Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
balance stock propellers / horrible vibrations in gimbal
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PandaFlyingcat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
China

hello crew,
i noticed that the stock props and also carbon reinforced props are horrible out of balance and the gimbal is shaking like hell every flight.
how to balance them since they have the new térrible wobbly quick release mounts?

suggestions?

2017-6-9
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Normally the stock props are very well balanced and the mounts are not wobbly.

I suggest you don't fly until you have sorted the problem.

Are the mount screws loose?
2017-6-10
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
Second Officer
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-6-10 01:07
Normally the stock props are very well balanced and the mounts are not wobbly.

I suggest you don't fly until you have sorted the problem.

yep actually all screws in the whole brand new P4 A+ where loose and i had to tighten them all. but i still get alot vibrations. i fly drones for more than 10 years and know you have to balance props out even DJIs.
the stock props are not well balanced from factory. i also tested all other in box propellers and result is same.
i noticed one motor on the left arm is little loose and the plastic frame is squeaking when i move the motor a bit. other arms are better but not perfect so i thought that might be just bad quality.
(my P3 didnt have these problems except for the stock propeller which i fly one time with alot vibrations but after i got some carbon reinforced black props, all vibrations where gone and i fly these propellers almost a year)

now i see these new quick release things and i am not happy about them. i can move all propellers up and down some millimeters. looks normal because the P4 in DJI store is same even i think there should be a better solution.
i am thinking about to get rid of those quick release system and use the other carbon props from my P3 with same propeller adapters as P3 have.

so thanks for your answer so far. when you think its not normal i want follow your advice and not fly but instead keep an eye on this problem first. i will do a short video soon and post that here so we can all figure out whats the cause and how to prevent it in future. ill keep you updated.
2017-6-10
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-6-10 10:25
yep actually all screws in the whole brand new P4 A+ where loose and i had to tighten them all. but i still get alot vibrations. i fly drones for more than 10 years and know you have to balance props out even DJIs.
the stock props are not well balanced from factory. i also tested all other in box propellers and result is same.
i noticed one motor on the left arm is little loose and the plastic frame is squeaking when i move the motor a bit. other arms are better but not perfect so i thought that might be just bad quality.

"yep actually all screws in the whole brand new P4 A+ where loose and i had to tighten them all."
Hope you tightened them to the correct torque, otherwise that may be the problem!

"i noticed one motor on the left arm is little loose and the plastic frame is squeaking when i move the motor a bit. other arms are better but not perfect so i thought that might be just bad quality. "
That's not right, mine are all solid, given a reasonable amount of force.

"now i see these new quick release things and i am not happy about them. i can move all propellers up and down some millimeters. looks normal because the P4 in DJI store is same even i think there should be a better solution. "
They are supposed to move up and down on the springs so that they are quick to release, once in the air they will be held in the up position by the lift which should lock them firmly in place.  If they move up and down without pushing on the springs then that is a problem.  You do have springs on the prop mounts?

"i am thinking about to get rid of those quick release system and use the other carbon props from my P3 with same propeller adapters as P3 have."
The quick release system has proved itself to be far more reliable than the P3 "self tightening" screw system, almost zero propellers flying off in flight.  Also very few people complaining of vibration.

"so thanks for your answer so far. when you think its not normal i want follow your advice and not fly but instead keep an eye on this problem first. i will do a short video soon and post that here so we can all figure out whats the cause and how to prevent it in future. ill keep you updated."
Maybe it is a question of standards, of course the standard props are not perfectly balanced, but however well you get them balanced it is always possible for someone else to be dissatisfied and be able to do better!  I guess a video would help to understand what we are talking about...
2017-6-10
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
Second Officer
United States

thanks for the answer. a video will help i think.
i do that today and show it
2017-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules