic then that changes everything for me.!
As you already know from experience, as well some others on here, this will allow other goggle
use versus DJI.  I had vision of FPV flying Spark with my Glypth, Shark HD or Headplay via mirrored
through Nvidia K1 hdmi.  This setup works superbly for me with I1, P4 and MavP.

I'll be watching this thread with great interest when you, Nikon and others receive Fly more
Hopefully Friday....Thanks for feed back.
2017-6-14
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

mtnstream Posted at 2017-6-14 16:36
10-4, if Spark RC has same data/power connection as Mavic then that changes everything for me.!
As you already know from experience, as well some others on here, this will allow other goggle
use versus DJI.  I had vision of FPV flying Spark with my Glypth, Shark HD or Headplay via mirrored

Actually I ordered 2 Sparks...I already received my Fly Less and can say that I'm not too impressed.  Yeah the size is cool, but flying it with virtual joysticks sucks.  Oh the gesture control is fabulous, but gets old quick.
2017-6-14
Use props
mtnstream
lvl.3
United States

aviscomi Posted at 2017-6-14 16:20
Nevermind...I found 1:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011KNQVT4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T2_MnDqzb4KEA3RF

I got this one and several others if needed.

I thought about Flyless but you confirmed why I thankfully didn't with virtual sticks.  
Growing up with crystal radios 70's to today's  programmable Taranis et al
to adding transducer chips to Devo 7E/10 RC no way to fly but with "Sticks"!

It appears the Green Spark FM  eta is Monday.

2017-6-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Spark will support DJI Goggles very soon, please note our official release, thank you for your support and patience.
2017-6-15
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-15 01:15
Spark will support DJI Goggles very soon, please note our official release, thank you for your support and patience.

Thanks for the confirmation!
2017-6-15
Use props
mtnstream
lvl.3
United States

aviscomi Posted at 2017-6-15 02:17
Thanks for the confirmation!

After thinking about this, one should be able to wifi from Spark RC to a device such as a K1 and mirror 1080 video hdmi out to hdmi in to goggles of your choice.  Anyone have a thought on this?
2017-6-15
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

mtnstream Posted at 2017-6-15 04:43
After thinking about this, one should be able to wifi from Spark RC to a device such as a K1 and mirror 1080 video hdmi out to hdmi in to goggles of your choice.  Anyone have a thought on this?

I'm updating my SHIELD now and I'll try it in a few minutes, though I hate using the DGI 4 with Android
2017-6-15
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

mtnstream Posted at 2017-6-15 04:43

Confirmed...the DJI Go App connected to my Spark via NVIDIA Shield works fine with my Fatsharks, thus I assume any HDMI output goggles with be fine
2017-6-15
Use props
mtnstream
lvl.3
United States

aviscomi Posted at 2017-6-15 05:19
Confirmed...the DJI Go App connected to my Spark via NVIDIA Shield works fine with my Fatsharks, thus I assume any HDMI output goggles with be fine

Avisc, Many Thanks for confirmation!  I agree with you on
Go4 and android but unfortunately Apple -iOS missed the boat on iPad hdmi out. Thanks again. Mtnstream, NC
2017-6-15
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

Must watch...he connects goggles towards end of video:
2017-6-15
Use props
Dom
lvl.2
France

Do you have any idea if it will be possible to connect Fat Shark to the RC of the Spark ?
Thanks.
2017-6-15
Use props
mtnstream
lvl.3
United States

aviscomi Posted at 2017-6-15 11:08
https://youtu.be/s0f4ejBlYeM

Excellent!  USB does support power AND LINK DATA. THANKS!
2017-6-15
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

Dom Posted at 2017-6-15 11:51
Do you have any idea if it will be possible to connect Fat Shark to the RC of the Spark ?
Thanks.

Negative...you need a HDMI port to accomplish that task.
2017-6-15
Use props
aj0125
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225830 ft
United States

aviscomi Posted at 2017-6-15 11:08
https://youtu.be/s0f4ejBlYeM

I just saw this video and was coming on here to talk about it but you beat me to it. So based on this video I assume that the spark works with the goggles as of now? The really frustrating part still is always getting different answers from official DJI reps. I have now gotten 4 different answers from DJI staff if you include Mindy's statement on here. They really need to get on the same page when it comes to giving customers information...
2017-6-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules