Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Head tracking HELP
4593 18 2017-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc88da7d9
New
Flight distance : 49380 ft
United States

I can't seem to get my gimble to work with head tracking.  Everything works fine with my Mavic and the goggle.  Everytime I try to turn on the head tracking function I would get amessage in the goggle saying

head tracking gimbal failed to enter head tracking flight mode
retry after connecting to remote

I have try many time to resync the Mavic and the goggle.  It still gives me the same message.  I try every setting in the iphone and the goggle.  Nothing works.  HELP!

2017-6-9
Use props
hengheng
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136001 ft
Hong Kong

I guess you need to take off first before entering the head tracking flight mode
2017-6-12
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

tokenbrit Posted at 2017-6-12 07:22
Which P4 do you have?  The functionality is currently limited with the base version.
My earlier post deals with some of the realities of connecting the goggles with either the USB or HDMI option.

The OP has a Mavic.
2017-6-12
Use props
mstriebeck
lvl.1
United States

Hi! Did you ever get this to work? I seem to have the same problem...
2017-6-13
Use props
Robertwaite77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110564 ft
United States

Having the same issue. Any solution found?
2017-6-14
Use props
Robertwaite77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110564 ft
United States

I emailed technical support on the issue and got a very week attempt at solving it. I nonetheless figured it out on my own and solved this problem by updating the firmware in the Mavic. I hope this helps the next person who comes across this.
I'm very excited about trying this out now.
Happy Flying!!!
2017-6-15
Use props
fans8e11d20f
New
United States

I have this same issue with my new Mavic Pro. I get everything connected and I can see the view through the goggles. However, when I try to turn on head tracking mode I get the error: "failed to enter head tracking mode retry after connecting controller". This happens when I'm on the ground or when the mavic is in the air. My controller seems to be connected just fine.
Any ideas on how to fix this? It's kind of frustrating that this doesn't work as that was a major selling point of getting the DJI goggles.

2017-7-15
Use props
DennisMurry08
Captain
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got my goggles up and running today...I don't have that problem..I can set it both before takeoff and change to it in the air....sorry you're having this problem
2017-7-15
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

Do a googles calibration (that helped improve headtracking on my goggles).
2017-7-16
Use props
fanse3b639da
lvl.1
Indonesia

I have this same problem with my new Mavic Pro. I get everything connected and I can see the view through the goggles. However, when I try to turn on head tracking mode I get the error: "failed to enter head tracking mode retry after connecting controller".

is there a solution to fix this problem
thank's for reply
2017-7-18
Use props
fanse3b639da
lvl.1
Indonesia

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-7-16 04:52
Do a googles calibration (that helped improve headtracking on my goggles).

how to do a google calibration ??
2017-7-18
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

fanse3b639da Posted at 2017-7-18 05:45
how to do a google calibration ??

The goggle manual has this covered.  I'd make sure you have read the latest version. Do you need a link?  
2017-7-18
Use props
levani27
New
Canada

Hello Folks, can I use my Android phone connected to controller and goggle?
2017-7-18
Use props
fanse3b639da
lvl.1
Indonesia

i have a look on my firmware Mavic ... it's on 200 and the latest is on 900 ...i think is the problem ...more over the google are also on 900 !
so i have better to upgrade the mavik i think
thank's for helping
2017-7-19
Use props
fanse3b639da
lvl.1
Indonesia

i just finish to upgrade my Mavic and radio with firmware on 900 .... and  miracle .... the head tracking is on ! i hope you can fix this problem like me
thank's for all
2017-7-19
Use props
fans51f2004d
New
Hungary

I have the mavic pro platinum and the racing edition googles and I get: "Failed to enterhead tracking flight mode" all the time. I am very frustrated that I buy the latest products from DJI, I take the time to update all the firmwares (controller, aircraft 1.04.02, dji goggles re 1.00.01) and they do not work. The whole point of the goggles is head tracking so its a completely defective bad product from DJI for me.
2018-1-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans51f2004d Posted at 2018-1-18 11:27
I have the mavic pro platinum and the racing edition googles and I get: "Failed to enterhead tracking flight mode" all the time. I am very frustrated that I buy the latest products from DJI, I take the time to update all the firmwares (controller, aircraft 1.04.02, dji goggles re 1.00.01) and they do not work. The whole point of the goggles is head tracking so its a completely defective bad product from DJI for me.

The only problem I have is exiting head tracking. I also have the goggles Res
2018-1-18
Use props
djiuser_cgPNRpGCuSoB
lvl.1

Belgium

Same problem, but imu calibration of goggles solve for me
2022-5-7
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft