Picture & Vidio Problems
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alcorn61
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30125 ft
United Kingdom

Screenshot_20170610-115857_01.png Hi all
A bit of help would be much appreciated. Out having a bit of flying practice on  my new P4 last night on my village cricket field at located the back of my house . But kept I am having a problem with monitor ocassionally and getting a red line across my pictures  and video . Please see attached picture.  Any help would be very much appreciated as I'm new to this. Thanks in  advance Alan.
2017-6-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Alan. The image you see on monitor is a live stream back from the aircraft, this is subject to radio/electrical interference, probably mostly from wifi routers which also operate in the 2.4 & 5.8 GHz wavebands. So it could just be not the best area to fly in. But worth checking that the antenna are set to give best performance, have a look at this video:-

Also, which display device are you using ?
2017-6-10
Use props
Alcorn61
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi reply much appreciated,
I use Samsung note tablet 10.1 ,2014 . The Video record is even worse even though I have reduced quality. Also I have had to turn on Usb debug to improve connection.
I have reinstalled the app twice.
2017-6-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alcorn61 Posted at 2017-6-10 13:35
Hi reply much appreciated,
I use Samsung note tablet 10.1 ,2014 . The Video record is even worse even though I have reduced quality. Also I have had to turn on Usb debug to improve connection.
I have reinstalled the app twice.

The video is recorded to the SD card on the aircraft, I'm assuming that it is OK and of good quality ?

Other than the USB debugging (which is off on my Nexus 7 II) look further down the menu and you should see an option to 'Select USB Configuration', try setting that to MTP (Media Transfer Protocol).

2017-6-10
Use props
Alcorn61
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi done that,spent hours on this,begining to think it a software conflict,between Samsung tablet & DJI app, ass if it was a signal problem from P4 controller to drone is would show up on monitor  , but surely it should record ok direct to sd card.? Tried both indoors and out sometimes perfect ,mostly poor.
2017-6-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alcorn61 Posted at 2017-6-10 14:24
Hi done that,spent hours on this,begining to think it a software conflict,between Samsung tablet & DJI app, ass if it was a signal problem from P4 controller to drone is would show up on monitor  , but surely it should record ok direct to sd card.? Tried both indoors and out sometimes perfect ,mostly poor.

Have you taken the sd card out and played back on a PC, I would expect that to be good ?
2017-6-10
Use props
Alcorn61
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Actually no ,will try that ,played it back through the P4 only . Ordered a super fast 64gb 80mb/s card today. Just using a standard Sandisk 32gb  but!! reduced quality in app. Noticed that the screen has got intermittence sometimes ,Getting a little fed up with these connection problems the actual P4 is great quality but the go 4 app looks as though it has issues. {:4_142:}
2017-6-11
Use props
Alcorn61
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Alcorn61 Posted at 2017-6-11 04:26
Actually no ,will try that ,played it back through the P4 only . Ordered a super fast 64gb 80mb/s card today. Just using a standard Sandisk 32gb  but!! reduced quality in app. Noticed that the screen has got intermittence sometimes ,Getting a little fed up with these connection problems the actual P4 is great quality but the go 4 app looks as though it has issues.

Also Tried my One-plus 3T Andriod phone on it today its got a really fast processor and  ram it was slightly better but not perfect.
2017-6-11
Use props
Bigrhino245
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132746 ft
United Kingdom

I've been having a similar issue with the P4P ever since the recent firmware update, can't get a decent video link back to the RC.
2017-6-11
Use props
Alcorn61
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Bigrhino245 Posted at 2017-6-11 05:12
I've been having a similar issue with the P4P ever since the recent firmware update, can't get a decent video link back to the RC.

I've given up on it for the moment ,as its doing me head in{:4_177:} spent hours & Hours on this and no further forward. I've formatted the sd card so cant even check if it played ok on computer and was a transmission error only   between P4 & controller ? monitor. What I have noted is if I turn off GPS & Wifi  on tablet  and kill every other app, interference  is noticeably better and less frequent. Just wondering if the extra work required to look for Wifi and GPS as well as what the GO 4 app is asking for is just to much for the processor to handle ?

I'll try again next week when new ultra sd card arrives 64gb 80mb/s . Plus my friend and neighbour has offered to loan me his I pad air to try.Ill try both together  If it works the P4 is going in the box until next update as I'm not  shelling out more money for a new I Pad.
2017-6-11
Use props
Alcorn61
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-10 14:52
Have you taken the sd card out and played back on a PC, I would expect that to be good ?

Ugh can you believe it ,got picture/video  stored  on computer but I have formatted both SD cards .

Your comment and suggestions are very much appreciated . Thank you
2017-6-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alcorn61 Posted at 2017-6-11 06:49
Ugh can you believe it ,got picture/video  stored  on computer but I have formatted both SD cards .

Your comment and suggestions are very much appreciated . Thank you

Always next week

The images and video on the SD card are the important ones, the ones that you would use for editing or presentation. The live stream is just for reference so that you can see what you're filming and where the aircraft is going. If you have the P4 then irrespective of which resolution you chose to record in, it will always be a 720P streamed image you see in the DJI Go 4 App'.
2017-6-11
Use props
Alcorn61
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-11 10:53
Always next week

The images and video on the SD card are the important ones, the ones that you would use for editing or presentation. The live stream is just for reference so that you can see what you're filming and where the aircraft is going. If you have the P4 then irrespective of which resolution you chose to record in, it will always be a 720P streamed image you see in the DJI Go 4 App'.

Thank you
I'm getting my head round it slowly ,ordered a smaller heavy duty USB lead,from Samsung tablet to P4 controller,but ,had to get my dremell out and expand hole in bottom of bracket as the Samusng Tablet is bottom USB fed and the controller bracket wasn't quite wide enough for usb cable head to go through. But ! all sorted now.  I've a lso ordered myself a new Sandisk Extreme MicroSDXC UHS-I 64GB Card.   Apparently Ideal for P4  4K Ultra HD.  Plus spent a few hours cleaning up my Samsung 10.1  P600 so hopefully all will be good,it fits perfect in fact *just*  into the brackets on controller so was lucky there . When cleaning/turning of apps on  tablet etc  I noticed the go app loads a lot of junk/bloat wear as well so removed that whilst I was on with it.  Already the monitor look a little clearer due to less apps drawing on processor,& I  did a little video whilst  indoors it looks a lot better. Flying epc planes was certainly less  hassle compared to this .
2017-6-12
Use props
SargeAF
lvl.1
United States

Alcorn61 Posted at 2017-6-11 06:48
I've given up on it for the moment ,as its doing me head in spent hours & Hours on this and no further forward. I've formatted the sd card so cant even check if it played ok on computer and was a transmission error only   between P4 & controller ? monitor. What I have noted is if I turn off GPS & Wifi  on tablet  and kill every other app, interference  is noticeably better and less frequent. Just wondering if the extra work required to look for Wifi and GPS as well as what the GO 4 app is asking for is just to much for the processor to handle ?

I'll try again next week when new ultra sd card arrives 64gb 80mb/s . Plus my friend and neighbour has offered to loan me his I pad air to try.Ill try both together  If it works the P4 is going in the box until next update as I'm not  shelling out more money for a new I Pad.

I am also a beginner, I have a Azus tablet through VZ (Verizon) and I noticed the same problems but they was minor, deleted all the games and such so it is just the base programs, shut off those that I could not delete, WiFi is off due to there is none here so I use the internet connection through VZ and I have not had any problems to speak of.
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules