Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My Phantom 4 Pro Flies very unstable, it's practically wobbling!
3709 12 2017-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pritch84
lvl.1

Thailand

So a week ago I posted I have a problem with my gimbal twitching but now I've realized it's not the gimbal that's the problem its the way my craft is flying.
It seems to happen when it hits light winds if I'm going forward or backward at near full speed (in gps mode not sport or atti)

The best way to explain it would be instead of a constant engine humm you hear, rumm rumm rumm as the craft wobbles as if it's a speedboat crashing over waves. It behaves like it's in strong winds but the wind is about 10 mph today and was very light on other days when the same thing has happened.

I've done numerous IMU callibrations, compass callibrations, gimbal callibrations, updated the firmware (today as well) and opened the backup pair of propps to see if they were the issue but it still happens.

My store has a 7 day return policy but it was raining so I couldn't fly and I've only just figured out the problem 3 weeks on so now I'm not sure what to do as the nearest DJI store is 600 km from me in Bangkok. Is this something other people have experienced with this craft? I've had the P2, P3 Pro and they both didn't do this to my memory so I don't think it's normal.

2017-6-10
Use props
Pritch84
lvl.1

Thailand

p.s I just uploaded my latest flight log, a short flight I did at night after a bunch of updates with the same issue.
2017-6-10
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Both my P4P's have not done this. I am guessing this will need repair/servicing.
2017-6-10
Use props
Alpine Force 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1430 ft
France

Since the Firmware v.01.03.0418, IFModes are 70% disabled, and she flys like a pig, twitchy and unstable with no wind, with obstacle avoidance kicking in 20-30 metres away from the nearest object! Don't fly it as much for now, as it just isn't as responsive or fully operational as the last firmware. Something which I can't do due to DJI's new update policies. :/
2017-6-11
Use props
Pritch84
lvl.1

Thailand

Can DJI maybe comment? If I have a broken unit am I going to have to pay for repairs even though it came to me like this??? My store has a 7 day returns policy (not enough to figure out such a complex device)
It's currently unusable for professional video jobs, only photography where I don't have to be moving.
2017-6-11
Use props
RUDIMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145554 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hmm i have a new P4PRO  and exactly the same problem...its flying very nervous and obstacle avoidance kicking in when obstacles are 10 meters away :-(
2017-7-24
Use props
Killua86
New
Australia

RUDIMAN Posted at 2017-7-24 08:27
Hmm i have a new P4PRO  and exactly the same problem...its flying very nervous and obstacle avoidance kicking in when obstacles are 10 meters away :-(

Same issue here since the last update with my P4. Very unstable and if it's slightly windy makes me really not want to fly anymore . Actually had my first crash 2 weeks ago. While tracking an object it flew back straight into some bushes, while the object was a good 5 meters away and drone was hovering over it anyway.
2017-7-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That noise your hearing sounds very much like Imu working overtime to keep everything on an even keel.
I know you said you did IMU a number of times, but it really needs to be done correctly, i.e. You need a very level surface use spirit level to check, make sure you get to the end of process.

Then check it at low height .

If you've done all this, and still have same problem, you may need to send in for analysis.
2017-7-28
Use props
Jason Grubb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5456 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-28 02:23
That noise your hearing sounds very much like Imu working overtime to keep everything on an even keel.
I know you said you did IMU a number of times, but it really needs to be done correctly, i.e. You need a very level surface use spirit level to check, make sure you get to the end of process.

I have the same issue with my p4 after update .....come on DJI where are you ?
2017-8-3
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Jason Grubb Posted at 2017-8-3 13:38
I have the same issue with my p4 after update .....come on DJI where are you ?

No matter how loudly you're crying here, DJI will not respond without starting the service procedure. That's the core principle of discussion forums, this one included. Forum moderators may help escalating the issue (and they usually do), but they're not experts. Opening the ticket is first thing to do if the issue remains unsolvable with our help. Call DJI or send an email, describe the issue and ask for assistance. They're probably working hard to iron this wrinkle as well.  As OP stated, it's a complex piece of cutting edge technology ...
2017-8-3
Use props
MendoNick
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1432080 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem with my P4 Advanced Plus. Not the obstacle avoidance part, but it flies like it's a dolphin, undulating up and down (oscillating on the pitch axis) at 10 mph forward or faster. Seems like the parameters in the flight control are overcorrecting.  I just did a full calibration of everything and will try again.  But I also noticed my P4 standard does this even worse. What could be going on?  Because of the unstable flight I can't get a smooth video without twitches and jerks.  

Watch the linked short video clip for an example.  This was captured at 4K and then converted to 720 for sharing on Dropbox.
Phantom 4 Advanced Plus unstable flight & video
2018-11-3
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Would be good to read a response from DJI.
2018-11-5
Use props
Pritch84
lvl.1

Thailand

Yeh the process to send my drone back was too long winded so I gave up and have just had a rubbish, broken phantom drone from day 1 of owning it. The same as my phantom 2. DJI customer quality control is terrible. My camera is ok at least but I cant fly it fast for the same reasons you say, flys like a dolphin up and down, gimble will fix the bumps sometimes.
2018-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules