Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
D-RTK - A3 precision of 1cm or just images?
2633 7 2017-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rick.iseeit
lvl.3
Canada

The D-RTK is plugged into the A3 so does that mean that the A3 will fly with 1cm precision or does the RTK only provide precision data to the camera?

I just started flying a new M600/Pro with RTK and my return-to-home was about 5 feet off the home.
I had 15 GPS acquired with a blue R.

I bought the RTK for aerial precision for very accurate high building (up to 400').
Don't really care about the image 1cm precision...

2017-6-10
Use props
Helipilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79846 ft
United Kingdom

I had heard the the RTK doesnt send the location details to the image so no co-ordinates in exif info? Have you found that?
2017-6-11
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 250125 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's been my understanding that in a waypoint/ auto-take a picture situation, the copter will get within a centimeter of the defined location, and then snap the photo. Or in the case of surveying, hover the best it can within that centimeter bubble. Physics being what they are, it's unlikely that a copter will be able to hover within a centimeter stability and variance, but it can assure that when it does hover over the defined spot, even if it's just for a split second, it will then take the picture.

When I read the exif data off of DJI cameras with RTK, the LAT and LONG are populated. It's my assumption that these values have centimeter level accuracy. However, I'm happy to be proven otherwise by someone at DJI that knows more about these details.

Cheers
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's supposed to ensure that the aircraft can fly within that kind of precision in combination with the Datalink Pro, as it helps triagulate the aircraft's position without the need of a compass that's more prone to interference via metal etc.
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Helipilot Posted at 2017-6-11 00:54
I had heard the the RTK doesnt send the location details to the image so no co-ordinates in exif info? Have you found that?

It depends on the camera when referring to what metadata gets stored onto images. You are correct that in general it does not send information directly on to images, as the DRTK still feeds information into the A3. It just makes any metadata that's imprinted by the A3 more accurate.
2017-6-29
Use props
ISeeIt.ca
lvl.3
United States

DJI Support's Reply:

"RTK provides more accurate positioning when flying and hovering, but when you get it to return to home (RTH button), the drone doesn't use RTK but just uses its GPS"
2017-7-4
Use props
solaroebi
lvl.1

Switzerland

In my work as thermographer of solar power plant I should do precision flying. The geodata in the image is maybe very accurate, but is it Google Earth? I discovered deviations of several meters between google earth location and the "real world" location. Somehow we have to be able to handle these deviations.  
2017-7-7
Use props
Mr.Bluskyone1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 406909 ft
  • >>>
United States

In my setups for RTK the picture metadata seems to be very accurate, I have attached a sample report made from a picture taken with Z3/M600Pro/RTK. I have also included a few pictures of what it should look like in the app when everything is set up correctly and working.

DJI RTK IMAGE Metadata Report

DJI RTK IMAGE Metadata Report

RTK

RTK

RTK

RTK

RTK

RTK
2017-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now